Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 60 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

It is like asking what motorcycle oil is best :).

On my road going bikes and every "other people's bikes" I service I use Tri-Flow Superior Lubricant. It is not due to any deep thought or deep scientific reasons, it works good and is easy to buy, but I am not married to it, anything like it will work. MC lube is likely too heavy.

On my off-road bikes I use chain wax/dry lube. There is lots of debate on this but it has always worked well for me (for decades). I do not use it on other people's bikes as I feel they will not keep it up (but I do on my kids MTB bikes as I service them), so I keep it simple with the above Tri-Flow for other people.
Trifle is one I have had in the past and was ok with. When it ran out I had other lube so I didn't bother getting more of it.

I boughtt a huge bottle of rocknroll gold and that is what I have used for almost everything for years.

White Lightning Dry Weather. You'll be fine, because teflon.

Mc lube is too heavy and sticky. I have used many and have no huge preference between the good ones. Buy a bottle of something good from the bike store for $15 and that should last you a very long time. Given a choice, I'd probably choose dru lube as it picks up less dirt and I don't expect you'll be riding through a ton of mud.
3 votes for dry lube/chain wax. But not MC chain wax correct??

Any half decent wax at CrapTire??

3 votes for dry lube/chain wax. But not MC chain wax correct??

Any half decent wax at CrapTire??
molten speed wax is what i get
there's a whole process around it (removing all oil lubes on existing chain) but after that initial strip is done its easy

Whatever chain lube that you use try to use it sparingly and try to apply it only on the rollers.
Excess lube is messy and just attracts dirt.

I found that if you ride dirt and gravel the oil (even dry lube) will attract the dirt and crud and wear the chain out faster. I am now of the camp of only oil when chain looks orange or if you hear it, and then only sparingly. In winter I dry it after salty rides and then add some lube (I keep buying what the LBS says and that keeps changing). I found that changing the chain every other year was the best insurance. KMC chains wear the best and Shimano ones suck. This is from a mountain bike for summer and downhill (tank) bike for winter. The thoroughbred road bikes I have no knowledge (except my 70's 10 speed).

My current line rotation. The pen thingy allows me to add drop by drop into the individual link, when I have the patience.
IMG_4667.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up a new e-bike for my wife. Damn I actually really like riding it very smooth assist and very nice up hill.
10af1ccd7f93746855a6f24c4ede3bd3.jpg

Sent from the future

1719990782762.png

Hasn't let me down yet.

Back
Top Bottom