Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 384 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Interesting. Another tesla related article. 2008 roadsters on original battery packs are apparently still functioning well but those that paid $32k in 2016 or later for an "upgraded" pack are starting to see some failures (bad enough to make the car useless without a new battery pack).

So far tesla insurance doesnt sound inordinately expensive

I've seen lots of people saying they're spending over $3K/year for coverage on Model 3's, so yeah, they're not cheap. We're paying a little over $1K/year for full coverage on the Volt.

I've seen lots of people saying they're spending over $3K/year for coverage on Model 3's, so yeah, they're not cheap. We're paying a little over $1K/year for full coverage on the Volt.
Not sure where those lots of people are from or their history but I'm paying just around 2k a year in Stouffville for a 2022. My 2017 F150 was $100 cheaper when I swapped.

I suspect this is another anti-EV story that might have a shred of truth in it somewhere but has been massively overblown. Most EVs have the battery under the floorpan. If you get in a crash that gets there (e.g. hard side impact), the car is a writeoff anyhow.

I suspect this is another anti-EV story that might have a shred of truth in it somewhere but has been massively overblown. Most EVs have the battery under the floorpan. If you get in a crash that gets there (e.g. hard side impact), the car is a writeoff anyhow.
The interesting one is the people that run over a curb. Normally, assuming you dont smash the oil pan and keep it running, lift it off and you are fine. If they are writing off vehicles that otherwise have minimal damage but have a scratched/slightly dented pack with no way to confirm internal pristiness, that could be a lot of write offs.

Not sure where those lots of people are from or their history but I'm paying just around 2k a year in Stouffville for a 2022.

Stouffville is within fallout distance of Markham.

Went for dinner in newmarket. Took a picture of the poor charger looking sad with both cords cut off. Coming out a soul ev was in one of the spots with the owner frantically tapping away at the screen to try to find another charger.

Maybe chargers in public places need a high voltage low amperage wire to discourage bad behaviour. Like getting hit with a cow electric fence when you cut the lead.

20230330-174838.jpg

Went for dinner in newmarket. Took a picture of the poor charger looking sad with both cords cut off. Coming out a soul ev was in one of the spots with the owner frantically tapping away at the screen to try to find another charger.

Maybe chargers in public places need a high voltage low amperage wire to discourage bad behaviour. Like getting hit with a cow electric fence when you cut the lead.

20230330-174838.jpg
I can’t for the life of me understand the mindset behind damaging a charger…or any other public property.

Like wtf type of pleasure do you get?

Reactions: LBV

20230330-174838.jpg

In the Town of Aurora we have all our charges installed in front of all municipal buildings so zero damage so far (or maybe we have better ppl in Aurora?). The issue I see is that Ivy has a slower rate of charge and high price (I spoke with one Tesla owner) and these chargers have 0.1% utilization - they never used, maybe once a week a see a poor sol who run out of juice and sitting in the car waiting top up.... Don' t know what's wrong but it looks like a huge waste of taxpayers money as taxpayers paid for installation...

Chargers need to be kwh based the government is stopping this for some stupid reason. Time based is stupid and standing in the way of widespread adoption. I put a deposit down on a e blaser today and hope things are better by the time I get it.

Sent from the future
Nice! What’s the ETA on those and what’s their MSRP?

I like the looks and specs of the blazer, and Chevy has been good with the EV tech…besides some minor battery fire issues.

Well this is a big F$@$ you to the world. I hope this accelerates EV adoption.

Guess they weren't making enough billions.

Well this is a big F$@$ you to the world. I hope this accelerates EV adoption.

Guess they weren't making enough billions.

One of the reasons I like our EV’s - not supporting Saudi Arabia.

A lot of people still seem to think we use our own oil here to refine into gasoline.

Yes, 2014 data, but I think would still be close.

Canada produces more oil than it can consume. As a result, Canada is a significant net exporter of crude oil.
In 2014, Canada exported 2.85 million barrels per day of crude oil. Of this, 97% went to the United States and the remaining 3% went to Europe and Asia.

RankCountryPercentage of Total
World Oil Production (2014)*
1United States14%
2Saudi Arabia13%
3Russian Federation12%
4People’s Republic of China5%
5Canada5%
6United Arab Emirates4%
7Islamic Republic of Iran4%
8Iraq4%
9Kuwait4%
10Brazil3%

Switched back to original tires from the snow tires. I bought another set of wheels to save hassle in the future. Immediate drop in noise and immediate boost in range. I have a bunch of longer trips coming up.

Switched back to original tires from the snow tires. I bought another set of wheels to save hassle in the future. Immediate drop in noise and immediate boost in range. I have a bunch of longer trips coming up.
I swapped my tires out to all seasons on the weekend...instant change to feel and steering weight. Much better.

They're loud, but that's because they're down to about 4-5mm on each corner, so these tires get louder as they age.

I considered replacing it, but it looks like I'm good for at least another season...maybe more.

Highway warriors, here's another contender.

I like this. Nice scenic drive in that video, too.

Back
Top Bottom