Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 385 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Highway warriors, here's another contender.

I like this. Nice scenic drive in that video, too.
Has vw sorted out their issues with the id's? I know even dealer techs didnt want to own them as they had (currently) unsolvable flaws. I think they were mainly related to the interface and not the actual driving but still, they arent cheap, they have to work reliably.

This LiteCruser concept was patented by Toyota so it's coming to market looks like. That would be my choice, not ugly soap boxes from tesla :)

Ram is taking the Ford Lightning approach ... keep the form-factor the same as what their customers are familiar with so as to not alienate them, even though everything underneath is different.

Last edited:

Ram is taking the Ford Lightning approach ... keep the form-factor the same as what their customers are familiar with so as to not alienate them, even though everything underneath is different.
Too bad this is a RAM product after seeing how unbelievably bad their dealers are and that they can't even make replacement keys for the newer promasters I won't be lining up.

Sent from the future

Another price drop for Tesla…

Few more and I could actually afford it!

People here were giving lifts to those who had electric cars during the power outage.

Another price drop for Tesla…

Few more and I could actually afford it!

Double edged sword

Great for new customers.

Great way to alienate your former customers...

Double edged sword

Great for new customers.

Great way to alienate your former customers...
Inventory was climbing. Competitors were finally starting to sell more cars. This helps both of those issues.

Existing customers are barely an after-thought for most manufacturers. I suspect that will be even more applicable to Tesla. Ev's should last longer and tesla rarely releases a substantial update so owners have little reason to return unless it is to add another vehicle. If they are adding, price cut will make them happy.

People here were giving lifts to those who had electric cars during the power outage.
Thats something that never crossed my mind !!

Can you charge a car with a generator?

Thats something that never crossed my mind !!

Can you charge a car with a generator?
yes tho I suspect there are some limitations .....there was a lot of laughter with diesel generator powered EV charging stations in outback Australia to fill in gaps.

yes tho I suspect there are some limitations .....there was a lot of laughter with diesel generator powered EV charging stations in outback Australia to fill in gaps.
Other than being a lot slower than your normal fast chargers, I don't think there is any other issue other than carrying around a genny and gas.

You can even charge EVs with other cars. The new F150 powerboost and lightning does 7.2/9.8kw through a 240v outlet, should be significantly faster than a standard 120v
The Kia/Hyundai EVs have V2L capabilities out of their port as well but at 120v

Happens during many longer power outages. Seems to be highly correlated with mouth breathers. Everybody knew the storm was coming, having the car full before it came made sense.

I know a tow operator that had to deal with so many dead ev's after a previous storm as a ton of citiots drove out to check on their cottages. Their cottages in an area heavily storm damaged that required their entire range to reach. F me. You can't fix stupid.

Back
Top Bottom