Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2024 Edition) | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2024 Edition)

I went for a ride today to Algonquin to check out the fall colors, which doubled as a scouting mission to see if it’s worth bringing my wife along tomorrow. Unfortunately, the colours were quite muted.
We were down in Western New York last week camping (in a trailer, not a tent!), and the colours in Letchworth were extremely muted. Per a park ranger, the trees have been stressed this year with the weird mix of heavy rains and drought we had this summer, so the colours will be limited and short-lived. Many never changed colour, the leaves just kind of dried out and fell off. Apparently Algonquin is quite similar.

We went further south to Allegany State Park on the border with Pennsylvania later in the week, and they had way more colour down there, not sure why...

Tomorrows memorial Saddlesore 1000 is on.

1729460497139.png

If anyone sees a Star Venture Transcontinental hoofing it across the city tomorrow morning at around 5AM, wave hi.

Last edited:
Tomorrows memorial Saddlesore 1000 is on.

View attachment 70525

If anyone sees a Star Venture Transcontinental hoofing it across the city tomorrow morning at around 5AM, wave hi.
Good Luck and hope the border crossings are painless.
I'm heading up to Screaming Heads and the Bunny Trail tomorrow and will be cutting across the 401 to the 400 around 6am, so I think you might be a few minutes ahead of me.

Good Luck and hope the border crossings are painless.

Thanks. Got all my bookmarks setup on my phone to check best path once I get about 20 minutes out from Windsor (Tunnel vs Bridge), the shot across back to Ganonoque should be pretty clear (interstate all the way), and fingers crossed for Ganonoque on the way back.

Last edited:
I did a short ride today from Milton to Burlington and back.

Great weather. I think this is my favourite season to ride in. I wish I had more time this time of year.

PXL-20241020-153146292.jpg

PXL-20241020-155128570.jpg

PXL-20241020-164725956.jpg

1000014706.png

Small potatoes compared to most here, but got in a quick boot out to Niagara-on-the-Lake and back. Went with a buddy from Toronto, and as he lives downtown, he wanted to start early to dodge the marathon. We took off from Hamilton around 8:30, and the roads were still super greasy with dew and wet leaves. It wasn't until we skirted St Catharines around 10:30 that things had finally dried up. I forgot how much fun Effingham St could be, though the 50 limit means you're well into roadside impound territory before you can get on the side of the tire. Still, the whole point of getting the Guzzi was to chill out and be happy going slow, and that's exactly what I did. The bike was flawless. Saw some decent fall colours, too, and had a good lunch at the Angel Inn. Job done.

Wingboy, I'm confused as to who the "little" brother is.
Six of us got out for a nice ride yesterday now, Ottawa to Kazabazua, Portage du Fort, Griffith, Calabogie, Packenham and back to Ottawa.
One of the guys had stator problems, but made it home, after stalling at his exit.

Six of us got out for a nice ride yesterday now, Ottawa to Kazabazua, Portage du Fort, Griffith, Calabogie, Packenham and back to Ottawa.
One of the guys had stator problems, but made it home, after stalling at his exit.
Marty is 12 years younger than me, but a little bit bigger.

Woah. Blown away to know that there are people who know where Kazabazua is, let alone have gone there.

Mulligan Ferry is named after the missus' grandfather, or maybe great grand father. We were last up there (even a little further up/Gracefield) last year to say our goodbyes to her grandmother. The cemetery neighbours a farm, so all the cows came to the fence to watch the ceremony. You're in Quebec but it seemed like most of the names in the cemetery were irish, mostly her family's kin.

Mandatory stop at LaChappelle's :)

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-21 at 9.59.13 AM.jpeg

I'll give you a shout next time we head out that way.

Back
Top Bottom