Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2024 Edition) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2024 Edition)

Didn't that all go south after Somalia?

Just found out another coworker of mine who retired only 4-5 years ago is very unwell and counting his days.

Man, this just further reinforces my earlier discussion in this thread to live life now as you never know if you’re going to be able to do so in retirement. Ugh.

Anyhow, I pushed my Iron Butt ride up to Monday instead of tomorrow. Reasons.

Just found out another coworker of mine who retired only 4-5 years ago is very unwell and counting his days.

Man, this just further reinforces my earlier discussion in this thread to live life now as you never know if you’re going to be able to do so in retirement. Ugh.

Anyhow, I pushed my Iron Butt ride up to Monday instead of tomorrow. Reasons.
I've been following the mantra of "eat the dessert first" for quite a while now.

He's in!! @Wingboy book us a jump in Dubai!

Beautiful day out there today. I planned it so I wasn’t looking into the sun on my way home so I did dirt on the way up and twisties on the return. About 500km in total (I waited until about 11am to leave to warm up as it was 0c when I checked the tire pressures during breakfast.
Some proper off-roading and a beautiful trail connecting Marmora and Deloro (called Twin Sister Lakes Rd), and a view from the bridge on Old Hastings Rd (it’s dirt/gravel road and if you like to drift it’s a blast), and the nice pavement twisties of Lower Faraday.

Attachments

• IMG_5870.jpeg
    IMG_5870.jpeg
    587 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5871.jpeg
    IMG_5871.jpeg
    534.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5872.jpeg
    IMG_5872.jpeg
    437.1 KB · Views: 15
I got out for a little toot after work. I did not put the liner in my jacket and soon regretted it.

I think all the people who already packed away their bikes in such a way that they can't (or won't) pull it out again until the spring are going to regret it this weekend. Forecast is looking freakin awesome for being almost November.

Beautiful day out there today. I planned it so I wasn’t looking into the sun on my way home so I did dirt on the way up and twisties on the return. About 500km in total (I waited until about 11am to leave to warm up as it was 0c when I checked the tire pressures during breakfast.
Some proper off-roading and a beautiful trail connecting Marmora and Deloro (called Twin Sister Lakes Rd), and a view from the bridge on Old Hastings Rd (it’s dirt/gravel road and if you like to drift it’s a blast), and the nice pavement twisties of Lower Faraday.
Did you tackle both water crossings?

Today I saw a guy out on his KLR complete with nonmatching milk crate.

I'd much rather fly a sailplane tho we did have to wear a chute.
1729211971885.png
My fav plane at the Smithsonian. Think there may be one at York Soaring that does not get used enough enough.

I got out for a little toot after work. I did not put the liner in my jacket and soon regretted it.
I put the liner in my coat, rolled the bike out of the garage and went nope nope nope don’t need the liner, bike says it 15c and it’s feels sunny and warm. Tossed the liner aside and left and bike quickly said “fooled ya, just 12c old boy”. It was 17c by the time I hit Bancroft but the temp drops quickly after 4pm.

Sister in law messaged me tonite. She is giving my little brother a tandem for his 60th b'day.I think we are doing this on Sat.
Stoked!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom