Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2024 Edition) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2024 Edition)

You can spend hours watching people fumble around on the hairpins!

That guy has the same kind of dry, sarcastic humour that I'm often accused of...

now you've gon don it. I'm hooked.
I need to go there and get one of those stickers.

now you've gon don it. I'm hooked.
I need to go there and get one of those stickers.

Right?

It's like a Killboy sticker for Europe!

We put our own sticker up on the Stelvio sign:

187150271-L.jpg

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

And nope.

With a nope cherry on top.

I’ll fly the plane. I’m sure as hell not jumping out of a perfectly functional aircraft though. 😆
I'm with you! I've done plenty of dangerous (and some stupid) things in this life -- I've never, not ever for 1 second, wanted to jump from a flying airplane.

Or jump with a bungee.

i will never bungie jump. nope!

perfectly good airplane anyday.

LOL. Funny where we each draw our lines.

I wanted to go skydiving a few years ago, but there's quite a lot of jumps you need to complete first, with tandem and then static-line until you get to pull your own chute.

I get it, it's for safety reasons, but I kinda like the free-fall alone aspect of it and would want to do it sooner rather than $$$ later...

I wanted to go skydiving a few years ago, but there's quite a lot of jumps you need to complete first, with tandem and then static-line until you get to pull your own chute.

I get it, it's for safety reasons, but I kinda like the free-fall alone aspect of it and would want to do it sooner rather than $$$ later...
yar.

Last i heard you need 200 solo jumps before anyone will even sell you a wing suit.

I'm sure someone will be willing to let you 'fall' out of an airplane with a parachute, if you sign every 'release from liability' form on the planet. :)

Key thing is to make sure you jump over some place cool, if it IS the last thing you do on this planet then go out looking at something neat.

Victoria Falls (One of the natural 7 wonders of the world), Zimbabwe - 2018

G0133906 (1).jpg
G0133905 (1).jpg

G0133915 (1).jpg

P.S. Still riding!

Last edited:

My first jump was a GTAM group ride/jump day. Get enough people here together and another could be planned for next year.
It’s easier just to jump tandem on your first. You won’t notice the other person back there and they help scoot you through the open door when it’s time which can be beneficial. I had 63sec of free-fall on that first jump (I paid for the video).

There’s nothing like the feeling immediately after jumping out of a plane on your own. You feel like you can do anything.

I’d imagine there’s nothing like the feeling of sh!tting your pants immediately after jumping out of the plane as well, because that’s probably what I’d immediately do.

Last i heard you need 200 solo jumps before anyone will even sell you a wing suit.

I’m sure you can buy them on Temu or AliExpress. What could possibly go wrong.

First and only jump was a static line. Would love to do it again.
I guess a lot now is tandem but it just doesn't sound as much fun if you jump with some guy hugging you. Hanging alone a few thousand feet up over Lake Huron was pretty cool.

First and only jump was a static line. Would love to do it again.
I guess a lot now is tandem but it just doesn't sound as much fun if you jump with some guy hugging you. Hanging alone a few thousand feet up over Lake Huron was pretty cool.
How about a beautiful redhead?
20241017_100938.jpg

'Used to tease the raspberry beret wearin' Airborne guys...

"Only two things fall from the sky... Fools and bird **** "

Or... "why the hell would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane?"

Then there'd be a fight. The MPs would show up and we'd all run away.

'Used to tease the raspberry beret wearin' Airborne guys...

"Only two things fall from the sky... Fools and bird **** "

Or... "why the hell would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane?"

Then there'd be a fight. The MPs would show up and we'd all run away.
Translation?

Translation?
Back in my military days whenever we'd encounter members on the now defunct Queens Own Rifles regiment who were Airborne and wore burgandy berets, we would mock and cojole them for their parachuting and general pomposness.
'Good old toxic masculine ball busting.
On occasion, someone would take it too seriously and start a fist fight.
When we would hear the Military Poice were called, we would all evacuate the area so as to avoid the ramifications of our banter.

Back
Top Bottom