Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2024 Edition) | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2024 Edition)

Woah. Blown away to know that there are people who know where Kazabazua is, let alone have gone there.

Mulligan Ferry is named after the missus' grandfather, or maybe great grand father. We were last up there (even a little further up/Gracefield) last year to say our goodbyes to her grandmother. The cemetery neighbours a farm, so all the cows came to the fence to watch the ceremony. You're in Quebec but it seemed like most of the names in the cemetery were irish, mostly her family's kin.

Mandatory stop at LaChappelle's :)

View attachment 70542

I'll give you a shout next time we head out that way.
One of the OSC instructors, Andy Miljour, lives there. I’ll try and post a track of our route, as we got lost and ended up going north on a freshly gravelled road along a west bank of the Ottawa.

What's so special about Lachapelles? I know someone with that surname who might get a kick out of a picture.

You eat well, don't pay too much, and I guess it's the go-to place for the locals.

I think for the missus' there's also a lot of nostalgia with being back to where they used to be when the kids were young, where they would go as a family, etc. We were going to bury grandma, but she was looking forward to going there the whole way up.

I'm a simple, supportive partner. If it's magic to her, and they serve good food and beer, it's magic to me too haha.

You eat well, don't pay too much, and I guess it's the go-to place for the locals.
So what's the go-to order here? I'm hoping to do an IB ride this week, but if I can't figure out the details maybe I'll head out there and snap a pic for my friend. I shared the picture you posted and she already got a kick out of it.

Thanks, yes, all good, pulled back into the originating gas station just before 8PM, 16 hours and 10 minutes for 1640'ish KM, I maintained a good average all day and kept my stops very tight. Borders were both a breeze. Iron Butt confirmed still intact lol.

I'll post a longer update tomorrow, heading for a well deserved shower and bed now. Work tomorrow.

Went out for an afternoon jaunt today. 9°C when I left home before lunch. My wife graciously gifted me her R1250RS because she never rides it, so I took it out for a spin. Headed south towards the dry grasslands, near Canada's only semi-arid desert, sagebrush dotting the landscape.

DSCN6227-X2.jpg

Hit a high of 13°C for the afternoon! Yay!

RS_Lake-X2.jpg

My new (to me) bike!

So what bike are you going to gift to her in return?
BTW...She doesn't want used...

Back
Top Bottom