When are you taking your bikes out? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When are you taking your bikes out?

I picked up my bike from the dealership today and then proceeded to Ride it 80km home even though my buddy had brought his trailer to tow it back. My hands were frozen but it was absolutely fantastic.

Still a lot of gravel out there. The cross wind was not fun. Can't wait for it to get over 10 degrees.

Weather Network has 3 days of rain for Fri-Sun April 3-5th. Tentative launch date set for Sat April 11th, just too bad the Easter long weekend is the week before.

Guessing though the Northern roads will still be off-limits until March though. Does anyone know when the roads might be clean and not sanded/salted in and around the Lindsay/Omemee/Port Hope areas?

Last edited:
The day is mine! Cold, but awesome to be out riding again. Renting a Harley in Cozumel a couple weeks ago, was but a tease.

i think i'm gonna wait until after the first few rain falls, and when the weather gets up above 10c+. i remember riding last year when it was 0c and it was not fun at all. going to avoid that for the most part. the bike is already set and ready to go. battery back in, started it, no hiccups. oil change etc was done when i stored the bike back in october/14.

Gonna drive it down from sudbury (in a pickup) on april 1st :D.

Not today

:bootyshake:

I should've taken it to work today. Bit cold but otherwise fine out.

I've been riding for the past 5 days straight... yes even in -5 and -8 weather during the day and night, mostly on local roads and when I go on highway i just put my body into tuck position flying at 140kph. No issues. Met quite a few other sport riders already, it's awesome to ride in small groups! For most with smaller balls, looks like April is a better option. My insurance is too high, need to make every sec worth it.

Doing a course on the weekend. Hope it isn't too icy there.

Doing a course on the weekend. Hope it isn't too icy there.

Lol I saw quite a few patches of ice on corners of intersection and parking lots, definitely want to be safe but nothing invisible like black ice. Best of luck on your course. Testing my new signature here.

Lol I saw quite a few patches of ice on corners of intersection and parking lots, definitely want to be safe but nothing invisible like black ice. Best of luck on your course. Testing my new signature here.

You can add colour and a different font to your signature. What does your signature represent?

Can't see signature im my Tapatalk
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

One more week and I can be insured by sf so my bike is coming out next week rain or shine

One more week and I can be insured by sf so my bike is coming out next week rain or shine

Yeeeeeaaah! That's the spirit! Warrior spotted.

Another day I'm regretting not taking it to work. Gf was all like, "it's -10! You're gonna die. No." should've ignored her, lol.

Yeah looking at the LONG range forecast not supposed to be above +5 at night till third week of April. Given I generally leave for work at 5:30 am and it is a 45 minute commute along 401 and 404. Doubt I will be commuting in till at least May. But hoping to get out with a friend of mine on Good Friday fir a quick spin mid - late afternoon. Right now not sure if she will want to go forecast says +3 as the high..

So maybe I lied about the rain or shine deal. I cleaned my chain and I don't want it to get any more surface rust. But I'm insured and will be out the next nice day (hot or cold)

Went for a 30 min ride last night from Vaughan to mid town Toronto, it was -1 outside. Snowpants and Winter jacket over my motorcycle gear and it was no problem.

Rode to work again today, missed the rain both ways.

Nothing worse than standing at the bus stop after work wishing you had ridden in.

Back
Top Bottom