Wheel bearings | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wheel bearings

I went to SKF "bearing school", and basically their line is: replace them, they're cheap
This made my day. Used to work in Tier 1 Automotive Mfg and the only place that made bearings to print on one of our projects was SKF. They were goddamn expensive ($6.50-14.00/each).

They were also a PITA to deal with.

You mean snap ring pliers? You can get individual ones pretty cheap at Princess Auto (and probably Amazon), but I spent the extra to get the Lisle bidirectional with replaceable tips when they were on sale:

View attachment 69623

I also got this set of bearing/bushing press kit and highly recommend, especially at this lower price:
View attachment 69624
I personally can't stand the ones with removable tips The tips always fall out and are never right proper ones like wingboy posted are rigid and worked much better

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I personally can't stand the ones with removable tips The tips always fall out and are never right proper ones like wingboy posted are rigid and worked much better

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Never had a tip fall out when properly secured with the set screws. I only have experience with my Lisle set, though.

I liked that setup so much, I recently bought this one when it was on sale - basically an industrial version with greater range. I like how I only need enough space to store a single handle and the multiple bits (out of the case, of course).

1725474933874.png

Back
Top Bottom