What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 180 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Why? The bike is already in neutral, no?
I like the bike in gear, if it doesnt go up first shot, it goes forward. Let out the clutch and the bike stops dead.

I have larger bikes, that procedure works for me.

Picked up a non running 2011 yamaha kodiak 450 atv. Guy said he was plowing his driveway in the winter and it just died on him. From some quick research looks like yamaha kodiaks have fuel pump problems blowing fuses, though mine looks to be carb version and no fuel pump I cant spot(wires running anywhere near there) He told me to start with the keyed ignition since it's not the original one on it and he think it might be causing problem.

It will turn over if I jump the starter relay with a screwdriver so engine isn't blown.
Strange thing is my ignition fuse is good, but as soon as I turn on the keyed ignition it blows the 30 amp main fuel system fuse within less than a second....I thought I heard something click on quickly, then instantly main 30 amp fuse blown. I get nothing on the dash when the key is in "on" position (even though ignition fuse tests fine)
Any electronic experts? Admittedly I'm not the greatest with electrical systems. Would a short in the wiring harness touching the frame do this? Or should I buy a new keyed ignition from amazon and start there.

I have about $1000-1200 to play with before getting into the territory of having just bought a running one. Figured it was a reasonably safe gamble.
Where do you live? (If you do not have it fixed by now ...)

That's a Shinko 705. I was considering the Trailmax Mission, but my wallet wouldn't open wide enough.
Should have recognize them.

I also have 705s

Spend the afternoon doing some maintenance on the triumph, while discovering my love for corridos :love:

Broke my cousins CBR250R during a stupidly simple oil change.

One of those bolts snapped. Literally zero torque just spinning away happily…and then SNAP!

He rode home as it wasn’t leaking…but I’m upset with myself. Didn’t over torque it at all. Can’t figure it out.

One of those behind the cowl…
1719099791101.jpeg

The remnants…
1719099814345.jpeg

One of those bolts snapped. Literally zero torque just spinning away happily…and then SNAP!

He rode home as it wasn’t leaking…but I’m upset with myself. Didn’t over torque it at all. Can’t figure it out.

View attachment 68487

The remnants…
View attachment 68488
if you need one of those thread cleaner bolt thingys let me know

Tis possible the last guy to touch that bolt over torqued it and stretched the thread, so the thread doesn't line up any more, and when you took it out it broke.
If it broke when you were putting it IN you cross threaded it

Were you taking it out or putting it in?

I don’t know what I need to fix this…but I want to fix it.

He’s less upset about it than I am.

To make you feel better, it was probably cross threaded at the last oil change and this time damaged threads just caused the bolt to twist on the way out. It's a fairly long bolt, it will take some surgical skills to drill it out and remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

To make you feel better, it was probably cross threaded at the last oil change and this time damaged threads just caused the bolt to twist on the way out. It's a fairly long bolt, it will take some surgical skills to drill it out and remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
That doesn’t make me feel better at all…

I blamed the previous oil change (another cousin). But I need to fix this.

He rode home and said it leaked, but will confirm.

Tis possible the last guy to touch that bolt over torqued it and stretched the thread, so the thread doesn't line up any more, and when you took it out it broke.
If it broke when you were putting it IN you cross threaded it

Were you taking it out or putting it in?
Putting in is when it snapped. I was tightening it and tightening it and it just didn’t get tight at all. None of them did, but one snapped.

View attachment 68487

The remnants…
View attachment 68488
Is there a broken piece still in there.

Sent from the future

Back
Top Bottom