What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 179 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

My son has a similar set up in the basement.
We initially went with the skate-able version but my son didn't really like it after several times. We added more of the regular ones that you cant skate on.

Be prepared to add more. Kids will want a bigger playing surface.
I have more once I get rid of more stuff so far he loves the skate able what didn't your like about it?

Sent from the future

I have more once I get rid of more stuff so far he loves the skate able what didn't your like about it?

Sent from the future
Its not the same feel as on real ice (obviously).
Scratches up the surface a lot and it wear the blades out quicker, needing more frequent sharpening.

Its not the same feel as on real ice (obviously).
Scratches up the surface a lot and it wear the blades out quicker, needing more frequent sharpening.
I knew about the sharpening apparently it is better now than it was he noticed he has to work harder but likes that so far.

Sent from the future

I think we got his for Christmas 2022.

Changed my first tire today! Ok, not motorcycle, but kiddo was happy. The bearings all fell out of the front wheel of our kiddos bicycle. Cheap bike but still annoying since she hasn’t even ridden it enough to get the training wheels off. Got it exactly one year ago but it’s been too big for her so she hasn’t ridden it until this year. No one stocks 14” wheels anywhere. On a whim I emailed Huffy yesterday afternoon as they make the bike and they replied at 4pm asking for more info so I replied back with some photos. No reply as of 1pm today except a FedEx truck showed up with a new front wheel in it. That’s pretty decent customer service imo.
IMG_5483.jpeg

Changed my first tire today! Ok, not motorcycle, but kiddo was happy. The bearings all fell out of the front wheel of our kiddos bicycle. Cheap bike but still annoying since she hasn’t even ridden it enough to get the training wheels off. Got it exactly one year ago but it’s been too big for her so she hasn’t ridden it until this year. No one stocks 14” wheels anywhere. On a whim I emailed Huffy yesterday afternoon as they make the bike and they replied at 4pm asking for more info so I replied back with some photos. No reply as of 1pm today except a FedEx truck showed up with a new front wheel in it. That’s pretty decent customer service imo.
View attachment 68409
That's the difference between buying a Walmart special vs. a good brand name, assuming Huffy is still the company that made the BMX bikes we used to lust after in the 70's.

That's the difference between buying a Walmart special vs. a good brand name, assuming Huffy is still the company that made the BMX bikes we used to lust after in the 70's.
I believe Huffy is a Canadian tire trademark now like Raleigh, diamondback and Redline.

Sent from the future

Last edited:
That's the difference between buying a Walmart special vs. a good brand name
According to this, Walmart was/is Huffy's biggest retailer... and was probably the reason Huffy is no more... other than another trade name for rebranded Giant bicycles of China
IMO Huffy bikes were kinda crap. Giant makes some GREAT bikes, but none of 'em said Huffy on the downtube.

Some work on the Guzzi. Took my sweet time over the last couple days while I'm on vacation. Replaced front pads and cleaned up the calipers, new rear tire, serviced the rear caliper, removed, cleaned, and regreased the splines on the final drive, cleaned and regreased squeaky bearings on the rear shock, and adjusted the valves.

Have I ever mentioned what a treat the Guzzi is to work on? 😅

PXL-20240617-161919396.jpg

PXL-20240618-174619695-MP.jpg

PXL-20240619-201618123.jpg

Very technical work on my VStrom.

Installed some HEED crash bar bags.
MIL brought them over from the motherland.

Bags seem to be made from some waterproof neoprene material with waterproof zippers.

Slap me if I ever complain about my bike being too heavy.
1000026368.jpg1000026367.jpg

Finally installed center stand, and figured out how to get the bike up on it.
Chain maintenance is much easier now! (y)

View attachment 68433
Center stands are mostly technique. Push down on the stand more than pull up on bike.
At the Grand Bend CSBK races I threw my little CD125 on the center stand and a young guy beside me said " I wish mine went up that easy"
I told him it's mostly technique and then quickly popped it onto the stand for him - while his girlfriend watched

Center stands are mostly technique. Push down on the stand more than pull up on bike.
At the Grand Bend CSBK races I threw my little CD125 on the center stand and a young guy beside me said " I wish mine went up that easy"
I told him it's mostly technique and then quickly popped it onto the stand for him - while his girlfriend watched
I install grip tape on the foot pad after an unfortunate incident in the wet. Makes it much more secure while going up.

It also helps if you pull up and back in the side case racks.

Yes.
Having a good pair of boots/shoes on also helps in the feet.
Although I have done it with my flip flops.

Some work on the Guzzi. Took my sweet time over the last couple days while I'm on vacation. Replaced front pads and cleaned up the calipers, new rear tire, serviced the rear caliper, removed, cleaned, and regreased the splines on the final drive, cleaned and regreased squeaky bearings on the rear shock, and adjusted the valves.

Have I ever mentioned what a treat the Guzzi is to work on? 😅

PXL-20240617-161919396.jpg

PXL-20240618-174619695-MP.jpg

PXL-20240619-201618123.jpg
Which tires are you using here?

Back
Top Bottom