What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 176 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Covered rear of the truck cab in sound deadening material and built an amp rack. Have a bit of wiring to clean up and some shorter rca’s ordered but otherwise I’m happy with it.
IMG_5449.jpeg
IMG_5447.jpeg

There's no way that screen will not help take some wind off your chest ... it may just move it to your head but that may be the lesser evil for you.

Glad you got it on.

There's no way that screen will not help take some wind off your chest ... it may just move it to your head but that may be the lesser evil for you.

Glad you got it on.
That's what I'm thinking. Was planning on a ride yesterday, but then rain...so I drove out to @Scuba Steve to drop off his handy dandy ODB scanner that helped me reset the annual service light. And yes...the oil change was done so I'm above board and can confirm that I actually DID the work on the car, fresh oil, clean air filter, cleaned chain...

So...how do you guys clean spoked wheels? I got mocked at the last burger night for 'cleaning' my bike...but the wheels were black. Although I think they're chrome / silver underneath...

That's what I'm thinking. Was planning on a ride yesterday, but then rain...so I drove out to @Scuba Steve to drop off his handy dandy ODB scanner that helped me reset the annual service light. And yes...the oil change was done so I'm above board and can confirm that I actually DID the work on the car, fresh oil, clean air filter, cleaned chain...

So...how do you guys clean spoked wheels? I got mocked at the last burger night for 'cleaning' my bike...but the wheels were black. Although I think they're chrome / silver underneath...
I mix purple SimpleGreen with Shout liquid cleaner and some water (about a 30/30/40 mixture) into a old spray bottle. Cleans with pretty much zero scrubbing.

I got this massive home made steel top work bench in my garage. It was obviously built for a specific purpose, but for what I am unsure.
It must be at least 4 feet tall, 15 feet long and 2 feet wide, with 4x4 legs. Not sure how thick the steel top is...

For me it's difficult to work on and I am thinking of removing it as I have 8 x 1000 pound capacity standard store bought work benches I can use in its place.

Would any of you guys be interested in this monster of a work bench? Not sure I'd have any further use of it...

Otherwise it will be removed and scrapped.

If interested I'm happy to take pictures, if you're will to help me remove it and have a trailer or P/U truck it's your for free.

I got this massive home made steel top work bench in my garage. It was obviously built for a specific purpose, but for what I am unsure.
It must be at least 4 feet tall, 15 feet long and 2 feet wide, with 4x4 legs. Not sure how thick the steel top is...

For me it's difficult to work on and I am thinking of removing it as I have 8 x 1000 pound capacity standard store bought work benches I can use in its place.

Would any of you guys be interested in this monster of a work bench? Not sure I'd have any further use of it...

Otherwise it will be removed and scrapped.

If interested I'm happy to take pictures, if you're will to help me remove it and have a trailer or P/U truck it's your for free.
I'd love one...but my wife would kill me and I'm trying to get RID of stuff...not bring in more.

Maybe I could use it as a temporary shelter in b/w the sheds and gazebo in the back!
Who knows, it's heading to the scrap guy and the burn pit if no one wants it..

Picked up a non running 2011 yamaha kodiak 450 atv. Guy said he was plowing his driveway in the winter and it just died on him. From some quick research looks like yamaha kodiaks have fuel pump problems blowing fuses, though mine looks to be carb version and no fuel pump I cant spot(wires running anywhere near there) He told me to start with the keyed ignition since it's not the original one on it and he think it might be causing problem.

It will turn over if I jump the starter relay with a screwdriver so engine isn't blown.
Strange thing is my ignition fuse is good, but as soon as I turn on the keyed ignition it blows the 30 amp main fuel system fuse within less than a second....I thought I heard something click on quickly, then instantly main 30 amp fuse blown. I get nothing on the dash when the key is in "on" position (even though ignition fuse tests fine)
Any electronic experts? Admittedly I'm not the greatest with electrical systems. Would a short in the wiring harness touching the frame do this? Or should I buy a new keyed ignition from amazon and start there.

I have about $1000-1200 to play with before getting into the territory of having just bought a running one. Figured it was a reasonably safe gamble.

Last edited:
Picked up a non running 2011 yamaha kodiak 450 atv. Guy said he was plowing his driveway in the winter and it just died on him. From some quick research looks like yamaha kodiaks have fuel pump problems blowing fuses, though mine looks to be carb version and no fuel pump I can spot(wires running anywhere near there) He told me to start with the keyed ignition since it's not the original one on it and he think it might be causing problem.

It will turn over if I jump the starter relay with a screwdriver so engine isn't blown.
Strange thing is my ignition fuse is good, but as soon as I turn on the keyed ignition it blows the 30 amp main fuel system fuse within less than a second....I thought I heard something click on quickly, then instantly main 30 amp fuse blown. I get nothing on the dash when the key is in "on" position (even though ignition fuse tests fine)
Any electronic experts? Admittedly I'm not the greatest with electrical systems. Would a short in the wiring harness touching the frame do this? Or should I buy a new keyed ignition from amazon and start there.

I have about $1000-1200 to play with before getting into the territory of having just bought a running one. Figured it was a reasonably safe gamble.
Start by finding a wiring diagram. That makes your life easier.

A carbed system with a 30 amp fuel system fuse means there is a fuel pump (or do you mean main fuse? Again, wiring diagram helps eliminate ambiguity).

Start by finding a wiring diagram. That makes your life easier.

A carbed system with a 30 amp fuel system fuse means there is a fuel pump (or do you mean main fuse? Again, wiring diagram helps eliminate ambiguity).
Meant to say Can't see any wires going to a fuel pump under the gas tank or near it.
I think the 30 amp one must just be a main fuse. Going to look for wiring diagram.

View attachment 68250tried vinyl wrapping my yamaha emblem. it looks ok from a distance but some of the edges aren't clean. Any tips for making clean cuts?
When working with vinyl wraps, the best way to prep for trimming is to have the wrap warm and firmly adhered to whatever you are wrapping. I prefer an X-Acto knife to a razor, you can hold it like a pencil and follow a line fairly accurately.

When you get to thin places, try making a gentle score cut then a penetrating cut -- that prevents the vinyl from 'plowing' in the direction of your cut.

FWIW, your work doesn't look too bad!

OK brain trust, since the issue of wrapping is coming up...I'm looking at options here...

Close Up Panels.JPG

If you can see it...the previous owner decided to 'matte' the chrome bits on the Scrambler. The side tank panels on both sides, and the bezel around the headlight (items in red). It looks garbage, and I think all he used is some type of sandpaper.

The item in blue (sticker) is starting to show it's age and is slowly peeling away.

Thoughts on best way to rectify this without actually replacing it (not cheap). The headlight surround is $50-70 from a guy on Kijiji (brand new), but the tank sides aren't cheap ($400-700 on ebay from what I'm seeing).

I'm considering taking them off, and plastidipping them a different colour. I don't mind the finish...but it just looks...not clean/sharp as I'd like it.

@Relax I need to drop off the cleaning product you lent me last year.

Back
Top Bottom