Wear your gear. And don't cry to mommy. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wear your gear. And don't cry to mommy.

I remember when I got slammed by the left turner. I immediately attempted to get up and punch him in the face. Upon trying to push myself up, I realized my wrist was badly broken, that wasn't gonna work. Tried to get up on the other side, realized quickly that my shoulder was seperated...... * sigh* laid there as everyone screamed for me not to move, personally I didn't make a damn noise out of pain. When the paramedics loaded me up I asked how my bike was they were like " Ahhh.... wha ?.... um.... it's toast... " really ?.... fuuuuuuck.

Pussy was lucky Bambi didnt finish the job and eat him.

in the video, the people helping him didnt see a deer. probably took off laughing.

:sign5: I was thinking more of Bambi too. He's probably waiting in the bushes ready to spring in
front of another rider who doesn't wear gear. :p

:sign5: I was thinking more of Bambi too. He's probably waiting in the bushes ready to spring in
front of another rider who doesn't wear gear. :p

Reminds me of this lol:

[video=youtube;40kPEjZpM8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kPEjZpM8M[/video]

I remember when I got slammed by the left turner. I immediately attempted to get up and punch him in the face.

lmao, two serious vehicle accidents I was in (one riding a bike, one driving my car) where the other drivers were completely at fault (both times drove right in front of me) I felt the EXACT same way as you right after the accident. All I saw was RED and I wanted to beat the person who screwed up my bike/car so badly I couldn't think straight. Those are the two times I can remember that I totally lost control of my anger. One dude had a heart attack which is why he veered head-on into me so I wasn't going to hurt him, and the time on my bike I couldn't stand up afterwards either.

I also had a very low speed accident on my bike once where I was wearing full MX boots and I still broke my leg. If his leg was broken as a result of a twist, I doubt gear would have helped much (except keep the swelling down after it broke ;)

I didn't watch the video but i read all of the posts in the thread. It was interesting doing it that way. i take it that the person was relatively young and hit a deer and was quite traumatized and not thinking straight. i am sure the paramedics/police on this board could tell us some stories of peoples' strange behaviors when they are in shock.
Anyway its good to see most of us have our chit together and are superior to this guy.
I'll watch the vid when i get home.

In the USA, and the guy may not have adequate coverage. On his first inspection, all limbs accounted for... 911 out.
His mother knows his health information, can dispatch help, arrange for ride, etc. Most logical first call, given the situation.
Besides his mom sounds like a 911 dispatcher anyway :)

Definitely did have me laughing though... good find. Hope buddy heals up fine!

Last edited:
Yeah, in the US a broken wrist or ankle can cost thousands. A helicopter ride if necessary by itself will cost the patient around $15,000.

I did not find this video funny at all, probably because I'm a screamer myself, LOL

It was interesting to play the video back just prior to impact to see if was preventable. If he'd braked the instant the deer showed up on the side of road he might've made it (at least greatly reduced the forces involved).

Lesson learned here (besides ATGATT) is to keep two fingers resting on the brake lever at all times...

I do, and have done for years. It lessens your reaction time significantly... think about it... 0.5 to 1 second to move fingers from throttle to brake lever.

How far do you travel at 100km/h in 0.5 seconds? About 14 metres.

Last edited:
Do you have a serious case of arthritis? It takes you up to a second to move your fingers an inch?

My point is that it is wasted time... let's say it takes you just 0.25 seconds, just because you're so awesome (a Speed Demon after all).

So now you've gone 7 metres more than you needed to. Honey, that's half the length of a bus.

Right. Another genius that makes a comment about my username!

Do whatever makes you happy. If that means riding around being paranoid by keeping your fingers on the brakes, so be it. But that is not the "right" thing to do.

Do you honestly thing grabbing a fist full of front brake would have helped avoid the deer in this vid?

No chance dude

Right. Another genius that makes a comment about my username!

Do whatever makes you happy. If that means riding around being paranoid by keeping your fingers on the brakes, so be it. But that is not the "right" thing to do.

Do you honestly thing grabbing a fist full of front brake would have helped avoid the deer in this vid?

No chance dude

You're right. I take everything back. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Lmao... Helllllllp.. Helllllp. Mommy?

Dont think I've cried like that ever since my balls dropped... And I've had my share of crashes and injuries. What a horrible medic I am... Told someone to suck it up today.

What a horrible medic I am... Told someone to suck it up today.

Just because she's "only" 4 years old doesn't mean she should cry like a baby every time her arm gets chopped off by a chainsaw :cool:

Just because she's "only" 4 years old doesn't mean she should cry like a baby every time her arm gets chopped off by a chainsaw :cool:

Naw the guy had 2 small scratches from a thorn bush about an inch and a half long and didn't even make him bleed.

Just showed the video to some colleagues... Apparently we are all messed in the head.. Tears of laughter.

This video is priceless... Did he actually hit the deer or did he just loose control from the scare? The deer seemed pretty small.

This video is priceless... Did he actually hit the deer or did he just loose control from the scare? The deer seemed pretty small.

I don't think any deer is small if you're doing a decent speed on a motorcycle, although I did see a video of a guy on YouTube who managed to keep his bike up after hitting one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAjJ-g0UDw

It looks to me like he hit the deer and the deer was propelled into the ditch (which is why they didn't see it)

One more thing. To the guy in the video: wear some bloody gear, idiot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom