Toronto Police Services Unmarked Vehicles | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto Police Services Unmarked Vehicles

Nice bike but I can't help imagining adding some nice white teeth in that opening.
The first good bicycle helmet I bought had teeth. It's almost 25 years old and still awesome. Each helmet was individually weighed and a person signed off on the QC. I obviously don't use it as a helmet anymore.

95-specialized2056.jpg

Yesterday I was doing running at 130 (speed of traffic) on 11 near Powassan. 4 rice-tuner cars passed me I'm guessing over 160/kmh, a minute later a grey unmarked OPP Charger flew past even faster. 5 minutes down the road he had all 4 pulled over.

I also saw 2 pickups on flatbeds with unmarked cruisers standing by.

Good day for the Powassan tow and impound industry.

The final dunce move was a rider in black and red leathers on a naked Yamaha, maroon probably an MT07/09. Just south of Barrie congested traffic moving at 100 bumper to bumper, he was filtering at 130 or more. Got off at Innisfil Beach Rd, as did I, his ramping skills and duck-walking demo at the lights suggested a novice looking for an early grave.

Yesterday I was doing running at 130 (speed of traffic) on 11 near Powassan. 4 rice-tuner cars passed me I'm guessing over 160/kmh, a minute later a grey unmarked OPP Charger flew past even faster. 5 minutes down the road he had all 4 pulled over.
I never understood why people travelling in a group (cars or bikes) voluntarily pull over together. Maybe it's just me, but it's not like it helps anyone for everyone to get busted. It should be understood that only the last person in line should pull over. If the cop continues chasing the group, then repeat as necessary. Meanwhile, anyone that first pulled over is technically free to go.

I never understood why people travelling in a group (cars or bikes) voluntarily pull over together. Maybe it's just me, but it's not like it helps anyone for everyone to get busted. It should be understood that only the last person in line should pull over. If the cop continues chasing the group, then repeat as necessary. Meanwhile, anyone that first pulled over is technically free to go.
Reminds me of the adage;

If we’re camping and get chased by a bear I don’t have to be faster then the bear, just faster then you.

I'm with you. Plausible deniability. Although, for racing tickets, they often get one and get the rest later so they have a proven history of hunting you down. This is especially applicable if the one that stopped knows the identity or has images of those that kept going. If you were four random people, it's less likely they will get you all and the potential tickets should be unchanged (you aren't running, you thought the cop wanted someone else).

Reminds me of the adage;

If we’re camping and get chased by a bear I don’t have to be faster then the bear, just faster then you.
LOL. Just to be clear, though, I'm usually at the back of group rides, and I'd be perfectly happy if everyone else kept going as I was pulling over. I'd also be shaking my head if they all pulled over with me.

If they have your plates and you don't pull over, or pull over and bolt, what do you think happens next?

Reminds me of the adage;

That's why when you camp with me you'll always find your shoelaces tied together.

If they have your plates and you don't pull over, or pull over and bolt, what do you think happens next?
It depends. If you live in Markham and it happens in Powassan, stay away from Powassan. Odds are not high that they will come and get you hundreds of km's away. If you live in the area, they will come and get you.

LOL. Just to be clear, though, I'm usually at the back of group rides, and I'd be perfectly happy if everyone else kept going as I was pulling over. I'd also be shaking my head if they all pulled over with me.
I did catch a break on a group ride a couple of years back. A northbound OPP caught the group on Radar, stopped, turned around and lit up. The whole group (a responsible bunch) stopped, the copper announced the 3 bikes up front were clocked at 132, she then asked the group which of the 8 bikes were leading. One of the lead riders put up her hand, then everyone put up their hand.

We got a slow-down speech and we were on our way. But the cop did have some fun, she followed the group for an hour at exactly 80km from Gooderham to Buckhorn.

Back
Top Bottom