Toronto Police Services Unmarked Vehicles | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto Police Services Unmarked Vehicles

In my travels today I spotted what looked to be a TPS cruiser up the road ahead, sitting in the curb lane with its flashing lights on.
When I got closer, to my wonderment it was a shiny black Dodge Ram pickup - short box and short cab with no markings.
He had a ratty Toyota sedan pulled over and was engaging in traffic offence related business.
Without the light bars on you'd never have known. Watch out there kids !
What happens if I don't stop for him? I doubt a superior court will charge me with anything for not stopping for a black Dodge RAM truck in the middle of the night. I don't know if that's a cop, it might be a criminal with a kit of red flashing lights, I felt unsafe so I didn't stopped.

I remember earlier this year I was idling at 7 am in this neighborhood in Burlington and this guy in jeans and t-shirt came up to my window barking orders. I told him to move away from my door before I knocked him down. He then said he was a city bylaw enforcement officer and that he could have me arrested for threatening a city official, I then told him he better be the best liar in the world because all I had to say was that he approached me in an aggressive manner without showing ID or saying who he was. He barked orders again, I told him to show something that said who he was or to call the police and I rolled up my window on him.

Last edited:
What happens if I don't stop for him? I doubt a superior court will charge me with anything for not stopping for a black Dodge RAM truck in the middle of the night. I don't know if that's a cop, it might be a criminal with a kit of red flashing lights, I felt unsafe so I didn't stopped.
Then they call for backup and make you stop.

I remember earlier this year I was idling at 7 am in this neighborhood in Burlington and this guy in jeans and t-shirt came up to my window barking orders. I told him to move away from my door before I knocked him down. He then said he was a city bylaw enforcement officer and that he could have me arrested for threatening a city official, I then told him he better be the best liar in the world because all I had to say was that he approached me in an aggressive manner without showing ID or saying who he was. He barked orders again, I told him to show something that said who he was or to call the police and I rolled up my window on him.
Try running from the cops and see how it works for you peggy. There are viable middle grounds that are easily followed. For instance, drive to the nearest police station, call the police and say you think you are being pulled over by a fake cop (at which point they will quickly confirm that it is real), etc. If you just take off, you will get charged and convicted. But feel free to try it and let us know how it turns out.

Surprised nobody mentioned the OPP suburban that monitors the qew.

Haven't seen him lately. It's' a pure civilian vehicle with full alloys. Only the hidden light bars are added.

Very stealthy

I didn't know there were plainclothes by law officers out there. Sneaky bastards...

I rode to Niagara Falls yesterday and was behind and next to a black Ford Edge. It had a bunch of crap on the roof, whcih I assume were cameras and radar, but absolutely no markings. Also had black steelies. Sure enough, uniformed officer at the wheel.

When coming off the Gardiner at the Queensway in etobicoke, a tps cop will be in a grey GMC Yukon and will stand outside with his radar gun and catch lots of people near the water treatment plant across from the Sobeys

I can't believe I am going to say or even admit this. I agree with Pegassus on this. Why shouldn't we be objective and concerned about an unmarked, unusual 'ghost' vehicle?

The police are to serve and protect, not manipulate and fine. If police LE's can use trickery, we should be able to counter with radar detection.

I can't believe I am going to say or even admit this. I agree with Pegassus on this. Why shouldn't we be objective and concerned about an unmarked, unusual 'ghost' vehicle?

The police are to serve and protect, not manipulate and fine. If police LE's can use trickery, we should be able to counter with radar detection.
They will likely just follow you and call a marked unit.

Back
Top Bottom