The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 408 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Not much different then what I already have. Only longer by a foot.

Im guessing this is a decent price
@Jayell can you confirm

View attachment 69856

Check the tires, that might be good for $500 off. I think this one is priced just slightly on the fat side. $9,000 sounds fair to me for a well equipped motorbike. Someone is going to be happy.

50,000 km man. I'd give that guy $4k and half my sandwich, but I'd take all the bacon out of his half first.

C'mon man, you think a bike is worn out at 30,000 miles?? Really? My Guzzi has similar mileage, with plenty left, no trouble.

Check the tires, that might be good for $500 off. I think this one is priced just slightly on the fat side. $9,000 sounds fair to me for a well equipped motorbike. Someone is going to be happy.

C'mon man, you think a bike is worn out at 30,000 miles?? Really? My Guzzi has similar mileage, with plenty left, no trouble.

... I never said worn out. Or anything about worn out. You said that. Maybe you're more concerned about the wear than I am...

As for me, I'm also a Guzzi owner, and I've seen some really terrible resale value on them. Specifically on v85s.

I've also seen really terrible resale value on bikes with that kind of mileage.

So now we have a bike that already suffers from low resale value, at a mileage that also suffers from low resale value, hence my offer of $4k and half a sandwich - no bacon.

... I never said worn out. Or anything about worn out. You said that. Maybe you're more concerned about the wear than I am...

As for me, I'm also a Guzzi owner, and I've seen some really terrible resale value on them. Specifically on v85s.

I've also seen really terrible resale value on bikes with that kind of mileage.

So now we have a bike that already suffers from low resale value, at a mileage that also suffers from low resale value, hence my offer of $4k and half a sandwich - no bacon.

Fair enough. As we know, the market will determine the price. If you were serious about your offer, you'd lose out. The bike will sell for about $9,000, I reckon.

Now please excuse me; I'm going to add some wear and tear and further depreciation to my own Guzzi.

There was a guy who had a 2021 V85 with almost no mileage on sale on marketplace for $10,500 for like 4 months this year.
Hopefully whoever you think will buy it for $9k doesn't see this post or they'll feel stupid.

Point me to a 2020 V85 TT with only 50K km for $4K and I'll buy it.
Same here. I'll even throw in half a sandwich.
I think you guys are mistaking me saying what it's worth to me as what it's worth. And truth I got to say I think it's worth closer what It's Worth to me than what they have a priced at, but that doesn't mean I think it's worth either of those prices.

Alright I’m gonna ask…what is a REASONABLE price for my bike?

2019 Ducati Scrambler with 24k, 1000km to DESMO service.

Decent shape. Not perfect…but it’s a 5 year old bike.

Thinking one last shot for a sale before season end.

Well, there's this 2019 Scambler 1100 with 11,600km in "great condition" for $7000. But that bike seems particularly well priced.

How much are you asking for yours?

Seeing what else is out there in similar year, condition etc. You probably need to be between $6,500-7,000 to get it moved.
And maybe be willing to let it go for $6300.

It is a specific bike where someone wants this type of bike for some specific reason. Not many new riders will be looking for a Scrambler.

I'm probably wrong as I'm sure others have more experience and are better at pricing bikes but that's my opinion.

Well, there's this 2019 Scambler 1100 with 11,600km in "great condition" for $7000. But that bike seems particularly well priced.

How much are you asking for yours?
Mine is currently listed for 8k. Will remove the ad and repost in a week or so.

FWIW. Back in May I went to see this scrambler. It was in pristine condition. I offered $6.5k because I was not 100% sure I wanted a scrambler, but for the price, it wasn't a bad option for when my dad visits. The seller told me it's yours if the next guy doesn't offer full price. The next guy offered the $6.9k

2020 Ducati Scrambler Icon. 1525 K $6950 “Very low mileage. Excellent condition. Lightweight, perfect city bike. “

Scam or not a scam ?

View attachment 67554

FWIW. Back in May I went to see this scrambler. It was in pristine condition. I offered $6.5k because I was not 100% sure I wanted a scrambler, but for the price, it wasn't a bad option for when my dad visits. The seller told me it's yours if the next guy doesn't offer full price. The next guy offered the $6.9k
Was that the small engine or big engine scrambler? A pox on ducati for making it unnecessarily hard to tell. With single front disc, I suspect that's the small engine and MP has the big engine.

Was that the small engine or big engine scrambler? A pox on ducati for making it unnecessarily hard to tell. With single front disc, I suspect that's the small engine and MP has the big engine.
Single disc on the 400 and 800cc variants. Easiest way to tell is the exhaust pipe as 400cc has the single exhaust coming out of the motor.

I was all excited when I went searching originally and @LBV pointed it out to me at the time.

To be honest I actually miss my 2019 in Tangerine orange (same as MP's) ... it was so light & nimble and I was able to take it on dirt roads I've never been able to before or since.

I look online every now & then but I preferred the lower bars it had from the Full Throttle model as well as the cast wheels (someone put spoke wheels on yours MP ... ideally better for off-roading). Having said that I really have no room for a 3rd bike but it's tempting at times.

To be honest I actually miss my 2019 in Tangerine orange (same as MP's) ... it was so light & nimble and I was able to take it on dirt roads I've never been able to before or since.

I look online every now & then but I preferred the lower bars it had from the Full Throttle model as well as the cast wheels (someone put spoke wheels on yours MP ... ideally better for off-roading). Having said that I really have no room for a 3rd bike but it's tempting at times.
Lucky for you I have a Tangerine Orange for sale! With cast wheels in a box (<500km on them), AND a lower bar that's never been used...

Not a fan of the spoked wheels, and if the bike doesn't sell when it's time to replace tires I'll re-install the cast wheels instead of the spoked.

Lucky for you I have a Tangerine Orange for sale! With cast wheels in a box (<500km on them), AND a lower bar that's never been used...

Not a fan of the spoked wheels, and if the bike doesn't sell when it's time to replace tires I'll re-install the cast wheels instead of the spoked.
Don't tempt me :unsure: ... now that you're doing longer runs I can see why you want something more suited to that - the Scrambler is not built for long distance.

Boo on the cast wheels.

I'm a sucker for laced wheels, particularly on a dualsport, ADV or classic.

Back
Top Bottom