The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 319 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I made an offer on a 09 gs500 in sudbury (130kms). asked 2500, offered 1200, was about a week ago. no go so far. the bike is quite mint. low kms I owned a gs500 before. was a good beater bike. but the 09 looks a little ..dated. I liked my 89 w/o a fairing better.

anyhow, I offered up 1200, but as expected - a no go. but its still up for sale. n650up of tea but for 1200 I would take it.
offered up 1400 no go. maybe thats a good thing. might consider a gen1 SV 650 depending on price / cond.
not really interested in a fuel injected sv650
CB1 400 would be cool..as would a zephyr 550 maybe..seca 2 600 maybe.. bandit 400..

nice to have a clean slate and not being in a rush to buy

250 dualsports are crazy pricing...ditto DR400s

I really like the ninja 300 but the pricing on them is locco - even for lightly rashed examples their overpriced

going to contact insur on monday and get some quotes - if the bandit 1200 is cheap enough I might go that route. wonder what insur would say for an F4 600? seem to be plenty of bigger bikes priced even cheaper than the 250/300 little bikes! wtf lol

if anyone spots something interesting please lmk - in N.bay area

I asked what is the minimum allowed. He said nothing and i can say anything so i said "200?" he accept and so was surprised to see how the figure changed dramatically. He's giggling.

I hope you realize that if you need to make a claim after those first 200 km's, your insurer has the right to deny you? Maybe not such a big deal if it's just a single-vehicle accident and you just have to cover your own repairs, but much more an issue if someone else is involved and you need liability coverage.

thoughts?

Not branded could still be bought from the salvage auction and put back on the road. Try to get more info. I was looking for used '06 bike few years back, the guy said it was dropped, cosmetic damage. I phoned up previous owner from the UVIP package. The guy owned small salvage yard, asked for vin, looked it up - almost $7,000 damage on the insurance claim ( it was around 10 grand brand new in '06).

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

^ I think the tail of bike is pushed over. or not. was kind of waiting for more eyebrow raisers ..

too long a drive for me

edit - gone

Last edited:
Not branded could still be bought from the salvage auction and put back on the road. Try to get more info. I was looking for used '06 bike few years back, the guy said it was dropped, cosmetic damage. I phoned up previous owner from the UVIP package. The guy owned small salvage yard, asked for vin, looked it up - almost $7,000 damage on the insurance claim ( it was around 10 grand brand new in '06).

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

My 2015 dl650 was $9800 estimate Fixed for $1200

2007 ninja 500 $1800 Not my colour choice

247750161_3495812053877294_7873340878830859930_n.jpg

yes i have thought about it. Not really planning to put a lot of miles. Wanted to keep this a low as possible. Might either resell or trade it in the future or keep it as a treasure. I'm not young and just wanted to experience this kind of engineering. Likely to move to EBike when it gets matured.
I hope you realize that if you need to make a claim after those first 200 km's, your insurer has the right to deny you? Maybe not such a big deal if it's just a single-vehicle accident and you just have to cover your own repairs, but much more an issue if someone else is involved and you need liability coverage.

1649178255341.png

Been sitting on this one for a few days, but I think it's too much bike for me

Hopefully someone here can jump on this
Looks like a well polished garage queen - level the headers under the fairing are gleeming! Not a lot of miles for an 9 year old bike.

If I wasn't happy with my FJR I'd probably own one of these, they are as close to an FJR as it comes in performance and dependability -- at about 1/2 the cost.

The downside: a smallish tank -- 19l puts it at a safe range of 300km (vs 400 for most large STs). and resale value on the Bandit series is painful. Some folks don't like chains.

Been sitting on this one for a few days, but I think it's too much bike for me

Hopefully someone here can jump on this
Just buy it.
Its a bit porky, but not crazy power.

Torque for days.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

This was a damn good deal, but it sold within 3 hours. Messaged the guy and he never even got back to me about where to come see it. Assuming someone was already lined up. Awful colour but that isn't the end of the world.

View attachment 54303

I might know who’s bike that is.
Tony used to be a member on here as I met him at a GTAM KW meet and greet at Pioneer Sportsworld a million years ago.
He was working at Apex last I saw him...

This was a damn good deal, but it sold within 3 hours. Messaged the guy and he never even got back to me about where to come see it. Assuming someone was already lined up. Awful colour but that isn't the end of the world.

View attachment 54303
the rear fairing is off, as is the color of the frame
1649210452564.png
:unsure:

Last edited:
Seems like an unnecessary risk, surprised your broker is just okay with that and has no concern for the potential issues.
The broker doesn’t have to eat the loss when the insurer bails on the policy due to misrepresentation.

Back
Top Bottom