The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread | Page 35 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread

Croc on the ground at the scene, so..........

Flamborough is a gong show. Roving packs of kids on CRFs, KTMs, ATVs etc. Came up to Center Rd. on 7th Concession to see one on a CRF flat out down the shoulder on Center passing cars in the live lane with a Hammer PD car lit up and chasing him. It was amusing.

Last edited:
500 twin in Waterloo. Maybe a Kawi. I've seen it many times this year. No plate, no lights whatsoever. Runs reds, stop signs always filters to the front. How has this one never been caught?

500 twin in Waterloo. Maybe a Kawi. I've seen it many times this year. No plate, no lights whatsoever. Runs reds, stop signs always filters to the front. How has this one never been caught?
Apathy? No chase policy? Rider is a cop?

51 unplated bikes identified. Many riders charged. Only five bikes towed.

"While some motorcyclists were let off with a warning"
Why were they let off - buried plates but still almost legible ?

"While some motorcyclists were let off with a warning"
Why were they let off - buried plates but still almost legible ?
My guess is either insufficient evidence (eg. they came to their house to confront them) or more likely fixit warnings for buried plates. At that point they have your name, address, vehicle description and probably lots of pictures of your bike so continuing to drive with the plate obstructed will probably end poorly as I would expect/hope that the next stop would include a tow truck.

Last edited:
What is the correlation between safety and no plates? Do majority of motorcyclists involved in accidents have no plates?

What is the correlation between safety and no plates? Do majority of motorcyclists involved in accidents have no plates?
I would be surprised if it was the majority. I also suspect that no plate bikes are statistically vastly overrepresented in crashes. Making up numbers, I wouldnt be surprised if the 1% of bikes with no plates accounted for 10% of crashes and 30% of the bad behaviour that makes the public hate bikes.

Back
Top Bottom