Speed camera threshold? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speed camera threshold?

Not sure….but 20 over is about a $200 ticket. Sister found out the hard way last week.

In theory if you go fast enough the camera may not snap the pic.

yep. i got dinged for $200+ going 64 on parkside (40km zone). total ******** as i was just going the speed of the traffic around me. now all i do is slow down at where the camera is and speed up again when im passed it. meh.

i LIVE near the area and its hilarious what some people in the neighbourhood facebooks groups say. someone said they're literally afraid of crossing parkside even at a light and will refuse to do it at all anymore. i've lived in this area for 10+ years and go to high park with our dog all of the time. zero issues crossing the street at a light. the delusional fear is real.

doesnt help that its mostly rich people on parkside and im sure thats why they got their very own special camera for them.

all the speed camera location is readily available on torontos site but im trying to figure out a way to have the data show up on a usable google maps on my phone and have it automatically updated when the camera locations change.

i thought i could use googles data studio which *can* automatically keep a google map updated on its own, but theres no way to pull that into the actual IOS google maps app.

waze has the camera locations (not sure how up to date it stays) but i rarely use waze tbh.

so far i can just extract the provided csv and separate the 'active' and 'planned' cameras for now. and then manually re-import the csv every once in a while but theres gotta be an automated way to do it.

I know a guy with a radar / ladar jammer on his BMW. Illegal? Yes Amusing? Yes.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

But he said that since Mississauga’s automated speed enforcement devices became active in the summer of 2021 he has heard from “quite a few people” who have been ticketed for “doing 36 kilometres and hour in a 30 zone at 11 o clock at night” or something similar.

My neighbors were asking me if I'd support "traffic calming" measures on my street (it leads to a park and lots of morons speed). I told them I would, as long as it wasn't speed cameras, but to be careful what they wished for because we might be trading one thing for another. Next thing you know, there are two new stop signs erected 50 m apart at the intersections to either side of my house. My one neighbor who lives at one of the intersections is ******, because the speeders are still speeding up to the stop, but now drag launching from there to the next, and so on. Coming home late at night with my Termi's and dry clutch, I used to kill the motor at the beginning of the street and coast onto my driveway, but now I have to keep it running to make the stop. Oh well. They can't say I didn't warn them...

Camera's can't negotiate. A policeman neighbour told me any thing over the set speed limit is speeding to the camera. AI will rule the world one day and we will be its slaves, according to Elon Musk.

My neighbors were asking me if I'd support "traffic calming" measures on my street (it leads to a park and lots of morons speed). I told them I would, as long as it wasn't speed cameras, but to be careful what they wished for because we might be trading one thing for another. Next thing you know, there are two new stop signs erected 50 m apart at the intersections to either side of my house. My one neighbor who lives at one of the intersections is ******, because the speeders are still speeding up to the stop, but now drag launching from there to the next, and so on. Coming home late at night with my Termi's and dry clutch, I used to kill the motor at the beginning of the street and coast onto my driveway, but now I have to keep it running to make the stop. Oh well. They can't say I didn't warn them...
I would love me some speed bumps on my street. Too many asshats driving like idiots and using our street as a test ground for their modifications to their car….one guy was doing a minimum of 100 on a street.

But he never understood the ‘don’t poo where you eat’ saying because he lived 2 doors away on the next street. Emailed the cops, they called, and then paid him a visit.

He took off his identifying stickers from the rear window the next weekend.

all the speed camera location is readily available on torontos site but im trying to figure out a way to have the data show up on a usable google maps on my phone and have it automatically updated when the camera locations change.

i thought i could use googles data studio which *can* automatically keep a google map updated on its own, but theres no way to pull that into the actual IOS google maps app.

waze has the camera locations (not sure how up to date it stays) but i rarely use waze tbh.

so far i can just extract the provided csv and separate the 'active' and 'planned' cameras for now. and then manually re-import the csv every once in a while but theres gotta be an automated way to do it.

Just use Waze, they are already on Waze. Much easier than trying to figure out how to get all the coordinates on Google Maps. Also tell you where speed traps are, police reported ahead, etc.

I would love me some speed bumps on my street. Too many asshats driving like idiots and using our street as a test ground for their modifications to their car….one guy was doing a minimum of 100 on a street.

But he never understood the ‘don’t poo where you eat’ saying because he lived 2 doors away on the next street. Emailed the cops, they called, and then paid him a visit.

He took off his identifying stickers from the rear window the next weekend.
Parent's area asked for a stop sign on a specific street, due to a performance car repair being at the end of the cul de sac.
City sent an engineer out, and then put a stop sign at the intersecting street, and multiple speed bumps along the street where the stop sign was wanted. Original bumps were too high, so they had to remove and reinstall them a over a couple of years. When you stop at the stop sign, you block any traffic on the intersecting street from proceeding down your street due to the parking situation, so you can't really stop if someone is coming the other way. This is one of the reasons that I don't have trust for civil engineers. If you have one job . . .

It's worth questioning the accuracy and overall reliability of these automated speed cameras as a priority when the city apparently raked in $34 million dollars over a 2-year period from 2020 - 2022. Clearly a cash cow for a city that's desperately cash-strapped. Is it any wonder Tory announced the addition of 25 new cameras with plans for 150 in the near future.

But interestingly a Toronto man recently fought one of these ASE tickets and had the fine dismissed based in part on the prosecution's inability to provide evidence confirming when the speed camera in question had been tested, though you can easily find these so-called certificates of accuracy on the city’s website.

It's funny, more of these cameras are apparently being vandalized across the city. I wonder why.

Just use Waze, they are already on Waze. Much easier than trying to figure out how to get all the coordinates on Google Maps. Also tell you where speed traps are, police reported ahead, etc.

oddly enough, i just noticed the speed cameras are now on google maps as well! no idea how often they get updated or maybe it just takes it directly from waze, which google owns anyway.

qG8WHXi.jpg

The punchline to the speed camera and red light camera joke is that the devices get placed where they are the cheapest/easiest to install rather than where traffic studies suggest that they should be.
Can be summed up by you get what you get when hiring a third party to collect taxes.

Back
Top Bottom