Scarborough shooting | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough shooting

I think you would have stopped sooner if you think of the audience on this forum "Yo kool gixxer bro."

That's not what I think of this forum. I started to post and decided I didn't want to write a novel.

OK, not trying to start a massive arguement here but for debate and opinion!

In light of the events to what the Toronto police chief called "the worst in Toronto's history"

Looking at the big picture, what is the problem here? Handguns still indeed have to be registered, a pending bullet ban I dont think would have made a difference, then the media sensationalize's the crap out of it. Politician's seem to only seek a band aid solution for a problem that doesnt go away

So what is the solution here?

How about enforcing laws already in efffect. There has been a handgun registry since 1943 I believe. A registry will not stop the criminals. This was a shooting in a housing project that was having a block party with a DJ and free booze on a Monday night. Not sure about where you live, but most people party on a Friday or weekend because they have to go to work during the week. There are bylaws that limit noise after 11:00pm. There are also bylaws restricting the consumption of alcohol on the street.

Why were these not enforced?

Do the people attending the party not work?

Why would people bring infants and young kids at such a late hour to such a party in a known troubled area?

Why do judges let individuals out of jail sentences for serious crimes, only to have them back out on the street commiting more of them?

Why do we allow immigration from certain parts of the world knowing that individuals have been taught from a young age how to use a gun and violence is the only answer?

There is no one solution to stopping things like this from happening.

How about enforcing laws already in efffect. There has been a handgun registry since 1943 I believe. A registry will not stop the criminals. This was a shooting in a housing project that was having a block party with a DJ and free booze on a Monday night. Not sure about where you live, but most people party on a Friday or weekend because they have to go to work during the week. There are bylaws that limit noise after 11:00pm. There are also bylaws restricting the consumption of alcohol on the street.

Why were these not enforced?

Do the people attending the party not work?

Why would people bring infants and young kids at such a late hour to such a party in a known troubled area?

Why do judges let individuals out of jail sentences for serious crimes, only to have them back out on the street commiting more of them?

Why do we allow immigration from certain parts of the world knowing that individuals have been taught from a young age how to use a gun and violence is the only answer?

There is no one solution to stopping things like this from happening.

I'm sure most of the ppl there were born here considering they are under 20. What part of the world are you from?????

They should get all the priests and hockey coaches and cut their kawks off cause they rape little boys.

Noise limit was a non issue as the situation was said to have taken place at 10:40. Danzig is a relatively quiet neighbourhood and this incident is totally out of the ordinary. I have plenty of friends in the neighbourhood and I can tell you it is not a "black" community, and for somoeone's stupid idea to offer free booze at a community gathering (Someone actually told people there would be free cognac cuz people were reported to have come from as far as london for this event, which in itself should have raised red flags for TPS as I believe we're not permitted to distribute free booze like that, and uniformed officers had twice attended the scene earlier for noise complaints and found no issue) I have no idea how to even start with that clusterf**k of an idea. Was nice to see the mayor there tho, he usually only sees scarborough thru a very powerful telescope on top of city hall.

not too far from my place, i rode through that area last night, albeit, not past the party itself...so the building near me had that meth lab bust a few weeks back, grow ops in the other buildings and now more shooting, i had no idea scarborough had so much culture...

Okay, who is surprised that a shooting happened at a Morningside and Lawrence block party? Definitely the place to be if you are looking to get shot!

Okay, who is surprised that a shooting happened at a Morningside and Lawrence block party? Definitely the place to be if you are looking to get shot!

it's like going to a gun range to practice for the upcoming "Caribana" finals.

The one and only solution for breaking the chain is with the parents. Sweet jobs, banning guns, hiring cops, sports etc. will do nothing without the parents putting in the effort. Has nothing to do with race or anything else, just parenting.

The one and only solution for breaking the chain is with the parents. Sweet jobs, banning guns, hiring cops, sports etc. will do nothing without the parents putting in the effort. Has nothing to do with race or anything else, just parenting.

One problem is that people have to work longer hours in order to make ends meet, which leaves less time for the kids. It's not the 70's when a family could live decently on a single income. It's in human nature to reproduce, so many will have children anyway even when they don't have the time/money to raise them properly and that will create a US-style society within a couple of decades.

not too far from my place, i rode through that area last night, albeit, not past the party itself...so the building near me had that meth lab bust a few weeks back, grow ops in the other buildings and now more shooting, i had no idea scarborough had so much culture...
Dude are u referring to this meth lab?http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/07/02/toronto-scarborough-meth-lab.html This was in one of the brand new condos outside of town centre, not in metro housing, and just goes to show that these problems arent just an issue of location. Grow ops are all over the city and not just a problem for scarborough. The city doesnt want to catch grow ops, otherwise they would have a thermal camera setup on a chopper like Durham and be on constant watch for excessive heat plumes. They busted a house not far from me that was growing dope in every room, nobody even resided in the house and it was top to bottom grow op, they busted three vietnamese guys from markham for that one.

They just named the deceased, one wasnt from that neighbourhood Im not sure about the other. RIP gone too soon.......
Toronto police have identified the adult man and the teenage girl who were fatally shot during a block party shooting in Scarborough on Monday night that left 23 others wounded.
Det. Sgt. Graham Gibson of the homicide squad identified the deceased during a news conference on Tuesday afternoon as 23-year-old Joshua Yasay, 23, of Ajax, Ont., and Shyanne Charles, 14, of Toronto.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

The power of social media.

When they're stupid enough to post threats and locations on a service like Twitter, it's a matter of time before it comes back on them.

Now, if the police were able to use this to gain leads, etc.....

One problem is that people have to work longer hours in order to make ends meet, which leaves less time for the kids. It's not the 70's when a family could live decently on a single income. It's in human nature to reproduce, so many will have children anyway even when they don't have the time/money to raise them properly and that will create a US-style society within a couple of decades.

Centuries of anger about being opressed added to slavery practices that destroyed family values will not be easy to fix. Add in the money factor as well. Money for the zealot leaders of every type and the money made by the companies that push consumerism to the point that people care more about what they wear than what they have done to make the world a better place.
Advertizing is mostly about brain washing people into thinking they are more important because of what they wear, what they drive, where they are seen. Stop that and the west goes bankrupt. Goodbye pension plan.
Put a 100% tax on advertizing with the money going to anti brain washing might work except we don't have enough unbrainwashed people to run the programs.

batmanwallpaper.jpg

Agreed. We should also change the city's name to Gotham.

Back
Top Bottom