QC to tax antivaxxers | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

QC to tax antivaxxers

I agree although I am with brian, o'toole and many of the cons are being idiots. I'm not sure we have a suitable replacement government. I still think we would do ok of we vacated parliament and the senate and let civil servants run things for four years. Show the elected morons that the consequence for doing a piss poor job is mass unemployment. Or hire jacinda adern for one day a week. She can have 1M a year. That's far better value for money than sockboy.
I see fiscal responsibility as the key challenge for the future. I'm not worried about my gen or boomers, it's the Y and Millenials money that's being spent now -- every billion JT lights on fire, every dollar of home price he causes to increase, every dollar inflation he generates with printed money goes on their tab.

Instead of investing time into learning about social justice and wokeness, perhaps the in-power generation should spend time learning about civics and economics.

I see fiscal responsibility as the key challenge for the future. I'm not worried about my gen or boomers, it's the Y and Millenials money that's being spent now -- every billion JT lights on fire, every dollar of home price he causes to increase, every dollar inflation he generates with printed money goes on their tab.

Instead of investing time into learning about social justice and wokeness, perhaps the in-power generation should spend time learning about civics and economics.
Let's start with this one

So now people going there don't want to be mistaken for anti-vaxxers. (taken from good ol' jewel of reporting, Insauga comment section)

Oh well.. Too bad I have to work, id be curious to see what the actual number of trucks looks like. I'm not anti vaxx I'm pro truck count. 😂😂😂
Screenshot_20220126-171112_Facebook.jpg

This has been an anti mandate protest all along. you're going to let one poorly written news article with a catchy headline cloud your view on it?

Lets be realistic.

This is a "anti-things-we-just-don't-like" protest depending on what truck you stick your head into. There is no consensus anymore aside from "we're tired of this **** because we don't like it!".

For some, it's mandates. For many participating, it's vaccines. For many, it's masks. For others, it's US laws...for some confusing reason thinking that our government can somehow change those. And for a lot of them it's "Everything". The number of people who are screaming "we need to just DROP EVERYTHING!!!" is amazing - they just want us to stop everything. Masks, vaccines, vaccination mandates, vaxxine passports, border laws, travel restrictions and mandates (again, somehow our actions here are supposed to change the laws and decisions of international companies and foreign countries as well), the whole gamut.

"Freedumb".

Last edited:
So now people going there don't want to be mistaken for anti-vaxxers. (taken from good ol' jewel of reporting, Insauga comment section)

Oh well.. Too bad I have to work, id be curious to see what the actual number of trucks looks like. I'm not anti vaxx I'm pro truck count. 😂😂😂
View attachment 53099

Sounds suspiciously like someone said “stop talking about vaccines, it makes us look like idiots, say it’s about freedom, people will believe us then”.

* Mad mike has joined the convoy *
😆
Yup. Going out to the garage now, just downloaded instructions to setup the Cummins for coal rolling.

Can someone loan me a Harley to decorate the Bed?

This has been an anti mandate protest all along. you're going to let one poorly written news article with a catchy headline cloud your view on it?
Not clouded, i know what it's about. I know and talk to people who are part of the "suppliers for them".
I know that the message to "be respectful and not cause ****" constantly gets repeated. But who knows what'll happen in ottawa.

That group wants "freedom of choice" and for mandates and measures to be ended. They encompass a lot of different groups of people. And in the end, they still don't represent the majority of the population. We can play on words regarding "what they are" anti-this, anti-that. And sure the government has had iffy approaches with certain measures at best. But i feel like their demands will not be met as they'll be deemed unreasonable not just from the government but by the majority of the population.

Even if they were to get the fabled 500k people in Ottawa. And even if they said they each represented 4 of their family members for each person present there, that would still be representing about 5% of the population. And everything isn't black and white. A lot of people are vaccinated but think measures should be relaxed...but not necessarily removed. Some others might believe measures are okay but no more lockdowns. But to ask to remove them completely when there's still a threat for our healthcare system to fully collapse (at least more than the past years where it was overloaded) seems a bit unreasonable don't you think?

And in the end, they still don't represent the majority of the population.

Don't tell them that. They see a few people on the side of the road cheering them on and some people on bridges holding up signs and they legitimately think the huge majority of the population agrees with them.

That's what happens when you're in an echo chamber.

Those dummies should all be running these plates during their clown show, for added flair.

1643240777188.jpeg

This is what’s happening here.

Clever if you read it, only tractor trailers allowed through and they know most on the convoy are private passenger vehicles. So basically….FU.
Also a great spot for an aerial shot so we can get an accurate number of participants. So much propaganda but a bunch of 20 second clips of the same 10 trucks doesnt prove you have 50,000 trucks participating.

If the number of trucks is actually large, I could see ottawa going the other way and closing the city to trucks without a way bill. Park them on the outskirts and allow participants to be bussed in the parliament hill to protest. All of the yelling without the dangerous gridlock (and a lower risk of epic stupidity as each participant has a small backpack instead of a vehicle to hide implements of stupidity).

Also a great spot for an aerial shot so we can get an accurate number of participants. So much propaganda but a bunch of 20 second clips of the same 10 trucks doesnt prove you have 50,000 trucks participating.

If the number of trucks is actually large, I could see ottawa going the other way and closing the city to trucks without a way bill. Park them on the outskirts and allow participants to be bussed in the parliament hill to protest. All of the yelling without the dangerous gridlock (and a lower risk of epic stupidity as each participant has a small backpack instead of a vehicle to hide implements of stupidity).

Hadn't thought of that. We have a few other exits too though that would also give access to downtown. Wonder why they aren’t controlling those. Most people in the city seem to not want these clowns anywhere near us though.

Well then. Gardiners Road is called that south of 401 and Highway 38 north of 401, it's the same road and the same junction. The closure is from the first road north of the 401 junction to about 1.2 km south, and they're being directed to parking lots "east" of Gardiners Road. So ... What's there?
There's a Motel 6.
There's a Quality Inn.
There's a truck parking area near those hotels that's maybe 50 m x 100 m.
There's a PetroCanada truck stop with a total size I'd estimate from scaling Google Maps to be about 150 m x 150 m.
There's an Esso truck stop with a Tim Horton's, parking lot is an odd shape but I'd say roughly the same size available for parking.
There's the Invista Centre and original Hockey Hall of Fame with a good-sized parking lot but it appears to mostly be laid out for car parking, perhaps 50 m x 200 m would be easily accessible for transport parking.
It is an industrial/commercial area with private businesses and numerous other smaller parking lots. I wouldn't count on all of those businesses making their parking lots available. I'd count on at least some of them telling the truckers involved in the protest to get lost. "No trespassing."

How many big-rigs is there space for? Probably a couple hundred.

Well then. Gardiners Road is called that south of 401 and Highway 38 north of 401, it's the same road and the same junction. The closure is from the first road north of the 401 junction to about 1.2 km south, and they're being directed to parking lots "east" of Gardiners Road. So ... What's there?
There's a Motel 6.
There's a Quality Inn.
There's a truck parking area near those hotels that's maybe 50 m x 100 m.
There's a PetroCanada truck stop with a total size I'd estimate from scaling Google Maps to be about 150 m x 150 m.
There's an Esso truck stop with a Tim Horton's, parking lot is an odd shape but I'd say roughly the same size available for parking.
There's the Invista Centre and original Hockey Hall of Fame with a good-sized parking lot but it appears to mostly be laid out for car parking, perhaps 50 m x 200 m would be easily accessible for transport parking.
It is an industrial/commercial area with private businesses and numerous other smaller parking lots. I wouldn't count on all of those businesses making their parking lots available. I'd count on at least some of them telling the truckers involved in the protest to get lost. "No trespassing."

How many big-rigs is there space for? Probably a couple hundred.

I think they are not letting them anywhere near the Invista centre as that would be the largest parking lot and there’s another post from Kingston transit stating that route isn’t going to be serviced. It’s going to be interesting.

I think they are not letting them anywhere near the Invista centre as that would be the largest parking lot and there’s another post from Kingston transit stating that route isn’t going to be serviced. It’s going to be interesting.

Re-read their release... it says the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom