Olds Cool... Post-up Pics of your 10 year or older bike! | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Olds Cool... Post-up Pics of your 10 year or older bike!

This is my 39 year old bike, it took me 1 1/2 years to get it to this point.

paint2.jpg
paint3.jpg
paint4.jpg

Outstanding work! How's she ride?

Thanks for the pictures "Triple" Vincent has always been one of my favorites. Gorgeous bike and a beautiful sound.

Without question, one of the most coveted motorcycles on the planet amongst collectors, especially the Vincent "Black Shadow".

Thanks Triple and Shortstop!

So far she rides like a dream...I had her up to 80mph yesterday on a back road and absolutely steady as a rock.
I've been inching up towards the ton, but I want to take it easy until I'm sure everything is just right.

The timing and carbs seem to be fully dialed in. Idles perfect, there are no flat spots in the throttle and the bike has more balls than I do. She just wants to go go go when you twist the throttle.

I get a lot of nods from both the sportbike and Harley crowd, it seems like a vintage bike is a "bridge" between the two cultures.
Everyone who sees her smiles and nods...

Spiider; I like your analogy... vintage bikes, particularly the Honda 750 four and Kawi Z1, really are well accepted by both camps. Nobody can deny the roots of the modern superbike, and why Harley had to up the ante in order to survive against Japanese innovation and quality.

Last edited:
Without question, one of the most coveted motorcycles on the planet amongst collectors, especially the Vincent "Black Shadow".

"Well," he said, "as your attorney I advise you to buy a motorcycle. How else can you cover a thing like this righteously?"
"No way," I said. "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?"
"Whats that?"
"A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."
"That sounds about right for this gig," he said.
"It is," I assured him. "The ****er's not much for turning, but it's pure hell on the straightaway. It'll outrun the F-111 until takeoff."
"Takeoff?" he said. "Can we handle that much torque?"
"Absolutely," I said. "I'll call New York for some cash."

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream (1970)

[At the Polo Lounge in Beverly Hills, planning to cover the Mint 400 Desert Race in Las Vegas]

Nice little twin HondaPilot. I really miss my 1975 Honda CB500T. In fact, I owned two:

#1 CB500T (I was about 17 or 18 in the photo):
3459612306_6133cb54df_o.jpg

#2 CB500T (taken in 1995 or 1996, I was 25)
2659531509_60f783fb24_b.jpg

Last edited:
Mine's currently in pieces, but should be on the road next year - '86 Yamaha SRX-6.

They have an article on these in March issue of Classic Bike. I got my copy at World's Biggest Book Store last week. Should be able to get it at chapter's. Might give you some inspiration to get it back together.

Anybody interested in a "Olds Cool" meet and greet?

I was thinking of a Saturday when the weather warms a bit, in Port Dover.

Nothing complicated, just set a date and see who comes. Groups can organize their own rides down depending on their location.

If I get more favourable responses, I'll plan it. I go just for a hotdog at the Arbor restaurant.

great thread! I love seeing how well maintained some of these old bikes are so i thought i'd add mine to the mix...she's 10 years young and my love affair with her grows every time i go for a ride!

Attachments

• Toronto-20120416-00121.jpg
    Toronto-20120416-00121.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 31
100_1075.jpg

My '78SS, sadly sold it a couple years back.

Most of my bikes fall into the 10+ year category.

100_1080.jpg

My '00 929

DSCF1263.jpg

My '98 Superhawk projects

Zephyr is 20 years old. ~50,000Km, never dropped and still looking gorgeous (sold it to a friend of mine in 2005).

Zephyr550.jpg

2002 "Suzy B" is my ride since 2005. Currently 140,000Km on the odo and no signs of giving up:

IMG_6958.JPG

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7627.JPG

100_8482.jpg

Picture%2520950.jpg

Back
Top Bottom