Olds Cool... Post-up Pics of your 10 year or older bike! | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Olds Cool... Post-up Pics of your 10 year or older bike!

Don't want to scare you, but I remember that bike had pretty bad rep for propensity to drop out of gear and/or brake con rods. By all means do some research and connect to other owners/boards to find out what the problems were and how to prevent them from occurring.

Actually the 83 CB 1100F had the reputation for tossing rods (number 3 to be exact) if revved excessively beyond red line and the 81 900F had the problem with popping out of gear (fixable)

The examples shown in this thread so far (silver one included) are 1982 900Fs. They are rock solid :)

You are the 3rd person to tell me NOT to sell that bike. To be honest with you, I payed $700 for the bike (It was in pretty bad condition) I put about $600 worth of mechanics time into it, then some parts (missing mirrors ETC) so at this point I am not sure how much I could sell it for and make a profit... It seems to be a little high on maintenance, I've got to stick brand new fork springs, oil and seals on it now but I think at that point it is going to ride almost like brand new... (BTW how do you add springs into the forks on this thing??)

I am still looking to meet other CB900/CB1100 owners who are in the area who can help familiarize me with some of its regular maintenance needs... This bike is a far cry from my 2008 M109R in almost every way, something new for me.

Get your mechanic to throw in some Progressive springs, that will do the trick...

http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet/the-233823/HONDA-CB900F-fork-springs/Detail

Here's my 2000 ZRX1100....

ABCShowJonsbikecropped.jpg

My yzf750 '96

Nice photo & bike! Acording to the ZRXOA site...the green ones are faster!
What did you replace it with?

She's a beauty. Just curious to know, how long do you typically get out of a rear tire? :)

Thanks! I don't know about tire life yet. I purchased it late last October (after not riding for 26 yrs.). I put Pilot 3's on last week so I'll find out this summer as I take it to BC and Calif..

Fist post, hopefully this works. It's my 77 Honda CJ360T that I bought last fall. Over the winter I rebuilt some stuff (not the engine though) and painted it white. I was going to do some more work but it got warm sooner than I thought and it was killing me to have it in pieces in my garage. Still runs great, and starts on the first kick if it is warm out.
77_CJ360T.jpg

Welcome. Nice CJ.

^^ That's a sweet looking bike. I'd just wrap the midpipe as well and it's good aesthetics-wise. On another note, I wish my Bandit had a kick starter. I would use the electric start only when I'm very tired. I don't know if it's even plausible on an engine of that size...

Thanks Marc Duc.

If I could afford it, I'd have a 1098 streetfighter to go with it, but not in the budget right now. I test rode one at Peninsula 2 years ago and have been in lust ever since.

Back
Top Bottom