Now that was slick. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Now that was slick.

The fact that they detonated them w/o ever knowing where the people were so innocent bystanders could be killed was really cool too eh.

The fact that they detonated them w/o ever knowing where the people were so innocent bystanders could be killed was really cool too eh.
War is awful. Innocent people get hurt and killed. I was impressed that Israel managed to relatively specifically target hezbollah two different ways. That's much better imo than a bomb into a hospital that has hezbolah offices in the basement.

They can dish it out but can't take it? Ask the Israeli people on the Lebanese boarder who've been attacked daily since last October.

Eventually the nerd who gets picked on swings back at the bully.

Eventually the nerd who gets picked on swings back at the bully.
So if the nerd swings at the bully's baby sister it's ok because he was picked on. Tell me how this analogy is wrong.

So if the nerd swings at the bully's baby sister it's ok because he was picked on. Tell me how this analogy is wrong.
if the bully's baby sister is the one swinging now, yes.

But by definition innocent bystanders arn't swinging are they.
oh i see, i thought there was some subtle connection to Iran in there.

I concur with @GreyGhost; War sucks and 'collateral damage' is inevitable.

War is awful. Innocent people get hurt and killed. I was impressed that Israel managed to relatively specifically target hezbollah two different ways. That's much better imo than a bomb into a hospital that has hezbolah offices in the basement.

You’d have a great point if Israel hadn’t actually been doing that too with nearly every hospital that isn’t theirs.

Well, not many people would read stories about the French resistance and cheer on the Germans in that scenario for instance.
Ok?

You’d have a great point if Israel hadn’t actually been doing that too with nearly every hospital that isn’t theirs.
Back to war sucks. Hezbollah hides in hospitals as it makes great pr when the hospital gets hit. Whose fault are the casualties? Israel for collateral damage while attacking enemy combatants or hezbollah for surrounding themselves with innocents?

To be clear, I am not just picking on hezbollah here. If they were striking out, I would expect Israel to do similar things to endanger civilians. War sucks. Those in charge want to win and don't care who gets hurt along the way. When you have limited soldiers, using civilians as team human shield helps your cause.

Back to war sucks. Hezbollah hides in hospitals as it makes great pr when the hospital gets hit. Whose fault are the casualties? Israel for collateral damage while attacking enemy combatants or hezbollah for surrounding themselves with innocents?

To be clear, I am not just picking on hezbollah here. If they were striking out, I would expect Israel to do similar things to endanger civilians. War sucks. Those in charge want to win and don't care who gets hurt along the way. When you have limited soldiers, using civilians as team human shield helps your cause.

The IRA hid in Dublin. I’m having a really hard time remembering when the British army levelled the city?

The IRA hid in Dublin. I’m having a really hard time remembering when the British army levelled the city?
how about another example?

Which is why the pager/walkie talkie attacks seemed reasonable and measured. Sure, there will be some collateral damage, that's almost impossible to avoid at scale. The pager explosions seemed pretty small. If Israel had wanted more collateral damage, that would have been easy to achieve with shrapnel. These charges seemed to focus damage close to the pager (which should be close to the intended target).

how about another example?

Absolutely. But I’d like to think we learned as we evolved. The bombing of Dresden is still a really raw point among modern Germans even though they hate the Nazis as much as the Brits did. I was trying to think of the worst modern case and maybe Bloody Sunday was as close as I could get or the sinking of the General Belgrano which was sailing away from the Falkland’s war. Even those don’t hold a candle to levelling entire neighbourhoods, demolishing every single university and nearly all the hospitals of one nationality in 2024 though.

Which is why the pager/walkie talkie attacks seemed reasonable and measured. Sure, there will be some collateral damage, that's almost impossible to avoid at scale. The pager explosions seemed pretty small. If Israel had wanted more collateral damage, that would have been easy to achieve with shrapnel. These charges seemed to focus damage close to the pager (which should be close to the intended target).

Well, it may seem reasonable and measured right now but Israel just stepped down to wrestle with a pig. Everyone gets covered in **** when that happens, especially if that pig really was the originator of the IED.

Well, it may seem reasonable and measured right now but Israel just stepped down to wrestle with a pig. Everyone gets covered in **** when that happens, especially if that pig really was the originator of the IED.
I think the latest round of that match started almost a year ago and this was just another play that doesn't drastically change much. I don't think there is an end to the fight. Hopefully some pauses to give civilians a semblance of normal life.

Back
Top Bottom