Is there going to be a snail mail strike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is there going to be a snail mail strike?

You're just hearing rumours now?

In all likelihood there will be a strike. The two parties are far apart on several issues.

Workers voted to strike. Tentative strike date is May 25th.

You'd be surprised to hear that couriers can be cheaper for package delivery than mail service. As for letters, send an email ;p

Absolutely!!!
Canada post can suck my roll of tape!!
Those pirates have raised prices to far unacceptable levels, in fact they have impacted business on Ebay in a negative way.
The cheapest parcel you can send is about 12$ now, completely insane, used to be 4$.

I hope they all go on strike and don't come back!!!
I'd throw there lazy ***** to the street.
out.gif

You'd be surprised to hear that couriers can be cheaper for package delivery than mail service. As for letters, send an email ;p

The problem is that if you use a courier, you better be ready to get hit with brokerage fees in the $30-40 range (in addition to the duties). Usually you get the bill about a month after the item arrives.

We've been put on notice at work about a possible strike and how it may affect operations. The strike is likely imminent.

and i got a whole bunch of **** on its way...dammit!

The problem is that if you use a courier, you better be ready to get hit with brokerage fees in the $30-40 range (in addition to the duties). Usually you get the bill about a month after the item arrives.

If you are shipping domestic, no brokerage and you get MUCH better, faster service for the same $$ as mail.

If you are shipping international, there are options that include brokerage in the price OR your recepient can clear their own packages which is a really straightforward process. Not ideal, but it's getting better. I've heard that my company is going to lower the brokerage fees even more for small packages to comparable mail prices.

also, if you are using purolator in canada, you are defacto using canada post--they've owned a 75% stake in purolator for almost 20 years.

but keep on using them as a courier, as they are not affected by the (potential) strike

Yay! No junk mail!

Back
Top Bottom