How would you quit your job? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How would you quit your job?

Back in the 90's I was offered a better job than the one I had, I went to my boss and told him, he said he couldn't offer me what the other company had offered. When I left I said "no hard feelings?", he replied "If I'd heard you didn't take the job I'd have thought less of you". Ten years later the company I went to went bankrupt, two weeks after they closed my old boss called my up and offered me a job at my current salary.

Your old boss who is now your new boss :) sounds like a good guy.

I'm on good terms with everyone I've ever worked for before ... except the last one.

Let's say you don't need your job anymore and want to quit. You won't ever need your current job ever or need a reference or have any contact with the job. How would you go about doing it?

I would show up hammered and let the alcohol do the work.

Then you are the very ** of **** I would fire as soon as I got a whiff of your discontent and commitment in my company....loser.. and would INVEST cash to let others know..outta province... and even outta country given the op..

(was this helpful?) (rhetorical, btw)

Wondering why the hate? See your quote in bold Einstein..

Then you are the very ** of **** I would fire as soon as I got a whiff of your discontent and commitment in my company....loser.. and would INVEST cash to let others know..outta province... and even outta country given the op..

(was this helpful?) (rhetorical, btw)

Wondering why the hate? See your quote in bold Einstein..

LOL cool story bro. Best reply yet!

Wow...that was close! With a nice ending! :*)

i walked out on a job at walmart 14 years ago and told the superviser to go fcuk himself on my way out the door and wouldn't you know the same guy got hired to be a superviser at my current work 12 years after that. Yes he remembered me, yes he told all my other bosses what I did and tried to get revenge after all these years. Good thing my decent boss realized he was an idoit and fired him after a few months. Its a small world and people talk.

Ok, good...I'll give ya one point for having a sense of humour and knowing when you have stepped over the line..

Peace tho, all the same..

It's the interwebz and nothing should be taken seriously. This was suppose to be one of those imaginary situation, not what you would do in reality. Few people understood it and replied accordingly.

I'm done in 1 year, 363 days.

My contract expires and my pension begins.

I need to get another job soon so I won't be burning my bridges or going out like the Narrator in Fight Club.... much as I'd love to.

I want to get another Government job and do more nothing for ten more years. :)

I'm done in 1 year, 363 days.

My contract expires and my pension begins.

I need to get another job soon so I won't be burning my bridges or going out like the Narrator in Fight Club.... much as I'd love to.

I want to get another Government job and do more nothing for ten more years. :)

someone I know says "I go to work for the government so I can do my REAL job there; stock trading"

All he does is go to work and watch his portfolio. Makes more than his managers.

Spin on the pole and roundhouse my boss in the head...J/K!!! I love my work...ummm...I'd prolly just take off to Hawaii and not say anything to anyone!

Back in the 90's I was offered a better job than the one I had, I went to my boss and told him, he said he couldn't offer me what the other company had offered. When I left I said "no hard feelings?", he replied "If I'd heard you didn't take the job I'd have thought less of you". Ten years later the company I went to went bankrupt, two weeks after they closed my old boss called my up and offered me a job at my current salary.
What a cool guy - it makes me a little less cynical of the world in general. I've heard way too many stories of bosses who couldn't keep it professional.

At one of my jobs, we were talking about using professors as references and I was surprised to hear that a lot of the profs at U of T will only agree to be references with no disclosure (meaning they won't even give you a heads up of whether they're gonna big you up or give a bad review of you). So basically, you're taking a gamble by using them as a reference. Why not just say "I wasn't very fond of you when you were one of my students; please find someone else"? It's not like you're asking them to lie about you :S

What a cool guy - it makes me a little less cynical of the world in general. I've heard way too many stories of bosses who couldn't keep it professional.

At one of my jobs, we were talking about using professors as references and I was surprised to hear that a lot of the profs at U of T will only agree to be references with no disclosure (meaning they won't even give you a heads up of whether they're gonna big you up or give a bad review of you). So basically, you're taking a gamble by using them as a reference. Why not just say "I wasn't very fond of you when you were one of my students; please find someone else"? It's not like you're asking them to lie about you :S

One of the reason I don't like UofT, its a very poisonous/hostile environment. The students learn from that and sometimes take that outlook later in life.

Sad sad sad

It's the interwebz and nothing should be taken seriously. This was suppose to be one of those imaginary situation, not what you would do in reality. Few people understood it and replied accordingly.

OK, I imagine quitting with the help of a rocket launcher.

Woooo that was fun!!! Pass the popcorn.

One of the reason I don't like UofT, its a very poisonous/hostile environment. The students learn from that and sometimes take that outlook later in life.

Sad sad sad

So true, we just had someone join the team as support and was a uoft grad. He was more interested in networking to see who could get him ahead then learning the names of the people he was going to support.

Having spent a lot of time at all 3 Toronto Unis, I'm glad I decided against transferring into U of T. If you're not with St. Mikes, you're in for a pretty dreadful 4 years (relative to the other 2 universities). People in U of T don't help each other out - it's pretty hard to even share notes there.

But then again, I hear that the real world's a pretty hostile environment :p. So maybe it's preparing them a little better. haha...maybe all the crappy bosses in this thread came from U of T :D

Having spent a lot of time at all 3 Toronto Unis, I'm glad I decided against transferring into U of T. If you're not with St. Mikes, you're in for a pretty dreadful 4 years (relative to the other 2 universities). People in U of T don't help each other out - it's pretty hard to even share notes there.

But then again, I hear that the real world's a pretty hostile environment :p. So maybe it's preparing them a little better. haha...maybe all the crappy bosses in this thread came from U of T :D

It's their "Holier than Thou" attitude I don't like about some U of T'ers.

back on topic: "I quit!"

Not from my experience, but then again, I try not to work in such environments or want such coworkers.

Not from my experience, but then again, I try not to work in such environments or want such coworkers.

I agree with Linky here. In my field its a pretty small world and most people know each other. If u fawk up somebody, most likely u will see him again or know somebody who does. If u go about living your life like that, good luck getting ahead when most of your coworkers hate u.

Just want to add, I met good friends sharing notes. I went to U. Waterloo. Once I had trouble in one of my assignments and this total stranger helped me out. He became my friend and one day he needed a place to stay and he stayed at my place Toronto. What goes around comes around

Back
Top Bottom