How would you quit your job? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How would you quit your job?

I'd give two weeks notice and send a calander event to everyone in the company to join me for drinks on the last friday.

realistically- res. letter
in my dreams- faaaaaaaaaaaaaalcon punch

Realistically, yes, letter and all that goodness.

In my dreams.... Like this:

[video]http://youtu.be/icqT3U_N0o8[/video]

Leave with class. I've gone back to work either FT or contract for so many employers, I can't see ever leaving a job like a schmuck.

if i like won the lottery and it was a job i totally hated? idk, probably take a dump on the floor or something. boss' desk maybe.

tell them you no longer want to work there, and leave no need to make your self look like a child and do stupid things

(After winning the lottery) I'd go in and ***** slap my boss with stack of $1000 bills:p And to keep it classy, I'd hand those bills to co-workers:cool:

There's this little volkswagen that parks in front of the loading dock now and then that's asking to be rammed right into the middle of the street the day I decide to leave.

Lol so many people are taking this so seriously. Its "IF" question not "whats the best way blah blah professionally blah crap."

I would just **** everything up. Everything.

The same way I did.

I quit a job in Jan. It was the worst job I have ever had.

This was my letter of resignation I submitted, and I wrote it that morning on their company time.

Jan 3, 2011
Mr. Gary XXXXXX,
Please accept this letter as resignation of my position as a Customer Care Mechanical Designer. My last day of work will be Jan 14, 2011.
In late November a company in Guelph that I applied to in Jan 2010 contacted me. After an interview they offered me a position in their Toolroom. My decision to resign came after serious consideration of all circumstances. The key elements that swayed my decision are presently I spend over $100/week (net pay) in fuel commuting to work, 10hrs/week in my car, not to mention the extra wear & tear on my vehicle.
I have enjoyed my employment at XXXXX and the opportunity to work with the XXXXX team.

Never burn your bridges. Always be professional and be on your A game.

Last edited:
u guys are taking this so serious, the op just wanted to see some cool/funny replys.. use your imagination!

id quit it like this:
my boss he strongly hates phones at work.. so id just pickup my phone, start calling someone, and once he cameup and said wtf, id tell him in a rude manner, "cant you see im talking on the phone, your jiberish can wait" :p .. and continue talking about some random crap :p

its kinda soft, but i defenetly wouldnt come and blow **** up

ohh and regarding coming to work drunk.. i work with a bunch of russians.. guess in WHAT state they come to work on monday? hungover? naaah, sober?? naahhh.. drunk as hell ill tell you that
and nope, nobody fired yet

If I won a substantial sum ($5-10 million) in the lotto there are a couple of scenarios that could take place.

Currently I actually enjoy my job and my boss is the best I've had so far, I'd spend a few grand and get him a keg of his favourite beer and 2 all-inclusive tickets for him and his wife to a place like the Dominican. Then I'd take all my work mates out for all you can drink and eat beer, wings and pizza. Then I'd try to give the boss my 2 weeks notice in the form of a respectfully written letter and be on my way.

In an alternate reality IF I was working for a different company and I hated everyone; I would quit with zero notice. Then I'd probably just stand next to my shiny new Ferrari or Porsche in the parking lot at quitting time and let the envy work its magic. For them nothing would suck worse than knowing they are slaving away while I am living the good life.

Back to reality for a moment, I agree with other people that it is unwise to burn bridges. Even if you dislike your boss/company they'll suddenly seem not so bad if you find yourself out of work. To this day I can walk into any of my former employers and they'd at the very least shoot the **** with me over a beer.

Since I hate my job, winning the lottery, I just wouldn't come in to work. **** them over last minute.

On the reality side, if I was offered a job and I started immediately, I would inform them with a 0 day notice.

To be fair I would give them 2 weeks notice.............................."Just in case you didn't notice, I haven't been to work in 2 weeks."

I don't get the luxury of quiting when I want. Would have to finish up my last 18 months of my contract. I probably wouldn't work too hard do extra taskings or polish my boots too much.
But damn would I throw a party.

In my family we sort of have an agreement if any of us win the lotto that each of us closely related get a nice new vehicle and something extra.

In the last job that I had, I knew there would be no leaving without the bridge burning. The act of leaving on its own would be enough to set the bridge on fire. (Personality of my old boss)

I had to consult an employment lawyer (together with my then soon-to-be new business partner) to make sure I took all the right actions to avoid tripping clauses in an employment contract at the previous job. Fortunately, there were/are at least 4 entirely separate reasons why either the prior employment contract was null and void to begin with, and failing that, my old boss was in breach of contract, and failing that, that the clause in question was unenforceable, and failing that, that I didn't do anything that was outside what I was allowed to do anyways.

Fast forward two years and we get an email from my old boss threatening to sue because I'd taken a whole bunch of business with me. (Knew that was going to happen despite all of the above). Had another meeting with the employment lawyer, who basically laughed at it and said we have nothing to worry about. Nothing has happened since.

Up until we got that letter, I was still amenable to referring business that's outside my realm of expertise to my previous employer (and I did, a couple of times). Needless to say, that ain't happenin' ever again. Previous employer is now on my **** list and I'm sure that I'm "persona non grata" there. We've got other contacts to refer that business to.

Quitting that job was the best career move I've ever made.

Back in the 90's I was offered a better job than the one I had, I went to my boss and told him, he said he couldn't offer me what the other company had offered. When I left I said "no hard feelings?", he replied "If I'd heard you didn't take the job I'd have thought less of you". Ten years later the company I went to went bankrupt, two weeks after they closed my old boss called my up and offered me a job at my current salary.

Plan a vacation just before my two weeks notice... come in and drop of the resignation...the next day go to Cancun

Back
Top Bottom