Has the city lost it's mind... | Page 38 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Has the city lost it's mind...

Hopefully the store employees don't get charged and this beating taught the 15 year old kid to never rob a store with a loaded gun again. I don't have high hopes though. Probably telling his buddies next time he's going to be tougher.

Props to the guy who stood up to them.
But I would watching my back now.
I would be afraid of retaliation.

Last edited:
Cycling thread or this one? Check out this beauty that toronto installed in a bike lane.

“Once the construction is complete, the protected intersection will be more intuitive, and it will be clear that people cycling through on Adelaide should yield slightly left around the island.”

GSKeGakWkAAuTA0

Cycling thread or this one? Check out this beauty that toronto installed in a bike lane.

“Once the construction is complete, the protected intersection will be more intuitive, and it will be clear that people cycling through on Adelaide should yield slightly left around the island.”

GSKeGakWkAAuTA0
Bets on how many cars will get stuck on that weekly?

Bets on how many cars will get stuck on that weekly?
My suspicion is these are going to become popular in Toronto. Force drivers to go well past the curb and then make a sharp turn instead of the normal lazy turn that screws the bike lane and often has rear tires going across the sidewalk. Also forces vehicles to slow down a lot for the corner which reduces speed of pedestrian collisions in the crosswalk. In that case, the city is right and it will make more sense in the future but damn did they ever do a crap job for now. At least paint that island yellow to make it really clear. Probably a sign the size of the entire island isn't a bad plan either so everyone can see the extent of it easily.

Last edited:

GSKeGakWkAAuTA0
That’s nothing.
You need to see what they’ve done to University and Elm

I meant to write about this last week.

Something GOOD, the city implemented.

Was riding Lakeshore west last week, under the gardner. The city installed these plastic lane poles (thingys) along the lane that turns into the on ramp to the Gardner. So this forces drivers to get into that lane before the last minute, and stop idiots from slowing down in the lane next to it and trying to do a last minute cut in. Keeps the other lanes moving forward. Finally!

I meant to write about this last week.

Something GOOD, the city implemented.

Was riding Lakeshore west last week, under the gardner. The city installed these plastic lane poles (thingys) along the lane that turns into the on ramp to the Gardner. So this forces drivers to get into that lane before the last minute, and stop idiots from slowing down in the lane next to it and trying to do a last minute cut in. Keeps the other lanes moving forward. Finally!
Those should be all over. They'd be great on hov divider too. F up the paint on the cars that jump across.

Something doesn't add up in the city's statement about discharging poo into the lake.

“The bypassed wastewater still goes through screening, grit removal, primary treatment, phosphorous removal and full disinfection to ensure the treated water always meets strict federal and provincial regulations,” the spokesperson said, adding that the process is done to protect the plants’ ability to continue treating wastewater during an extreme rainstorm.

Health officials have advised against swimming in Lake Ontario for 48 hours after rainfall due to the possible presence of high levels of bacteria. On Wednesday, all of Toronto’s beaches were under a red flag."

So you fully disinfected it but also dumped tons of live bacteria into the lake? That math isn't mathing.

I understand why they need to bypass but cut the +=÷×. You dumped poo in the lake. Anytime there is a storm over about an inch, you dump poo in the lake.

Three billion $ and twenty-five years (another twenty to go). Doesn't seem worth it, so far.

Deputy mayor put forward a proposal to temporarily rename streets for Taylor Swift concert. I'm sure that's a good priority for a city circling the drain. She should be fired with cause for stupidity and never allowed to occupy public office again.

Congratulations, you won the lottery!

First prize is a week in Toronto.

Second prize is two weeks in Toronto.

Don’t be sad, Grey. Those 2-weeks will pass before you know it.

Interesting development. Douggie banned safe consumption sites within 200m of schools or daycares. That means five in Toronto need to relocate or close. I was thinking 200m was pretty short but apparently even at that short distance, the impact of the change is big. Crime near consumption sites is double that of further away (although that may be partly fun with stats as they are typically located in seedier areas). Of course, public health and advocates are arguing people will die due to this change as they may not get immediately narcanned. They're probably right.

I accept that addiction is a health issue and not a choice. Sadly, not all health issues have happy endings. I think this is another step towards considering drug addiction a terminal illness requiring palliative care if interventional treatment is unsuccessful. Continually intervening with narcan is a strategy that has epically failed imo. It doesn't help those that are sick, it adds a huge load to first responders and hospitals and with a higher density of people willing to do anything to get drugs, crime increases (probably almost linear with highly addicted people in an area).

Interesting development. Douggie banned safe consumption sites within 200m of schools or daycares. That means five in Toronto need to relocate or close. I was thinking 200m was pretty short but apparently even at that short distance, the impact of the change is big. Crime near consumption sites is double that of further away (although that may be partly fun with stats as they are typically located in seedier areas). Of course, public health and advocates are arguing people will die due to this change as they may not get immediately narcanned. They're probably right.

I accept that addiction is a health issue and not a choice. Sadly, not all health issues have happy endings. I think this is another step towards considering drug addiction a terminal illness requiring palliative care if interventional treatment is unsuccessful. Continually intervening with narcan is a strategy that has epically failed imo. It doesn't help those that are sick, it adds a huge load to first responders and hospitals and with a higher density of people willing to do anything to get drugs, crime increases (probably almost linear with highly addicted people in an area).

I’m not a fan of safe injection sites. While I get the stated benefits, I don’t think they achieve them. The stated costs to the community (crime, increased drug use, declines in neighbourhood safety) are always achieved.

My preference is to have tougher enforcement for traffickers, way tougher. Cut off the supply and part of the problem goes away.

Then I’d up the effort on treatment and life skills training.

I’m not a fan of safe injection sites. While I get the stated benefits, I don’t think they achieve them. The stated costs to the community (crime, increased drug use, declines in neighbourhood safety) are always achieved.

My preference is to have tougher enforcement for traffickers, way tougher. Cut off the supply and part of the problem goes away.

Then I’d up the effort on treatment and life skills training.
Turn in your dealer and you get their stash. That would be an interesting program. Implement it all the way up until street value is six figures.

Turn in your dealer and you get their stash. That would be an interesting program. Implement it all the way up until street value is six figures.
DIL is a MH nurse at a hospital in a speed/meth zombie zone. She knows all the local cops, and many of the zombies by name. Cops know the dealers, they are not after them. Cops know the supply chain and they’re not after that either.

DIL is a MH nurse at a hospital in a speed/meth zombie zone. She knows all the local cops, and many of the zombies by name. Cops know the dealers, they are not after them. Cops know the supply chain and they’re not after that either.
To be fair, cops arresting them barely matters. Pretty much 100% bail rate and even after conviction minimal incarceration. For some reason courts have decided that freedom trumps law and public safety.

Back
Top Bottom