Explosion at US-Canada border | GTAMotorcycle.com

Explosion at US-Canada border

I’m just gonna hang out and let the info flow in because it’s too early for anything concrete right now.

RIP to the person I hear died

Hubby would've been stuck down there as well had he made a delivery to Buffalo...luckily he was shunting today, however his co-workers who did go are still there...this could be the cause of a number of scenarios...1)a terrorist attack, 2)a suicide/homicide, 3)the driver had a heart attack and crashed the vehicle...hmmmm

edited to add, it's 2 dead...RIP...

Glad this didn't happen on Sunday when my daughter was visiting Buffalo. I wonder how long they plan on keeping the border closed, which would have stranded her down there.
My brother was planned to drive from Rochester tonight, to catch an early morning flight from Pearson.

He is now planing to drive down to Kingston crossing. Buffalo air port is closed as well for international flights.

Hubby would've been stuck down there as well had he made a delivery to Buffalo...luckily he was shunting today, however his co-workers who did go are still there...this could be the cause of a number of scenarios...1)a terrorist attack, 2)a suicide/homicide, 3)the driver had a heart attack and crashed the vehicle...hmmmm

edited to add, it's 2 dead...RIP...
FWIW it seems they are no longer certain about how many occupants there were in the vehicle

Went for my RAIC today and lots of extra police at the airport

Eye witness says it came from the US.
This story makes sense - the pictures of the crash site show the US secondary inspection area under the awning. To get there from Canada, you would have had to pass through the initial inspection booths first. So definitely speeding along Main and then through the fence straight into that area. The only question is - health issue (heart attack/seizure) or intentional?

Car was coming from the States. Registered in the US. Can't see it in the surveillance video.

From the CTV pics, what is this in the debris field.... EV drive-train?

1700692648366.png

Run away vehicle (driver may have been in medical distress) and battery explosion after what appears to be massive damage in the crash?

From the CTV pics, what is this in the debris field.... EV drive-train?

View attachment 64496

Run away vehicle (driver may have been in medical distress) and battery explosion after what appears to be massive damage in the crash?

That would also make sense, because cars don't normally explode like in the movies (and the way it was described by the witness).

Back
Top Bottom