Ever had this happen? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ever had this happen?

Yep, happened to me when I bought my new 2019 Triumph Speed Twin in silver from GP Bikes.

I didn't notice it until I was thinking of selling it a year later where the ownership GP gave me said it was red (they had that one on the floor too but I bought the silver). If it said it was also silver I'd likely never have caught it.

Anyways, GP fixed it and I got the new ownership in the mail as well as a $50 gift card as I recall (which offset some of the cost at Service Ontario for something I had to do there which I can't recall now off-hand).

Well. This is a mess.
Went to the dealer, after talking this am.
Got all original paperwork, some cash for the inconvenience, and an affidavit stating a mistake was made by SO.
Went to SO in Paris (issuing office).
I have ownership to a PW50, which isn't street legal.
Person who bought the PW50, has my FJR vin. <<<-- info not available to me.
Situation is recognized, but they can't help me today.
ALL paperwork has to be pulled from the day the transaction took place (last October).
Then, it has to go to SO's legal team/department.
I was told this is going to take "a day or two"........I can only imagine wtf that means.
Buyer is, for the most part......understanding.
He's been fully refunded......he has nothing to worry about.......but I'm f'n pizzed.
I nearly sold the bike to a Winnipeg resident, who was going to fly & ride......that would have been complete disaster.
My buyer is near Barrie.

Well. This is a mess.
Went to the dealer, after talking this am.
Got all original paperwork, some cash for the inconvenience, and an affidavit stating a mistake was made by SO.
Went to SO in Paris (issuing office).
I have ownership to a PW50, which isn't street legal.
Person who bought the PW50, has my FJR vin. <<<-- info not available to me.
Situation is recognized, but they can't help me today.
ALL paperwork has to be pulled from the day the transaction took place (last October).
Then, it has to go to SO's legal team/department.
I was told this is going to take "a day or two"........I can only imagine wtf that means.
Buyer is, for the most part......understanding.
He's been fully refunded......he has nothing to worry about.......but I'm f'n pizzed.
I nearly sold the bike to a Winnipeg resident, who was going to fly & ride......that would have been complete disaster.
My buyer is near Barrie.
So what colour is your ownership? Is it green or brown? So messed up. I guess they could have printed on green when it should have been on brown but they shouldn't have been able to attach a plate to the PW50 VIN.

EDIT:
As for "info not available to me", you could pull UVIP for FJR VIN to get other persons name.

it has to go to SO's legal team/department.
I was told this is going to take "a day or two".
vZ9weA.gif

A day or two send the email request to legal, maybe.

So what colour is your ownership? Is it green or brown? So messed up. I guess they could have printed on green when it should have been on brown but they shouldn't have been able to attach a plate to the PW50 VIN.

EDIT:
As for "info not available to me", you could pull UVIP for FJR VIN to get other persons name.
It's green, as it should be.
The PW is unplated. That was confirmed to me.
Except the (green) ownership, the VIN matches everything.....i.e. Bill of sale, warranty papers, and my insurance pink slip are all correct.
Why me?

Back
Top Bottom