******** deterrents. | GTAMotorcycle.com

******** deterrents.

jc100

Security cam caught a scruffy crackhead trying our car door handles last night, thankfully no damage. Time to nip this in the bud as there’ve been multiple reports of multiple people in backyards/stealing from cars etc the past few days.

I need a driveway alarm that’s reliable and won’t go off with animals and that I can have on a timer.

Also thinking about a motion activated sprinkler on a timer too.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Addicts, meth, fent, crack are not going to care about cameras. They will stand there and look right at them. Luckily they look for low hanging fruit so gates etc. tend to work pretty good for the bottom feeders.

Motion sprinkler will give them a startle and they may think someone is there that turned it on...

Edit... they even do it all in the middle of the day.

Last edited:
Addicts, meth, fent, crack are not going to care about cameras. They will stand there and look right at them. Luckily they look for low hanging fruit so gates etc. tend to work pretty good for the bottom feeders.

Motion sprinkler will give them a startle and they may think someone is there that turned it on...

The cameras are good but they don’t work for irrational people correct!

I was thinking something like a laser tripwire attached to an alarm set 3ft above the ground at the end of the driveway.

What I would like to find is a good outdoor, realistic, barking dog (big dog bark) motion sensing speaker. Hide the speaker in the bushes...

Tweakers will not mess with a big dog. I expect it will work well at night.

Have to agree, most idiot criminals are lazy and cowards. They won't pick a lock, climb a fence/gate or make much effort to get what they want.
As long as whatever you do cannot intentionally harm them, I'd do what ever I can as a deterrent. Sadly, we can't set them on fire...

There are driveway alarm systems that do what you want. Normally used for long country driveways to let you know someone has entered the property. Basically a similar setup to a garage door opener safety. To ease wiring, ideally you have the sender and receiver together and the other side is a passive reflector. @Brian P probably dealt with similar setups for industrial applications for years.

Motion activated sprinklers seem like a great idea. You may need two or three to get the coverage you want.

As for driveway zombies, barrie has hordes of them. 95% of the time just checking for unlocked doors. Lately, a few have escalated to smashing windows.

We had some addicts go through our condo underground garage and were seen on at least 4-5 different cameras, they were too high to care.

We had some addicts go through our condo underground garage and were seen on at least 4-5 different cameras, they were too high to care.
Even when confronted by people in Barrie, the zombies just telll them to f off. Last week the zombies pulled a knife and threatened to kill a bystander. Police response time was two hours. They are invincible. Nothing to lose and on the tiny chance police arrest them, they are back out in hours.

Probably just bluster but the cries for vigilante justice were increasing rapidly. Barrie is clearing out one encampment today. Of course the pro-supervised consumption and pro-unhoused people are planning to be there to impede the process as much as possible.

One recent security cam caught one of the scum in a back yard carrying something that looked like a tree pruning saw or a scythe. The neighbourhood is getting to pitchfork level 5.

Probably just bluster but the cries for vigilante justice were increasing rapidly. Barrie is clearing out one encampment today. Of course the pro-supervised consumption and pro-unhoused people are planning to be there to impede the process as much as possible.

There was a planned protest counter-protest, but all the counter-protest people had to work today.

Even when confronted by people in Barrie, the zombies just telll them to f off. Last week the zombies pulled a knife and threatened to kill a bystander. Police response time was two hours. They are invincible. Nothing to lose and on the tiny chance police arrest them, they are back out in hours.

I'm seeing more more calls for vigilante justice as well someone's going to start shooting these meth heads soon

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Hostile architecture/landscaping is effective. As an example we have a noise wall along one side of our property, I have ivy along our side that I keep trimmed back form the other side. There is one spot where it can be climbed from the other side, I let the ivy grow a bit over the top here, pretty much stops people from climbing over it. It is not a real barrier but you have to reach into/trough it to get to the top of the wall and that discourages the tweakers to just not climb it. Same thing with backyard gates, closed and locked. Really not hard to climb but enough to discourage random exploration. A hidden latch, achieves the same thing. No need to make a fortress, but just enough to stop the wandering in...

I have "heard" a garden rake carelessly left in the dark in the right place with the tines facing up can work very well.... stepping on it and getting hit in the face with the handle coming up at mach speed sucks.

Use a fence energizer then no one dies but it still hurts like hell

There was an old guy in Niagara Falls that strung razor blades on string in his fruit trees to keep the neighbourhood kids from repeatedly stealing the fruit (apples IIRC). They were obvious, the kids saw them, and none of them got hurt.

Told their parents the old man they were stealing fruit from booby trapped the trees, parents called the cops, buddy was charged.

We're planning on putting a chain link fence along the front of our property, we already have a gated driveway.
While we don't see any meth heads what has been happening around our area are random car loads of "citizens of Brampton" driving onto rural properties and start wandering around, looking in barns, shed etc. In one case they drove into a working farm, when the workers approached and asked what they wanted "No English, No English" and they continued to poke around until the owner showed up and in clearly in no mood to deal with Brampton, they piled back into the car and took off. Another time they opened a closed but not locked gate drove up the driveway and were approaching the home, until the owner and her dog walked around from the back of the house, they then jumped back in the car and left. While on the surface it appear somewhat harmless, there has also been a rash of barn break in's recently with tools, equipment and supplies stolen. My intolerant suspicion is that we have new Brampton farmers in the area looking to get supplies...

There was an old guy in Niagara Falls that strung razor blades on string in his fruit trees to keep the neighbourhood kids from repeatedly stealing the fruit (apples IIRC). They were obvious, the kids saw them, and none of them got hurt.

Told their parents the old man they were stealing fruit from booby trapped the trees, parents called the cops, buddy was charged.
Not surprised by this at all, what a time we live in...

Back
Top Bottom