Dear America: GET A GRIP !!!! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear America: GET A GRIP !!!!

Do you mean like HTA 141 and HTA 145
It is illegal to enter an intersection if you have no way of exiting the intersection while the light is green
Like the time I was downtown watching 3 or 4 cops write tickets for the above, increasing the size of the jam by their blockade. I guess using their powers to direct traffic and minimize congestion wasn't profitable enough.

Like the time I was downtown watching 3 or 4 cops write tickets for the above, increasing the size of the jam by their blockade. I guess using their powers to direct traffic and minimize congestion wasn't profitable enough.
Another upside to photo tickets. For something more complicated like blocking the box, they could even be issued manually. Cop takes pic of plate and follows same process as if they were handing the driver the ticket but doesn't bother with the stop and accompanying traffic impact just mail the infraction and fine. At $500 a time, owners will quickly take notice even if it doesn't cause an insurance hit.

Another upside to photo tickets. For something more complicated like blocking the box, they could even be issued manually. Cop takes pic of plate and follows same process as if they were handing the driver the ticket but doesn't bother with the stop and accompanying traffic impact just mail the infraction and fine. At $500 a time, owners will quickly take notice even if it doesn't cause an insurance hit.
At some point the insurers will penalize car owners for them letting unidentified bad drivers use their vehicles.

At some point the insurers will penalize car owners for them letting unidentified bad drivers use their vehicles.
Maybe. As I understand it now, tickets are attached to your drivers license. It would be interesting to know if insurance companies can see camera tickets given to an owner.

Trunking: The act of using the handbrake to slow the vehicle without warning a following driver by energizing the brake lights. Downshifting also helps.
Legal, providing you signal.

Signal for stop​

142 (8) The driver or operator of a vehicle upon a highway before stopping or suddenly decreasing the speed of the vehicle, if the operation of any other vehicle may be affected by such stopping or decreasing of speed, shall give a signal plainly visible to the driver or operator of the other vehicle of the intention to stop or decrease speed,

You are saying the rules as they are written. In my experience right on red goes as soon as they can get their nose in any lane. Most drivers in Ontario function on where they can wedge their vehicle and either don't know or don't care about right of way rules.

I, like you, try to hang back and not block the box. If I can see a Ror ahole that's going to screw me, I will take that opportunity away from them.

Super simple way to drum this home is used in Europe. Junction boxes are often painted with diagonal lines. Drivers associate that with “do not park/no waiting”.

Super simple way to drum this home is used in Europe. Junction boxes are often painted with diagonal lines. Drivers associate that with “do not park/no waiting”.
Given the appalling lack of following the rules and courtesy, I won't be too surprised if places like downtown Toronto end up with something like railway crossing gates for vehicles and pedestrians at every intersection. Lights mean nothing, risking injury or damage to their vehicle may help people behave in a courteous manner.

No thanks. Road paint is already slippery under a bike, can't imagine negotiating a wet turn across some Abby Lane lineage.

Stick to the $500 fines - punish only the ones needing punishment.

Given the appalling lack of following the rules and courtesy, I won't be too surprised if places like downtown Toronto end up with something like railway crossing gates for vehicles and pedestrians at every intersection. Lights mean nothing, risking injury or damage to their vehicle may help people behave in a courteous manner.
Or just ban cars and trucks.

Make the whole city a collision-free space.

Happy, like High Park.

No thanks. Road paint is already slippery under a bike, can't imagine negotiating a wet turn across some Abby Lane lineage.

Stick to the $500 fines - punish only the ones needing punishment.

Haven’t we got no slip paint technology in 2024?

Haven’t we got no slip paint technology in 2024?
Not in my hood! Some of those fat white lines at intersections in my hood are slippery when wet. I've slid a wheel many times while making a right turn on a dewy morning.

Back
Top Bottom