Dear America: GET A GRIP !!!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear America: GET A GRIP !!!!

Or, and I know this is a completely radical idea for Americans, but how about actually securing the gun so care and control is established by metal and not proximity? A well-secured gun is bad hammer/bat at best.
Or better yet, leave it at home and unloaded ???

How about at their friends house? You could do everything right at your own, and then their friends parents are morans and leave a gun out. Changing the laws to try and make it safer for everyone should be a no brainer. But then here's your comment.

If the solution to a problem is passing a law, we shouldn't have any problems in society, yet we do.
'Not familiar with the laws in the specific jurisdiction, but I would not be surprised if the mother had broken more than one before the kid got 'hold of the pistol.
It's seldom just one thing that leads to a tragedy such as this. It's usually a chain of events/errors that contribute.
Passing a law that says you can't leave a child unattended in a car would have helped, but... Unless people adhere, it's just a law written on paper.

If we REALLY want to save lives, motorcycles should be banned.

If we REALLY want to save lives, motorcycles should be banned.
vs actual traffic enforcement and appropriate licensing and examinations?

"i didn't see you" is not an excuse.

Enforcement is expensive and our benevolent masters would rather spend money on red light and speed cameras that collect money, but don't really address the individual offender.
Bradford made $2M in the first few months of speed cameras being active. I can't remember which municipality but one was considering adding 175 more cameras to their fleet. What at the odds that the municipality doesn't even have 175 schools and it is just a fundraiser and has nothing to do with the stated goal?

As for addressing the individual offender, it makes sense to me to send a certified letter out after x infractions that skips the set fine and goes straight for a summons. The owner has to show up in front of a JP and explain wtf is going on.

Speed cameras in Italy are massive fundraisers for rural villages , drop from 80k to 30k in 100ft . I’m shocked it’s taken so long to get here in large #s .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Speed cameras in Italy are massive fundraisers for rural villages , drop from 80k to 30k in 100ft . I’m shocked it’s taken so long to get here in large #s .

I wish they would drop the safety lie. Just be honest and call it selective taxation. It generates a lot of money and it is easy for you to avoid being a contributor if that is important to you.

I wish they would drop the safety lie. Just be honest and call it selective taxation. It generates a lot of money and it is easy for you to avoid being a contributor if that is important to you.
That would require critical thinking, my usual rant. It's easy to run for office but mention people being responsible for their destiny and you're lucky if your dog votes for you. Toothpaste and a brush is cheaper than a dentist Singh.

When the government gives grants of 40 million that is taken from every pocket of every citizen. It doesn't come from "Somewhere" or "Someone".

f5282a8078b1ac2983df03091fd677f2cfc243e9a5a0ab49f2729844861b760a_1.jpg

I wish they would drop the safety lie.
Is it a lie? I understand that in Scandinavia where speeds in towns and cities were dropped to 40kph and enforced, traffic/pedestrian deaths went way down.

Is it a lie? I understand that in Scandinavia where speeds in towns and cities were dropped to 40kph and enforced, traffic/pedestrian deaths went way down.
As deployed, photo radars are a fundraiser first and safety related second. If a politician cared about safety, the correct path is redesign of roads (can be as simple as paint to narrow lanes) to make comfortable travel speed lower. Changing the number on the sign is just politics and fundraising and it does very little to change vehicle speed.

For proof, look at the most profitable camera in toronto every quarter. They have done nothing to change the road in any way to reduce vehicle speed. I have never seen a pedestrian there. It is just fundraising on a hill with a ridiculously low speed limit.

You could take that all the way to speed limits of zero if you want to eliminate all deaths by vehicles.

They lowered most arterial roads in York region by 10kmh and removed right turns on reds. Don’t think the body count has changed, but the added congestion and longer drive times are generating lots of extra carbon tax.

No right turn on a Red in York? Crap I’m up there once a week and had no idea.

Back
Top Bottom