Cops should watch this !!! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cops should watch this !!!

Show me the illegality of "almost assault" in any legal text. Also, for the record, I'm 100% not arguing the cop's LEGAL RIGHT to be where he was at all. He had full right (probably, unless there are some strange rules about not parking a car there, etc) to be there.

Criminal Code of Canada: Assault

265. (1) A person commits an assault when
(a) without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly;

(b) he attempts or threatens, by an act or a gesture, to apply force to another person, if he has, or causes that other person to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose; or

(c) while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or an imitation thereof, he accosts or impedes another person or begs.

I think we are missing the point here. The title of the thread is that 'Cops should watch this' and I agree. Cops should watch this and hopefully learn not to set speed traps in corners, whether or not the cop in video had a speed trap there doesn't matter.

When I am driving and I see a cop, I hit the brakes whether I am speeding or not. It's a natural reaction. I completely understand why this rider went down.

Wow! Really? You hit the brakes just because you see a cop? I sure hope I'm not behind you when you do. That really pisses me off when people do that. It certainly isn't "natural" as most people don't do that, in my experience.

The rider was out of control and couldn't react to changing circumstances (i.e. there was a cop that he/she didn't expect). Totally the riders fault. If you aren't prepared to deal with what you see as you're going through a corner than you're out of control. There's a reason why you shouldn't be wailing through blind corners, you never know what's around the bend. It could have been anything. But to allow yourself to be distracted by a cop and freak out for no reason is just not good driving.

If it wasn't the cop it could have been just about anything.

BTW this vid has been talked to death on other forums and the comments were about 4>1 that the fault was completely the rider.

Wow! Really? You hit the brakes just because you see a cop? I sure hope I'm not behind you when you do. That really pisses me off when people do that. It certainly isn't "natural" as most people don't do that, in my experience.

I would have to disagree with you there. MOST people, based admittedly on my personal experience, either brake or let up on the throttle when they see a cop, even before they know what their speed really is.

I would have to disagree with you there. MOST people, based admittedly on my personal experience, either brake or let up on the throttle when they see a cop, even before they know what their speed really is.

I guess we have different experiences. I realize people become more aware of their speed when a cop is around but why would you let up on the throttle or hit the brakes if you're driving at the speed limit (as mjavor was writing - or slightly above for that matter) just because you see a cop?

I routinely drive 10-19 kph (indicated) over the limit and I don't slow up because I see a cop for two reasons; 1. they don't care about my speed and 2. by the time you see them it's too late to do anything about it.

I guess we have different experiences. I realize people become more aware of their speed when a cop is around but why would you let up on the throttle or hit the brakes if you're driving at the speed limit (as mjavor was writing - or slightly above for that matter) just because you see a cop?

I routinely drive 10-19 kph (indicated) over the limit and I don't slow up because I see a cop for two reasons; 1. they don't care about my speed and 2. by the time you see them it's too late to do anything about it.

Why? Because it's an instinctive reaction, that doesn't attach to reason.

Why? Because it's an instinctive reaction, that doesn't attach to reason.

Fair enough.

But, those of us that try to learn how to operate a piece of machinery are supposed to learn how to react logically and not always in accordance with instinct. Like when your back wheel starts to slide you shouldn't be backing off the throttle dramtically.

Anyway, I do get your point, I just don't agree that it makes sense or is acceptable practice.

Remember photo radar? 3 cars would go flying by tailgating, at 140 because leader would not pull out of passing lane, then he would spot a photo radar and slam on the brakes. Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom