Bluetooth, where to start! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bluetooth, where to start!

That sounds like they aren't sealing properly. Did you watch the process from start to finish? Maybe plugs got switched and you got someone else's (or maybe the mold got pinched or ...)

I'm pretty sure the guy who fit them wasn't dealing with any other customers at the time, or maybe, that day. Place was empty and I think he came in just for me. I messaged him but never heard back so I'm kind of writing it off.

I bought a Cardo Freecom 4X after the cheap Amazon BT receiver finally died after 4 years with all the prolonged rain riding a few weeks ago. The AGV K6, firstly has the cut outs in the wrong position (for my head) and secondly, the JBL speakers put pressure on my ear lobes to an extent that they start hurting after the first hour of riding. It's very irritating.

I didn't have this issue with the speakers under K3SV - but then it was an old helmet with worn out pads that lived its life and served its purpose.

So now I am contemplating either buying a new helmet (I really want to go modular) or trying out IEMs under the K6. Or, just dropping the idea of listening to music while riding - I don't need comms, mainly ride solo.

Saw this thread, was frustrated, so am ranting :)

Last edited:
I don't want to read all the replies, just give my experience. I bought set of Cardo Freecom 4x for my partner and I a few months ago. I would say that they work perfect 95% of the time. They will randomly drop connection with each rider maybe once on a four hour ride, but it is just a quick press of the button to reconnect them. We are both able to listen to our own music while being able to talk to each other, but I find the volume is hard to adjust. The volume seems to just control both, music and speech, so I have found sometimes the music is too loud, but if I turn it down, then I can't hear my partner as well as I would like too.

Overall I would buy them again, but I just like to make people aware that they're not perfect.

IMO, communicators from Sena and Cardo are grossly overpriced, as well as being needlessly overpackaged.

I've had both over the years and most recently had a LS2 Ride Pal 3, a proprietary unit to go with my modular helmet. Based on a Sena SMH10. Useless device, poor controls, lousy battery life. The Ride Pal would last 6 - 7 hours on a 10 hour ride day.......... and after 3 - 4 years was down to 3 hours forcing me to connect it to a battery pack before lunch. Garbage.

So, after a bit of online research I purchased this in June. I bought the single, you can also buy it as a set.

Easy to install on the helmet, pairs with Bluetooth devices well, makes and takes calls. I use it primarily to listen to music. So far, battery life has been great. Still at 50% after a full day riding. I haven't paired it with another rider's device, but have no reason to believe it would not do this properly. Buy it, try it and return it if you don't like it or it does not perform as expected or stated in the spec. Amazon purchases are relatively risk free,

How long will this device last? No idea really, but it is likely no better or worse than the Sena and Cardo that died after 4 - 5 years and it is a fraction of the cost.

I bought a Cardo Paktalk this season for my trip, and am surprisingly satisfied.

It was on sale at Fortnine because it's the orange KTM branded one. Great battery life, excellent sound quality, and apparently very clear microphone.

Everything fit well into my Shoei full face and combined with earplugs it's been a great addition. It makes the droning on a highway bearable and isn't intrusive when not in use.

I can listen to music and podcasts clearly up about 120kph, but obviously wind noise is bike specific, with weather also having a huge influence.

Well... Turns out it must be the YuYue BT controller that's the problem.
I found my old Chubby Buttons controller, replaced the battery and presto... Paired, connected and stayed connected for my 3hr ride around the back roads today...
So... As I heard a million time during my 1980's nightclubbing phase...

Nice! I always thought about using the Chubby Buttons to have easier control of my music, but then I just went to the bluetooth headset, which is good enough. But for using headphones those Chubby Buttons seemed to be the best and most reliable.

Nice! I always thought about using the Chubby Buttons to have easier control of my music, but then I just went to the bluetooth headset, which is good enough. But for using headphones those Chubby Buttons seemed to be the best and most reliable.

They have a version 2 out now, but my first gen Chubby works just fine. The buttons are indeed chubby so they're easy to use while wearing gloves.

IMO, communicators from Sena and Cardo are grossly overpriced, as well as being needlessly overpackaged.

How long will this device last? No idea really, but it is likely no better or worse than the Sena and Cardo that died after 4 - 5 years and it is a fraction of the cost.
When I was outfitting our sleds we wanted four Bluetooth headsets. I wasn't willing to spend the $ for 4 Cardos or Senas, so I was looking downmarket. The one that I saw most people recommending online was the Lexin B4FM (IIRC). I don't remember how much we paid but it was a fraction of what the big name brands were charging. They worked fine, just as well as the Cardo I use on my road bike.

I see that GP Bikes is now selling Lexin.

I never thought I'd use the voice control on these BT headsets. Now I'm talking to myself all the time in my helmet: "Hey Cardo, next track" "Hey Cardo, music off" "Hey Cardo, too close for missiles, let's switch to guns..."

When I was outfitting our sleds we wanted four Bluetooth headsets. I wasn't willing to spend the $ for 4 Cardos or Senas, so I was looking downmarket. The one that I saw most people recommending online was the Lexin B4FM (IIRC). I don't remember how much we paid but it was a fraction of what the big name brands were charging. They worked fine, just as well as the Cardo I use on my road bike.

I see that GP Bikes is now selling Lexin.
I used Lexin. It lasted for about 4 years. I did, though, upgrade the speakers to an Iasus X sound 2.1 for about $40.

Value for money.

With my 20S at highway speeds and earplugs (Earpeace ones, medium inserts) listening to the radio is just loud enough but streaming Spotify/Amazon/Sirius it’s not loud enough. Volume on the phone is all the way up. Not sure if upgrading the speakers to the bigger ones will fix that. I have turned on the audio boost and tried the HD on settings in the settings.

The volume seems to just control both, music and speech, so I have found sometimes the music is too loud, but if I turn it down, then I can't hear my partner as well as I would like too

This happens to me as well. Have you tried changing the settings from the phone app? That solved the issues for me

Back
Top Bottom