900,000 students coming in… | Page 40 | GTAMotorcycle.com

900,000 students coming in…

I don't know about the rest but Royal Paan is delicious. I don't know what I'm doing so order by pointing works for me. Hasn't gone terribly wrong yet.

The quality of the food is inconsequential. 11+ restaurants in a 1 km radius is concerning.

The quality of the food is inconsequential. 11+ restaurants in a 1 km radius is concerning.
Not sure what your point is...

The ones around Centre/Clifton Hill and Victoria are in the prime tourist trap, few, likely no, locals are going there. The one on the edge near McGrail likely caters to the surrounding budget motels, a bit (block) off the main trap but still surrounded by tourists. The ones on Ferry near Main likely get more of a mix of tourist and locals.

Tourists like Indian food, maybe even the buffets? Oh my, what has the world come to!

Purely anecdotally, but based on a number of visits to the Falls over the past few years (living in Hamilton, any guest from out of town inevitably includes a visit), a significant percentage of the visitors appear to be of South Asian background. I'd say well in excess of 60% on many days. It's not surprising that businesses have popped up to serve that market...

Doesn’t Niagara also have a huge number of refugees housed in the hotels? They need to eat also. Not sure how food is taken care of but I assume the hotel isn’t brining 3-4 meals / day / resident to the refugees.

It use to be a bit of everything in Clifton. Now? Not so much.
It is overrun with US and Canadian chains and kraft burger places. When I was a kid it was a big deal when Burger King moved in on the hill. Now it is all IHOP, Applebee's, Benihana, DQ, Pizza Pizza, Ruby Tuesday, Wendy's, BP, Timmies, Kelsey's, Montana's, Rainforest... and intermixed with them are dozen or so kraft burger joints, some brew pubs and the usual pizza places. And yes, a handful of places selling Indian food...

It is overrun with US and Canadian chains and kraft burger places. When I was a kid it was a big deal when Burger King moved in on the hill. Now it is all IHOP, Applebee's, Benihana, DQ, Pizza Pizza, Ruby Tuesday, Wendy's, BP, Timmies, Kelsey's, Montana's, Rainforest... and intermixed with them are dozen or so kraft burger joints, some brew pubs and the usual pizza places. And yes, a handful of places selling Indian food...
Niagara college has 11000 intl study permit students, majority are from India.

It is overrun with US and Canadian chains and kraft burger places. When I was a kid it was a big deal when Burger King moved in on the hill. Now it is all IHOP, Applebee's, Benihana, DQ, Pizza Pizza, Ruby Tuesday, Wendy's, BP, Timmies, Kelsey's, Montana's, Rainforest.

Yeah, I familiar with the Falls.

Ruby Tuesday

I was good friends with Charlie. RIP.

Last edited:
Niagara college has 11000 intl study permit students, majority are from India.
And..... Niagara College does not have a campus in Niagara Falls, or anywhere near the Clifton Hill tourist area. So I doubt their international students are making the trip to the tourist trap for lunch or dinner.

For campuses, there is one in Welland and one in NOTL (by the factory outlet mall on the QEW). AND there is one in Toronto just for international students. Niagara College – Toronto which is an example of the real problems here IMO.

Long ago they did have one on Dunn Street in the falls for the hospitality and tourism programs, I think Falls View Group is now in that building.
It all comes back to a dozen Indian restaurants in the tourist area has little to do with international students, there are more craft burger joints alone and never mind all the other eateries of all types within the tourist trap.

For campuses, there is one in Welland and one in NOTL

Technically yes, it's in "NOTL". It's 2km from the NW border of Niagara Falls, meters from St. Catharines, and 15km from the town of NOTL proper, however. Students either live in the Falls or St. Kitts.

Last edited:
What a crock of sh!t, you know the program when you sign up for it.
This is like complaining about your meal after you ate the entire thing.
And to that point, that attitude makes me want them out of Canada as soon as possible. They make life worse for everyone as they believe they are owed everything. If you want to come and learn and work, make canada your home and try to make it more prosperous, come on in, we need you. If you believe the world owes you, f off. We have enough of those already and they suck.

What a crock of sh!t, you know the program when you sign up for it.
This is like complaining about your meal after you ate the entire thing.
Well that’s the issue…they’re protesting to extend the permit to gain time to get their PR.

Funny how non-PR / Canadians have the right to protest laws and rules in a country they’re not a part of…

But it’s the rule. Protest. Whine. *****. And get your way. If you don’t, just scream louder.

The protest is at a park that is completely surrounded by residential buildings on 3 sides and the parking lot on the backside of shopper's world mall... its a pretty secluded spot to hold a protest.
Clear...but the question is why are they able to protest a term and condition that they signed up for when they got their permit?

They knew it came with an expiry date. They know the rules (or at the very least should).

They just don't like them now that they're here, because IMO they never intended to go back.

The protest is at a park that is completely surrounded by residential buildings on 3 sides and the parking lot on the backside of shopper's world mall... its a pretty secluded spot to hold a protest.
Maybe that's where the core of their supporters live (and good access to parking)? In any case, with social media, they just need a location to congregate and take inflammatory pics/video. Nobody passing by a protest gives a toss.

Clear...but the question is why are they able to protest a term and condition that they signed up for when they got their permit?

They knew it came with an expiry date. They know the rules (or at the very least should).

They just don't like them now that they're here, because IMO they never intended to go back.
They can protest all they want. If the government listens, that's when I have the issue.

If you are not a citizen, you should not be able to vote and you should not be able to influence policy.

Back
Top Bottom