2024 Weekly BurgeRR Meetup - Wednesdays @7PM | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Weekly BurgeRR Meetup - Wednesdays @7PM

Thx man, really appreciate the help!
I'm off as well and can tote things around in the wagon if needed.

Speak to Jerry and maybe throw the guys at Maranello a word? Ask for Shane, tell him Chris with the RR sent you.

I'm off as well and can tote things around in the wagon if needed.

Speak to Jerry and maybe throw the guys at Maranello a word? Ask for Shane, tell him Chris with the RR sent you.
Just go to Ted (rosie toes) he will get them mounted for you one way or another! 😂
He is definitely motorad certified and will get you on your way!

Thanks Shane. It's not so much the mounting, it's the balancing. It's a SSSA wheel and won't work on a balancer with two cones.

It's a R1250GS and I'm picking up a Dunlop Trailmax Mission from Triple Clamp in Vaughan, and carrying it on Neda's rear rack all the way to Whitby. And I'm right in the middle in Scarberia.

Not looking forward to spending all that time on the 401 in the middle of the day. FML.

I'll try to talk to Jerry if he's in.
I’ve balance my sssa wheels with a static balancer and creative use of the Home Depot plumbing aisle…

No it can't. He also doesn't have any contacts at any BMW service shops.

I'm surprised, unless he didn't realize it's a single sided rear wheel with no bearings. I've heard that the Ducati rear wheels can be balanced on an automotive balancer.

@Lightcycle - I can also offer my tire machine in Mississauga, if you want to just get the tire mounted for now and wait for a later appointment to get it balanced. I personally never balance the rears on my own bikes and haven't noticed anything - so I'm either lucky or oblivious. Beats being completely stranded and having to cancel plans.

I'm surprised, unless he didn't realize it's a single sided rear wheel with no bearings. I've heard that the Ducati rear wheels can be balanced on an automotive balancer.

@Lightcycle - I can also offer my tire machine in Mississauga, if you want to just get the tire mounted for now and wait for a later appointment to get it balanced. I personally never balance the rears on my own bikes and haven't noticed anything - so I'm either lucky or oblivious. Beats being completely stranded and having to cancel plans.

Thanks, we were on a tight timeline before this mishap and the loss of a day to source a new rear tire has already put us off our plans, because we were trying to accommodate all of our friend's different schedules. We're supposed to be in Ottawa tomorrow. Obviously that's not going to happen, as I'll be shuttling back and forth on the 401 within the GTA the entire day.

Really appreciate the offer though, this community has really been helpful!

Just putting this out there, if it was a Harley, wouldn’t be any issues as the whole thing is keep the riders on the road. If you’re travelling they put you front of line with same day repairs

Just putting this out there, if it was a Harley, there wouldn’t be any issues as there whole thing is keep the riders on the road. If you’re travelling they put you front of line with same day repairs

Also with OG BMW dealers.

I remember traveling through the US and all the BMW Motorrad dealers used to keep a bay free for out-of-town travelers. We'd just roll in, literally get same day service and be on our way a few hours later. You felt very appreciated and taken care of.

GP Bikes just took over the BMW brand. Obviously, they're doing things a little different. More conveyor belt style:

Don't care where you come from, you're just a box. Stick the box at the back of the line. Box comes up for processing and falls off the end of the conveyor belt. Not our problem, stick it back at the end of the line.

Nice. I love being treated like a f-n box.

Shoulda taken it to a real BMW dealership, but GP was closer. Learned my lesson.

Also with OG BMW dealers.

I remember traveling through the US and all the BMW Motorrad dealers used to keep a bay free for out-of-town travelers. We'd just roll in, literally get same day service and be on our way a few hours later. You felt very appreciated and taken care of.

GP Bikes just took over the BMW brand. Obviously, they're doing things a little different. More conveyor belt style:

Don't care where you come from, you're just a box. Stick the box at the back of the line. Box comes up for processing and falls off the end of the conveyor belt. Not our problem, stick it back at the end of the line.

Nice. I love being treated like a f-n box.

Shoulda taken it to a real BMW dealership, but GP was closer. Learned my lesson.
Let us know what the outcome is.

Just putting this out there, if it was a Harley, wouldn’t be any issues as the whole thing is keep the riders on the road. If you’re travelling they put you front of line with same day repairs
I’ve heard this may no longer be true, or at least not all dealers adhere to it any more. That said, I’ve heard great stories about the ones that do, including staying open to the middle of the night to fix problems.

That is a real crummy situation [mention]Lightcycle [/mention], GP did you wrong, which is kinda surprising.
Good luck with it.

Sent from the Moon!

Thanks man. Appreciate all the support here.

Just bummed that all our plans got scrapped and our buddies got inconvenienced as well.

This week, another favourite;

18-SepWoody Wood Burgers8950 Yonge St, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 6Z7

Cya there!

Back
Top Bottom