2024 Weekly BurgeRR Meetup - Wednesdays @7PM | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Weekly BurgeRR Meetup - Wednesdays @7PM

What happened to it?

Nothing, took it to GP Bikes for a rear tire swap. Made this appointment two weeks ago.

I brought it in this morning. They called me today and said they ordered the wrong tire and they don't have anything comparable in stock. Told me to come pick up my bike.

So in the meantime I sourced a new rear myself, called them back and said I'll bring the new tire in.

They said, "ok, we'll book you another appointment in two weeks time."

I said, "whut? You can't change the tire now? My bike is still in your shop?!?"

They said, "no, you missed your appointment."

Uh... I missed my appt cause you ordered the wrong f-n tire... What the hell happened to trying to make things right for the customer when you screw up?!?!

So anyways, now I gotta convince them to change my rear tire tomorrow, or I'll have to make an appt somewhere else. And wait another week or so if I do that because it's a SSSA wheel and needs a special balancing machine, and only BMW shops have it. So all our plans our messed up.

Guess they really don't want my business.

Had to cancel all the motels we booked for this weekend, and apologize to my riding buddies that this weekend's ride is off...

Nothing, took it to GP Bikes for a rear tire swap. Made this appointment two weeks ago.

I brought it in this morning. They called me today and said they ordered the wrong tire and they don't have anything comparable in stock. Told me to come pick up my bike.

So in the meantime I sourced a new rear myself, called them back and said I'll bring the new tire in.

They said, "ok, we'll book you another appointment in two weeks time."

I said, "whut? You can't change the tire now? My bike is still in your shop?!?"

They said, "no, you missed your appointment."

Uh... I missed my appt cause you ordered the wrong f-n tire... What the hell happened to trying to make things right for the customer when you screw up?!?!

So anyways, now I gotta convince them to change my rear tire tomorrow, or I'll have to make an appt somewhere else. And wait another week or so if I do that. So all our plans our messed up.

Guess they really don't want my business.

Had to cancel all the motels we booked for this weekend, and apologize to my riding buddies that this weekend's ride is off...
Making a mistake is fine but that's no bueno customer service. Makes no sense and I'd be furious.

You going to go up the chain and talk to someone to make that right?

What kind of bike is it?
I have a lift and can swap tires when they are on the rims, otherwise I know a ocal shop who could do same day service if I asked them (KMM Powersports in Mississauga)

And snow city might do it if they are not terribly busy.

Making a mistake is fine but that's no bueno customer service. Makes no sense and I'd be furious.

You going to go up the chain and talk to someone to make that right?

What kind of bike is it?
I have a lift and can swap tires if they don't budge.

Thanks Shane. It's not so much the mounting, it's the balancing. It's a SSSA wheel and won't work on a balancer with two cones.

It's a R1250GS and I'm picking up a Dunlop Trailmax Mission from Triple Clamp in Vaughan, and carrying it on Neda's rear rack all the way to Whitby. And I'm right in the middle in Scarberia.

Not looking forward to spending all that time on the 401 in the middle of the day. FML.

I'll try to talk to Jerry if he's in.

Thanks Shane. It's not so much the mounting, it's the balancing. It's a SSSA wheel and won't work on a balancer with two cones.

It's a R1250GS and I'm picking up a Dunlop Trailmax Mission from Triple Clamp in Vaughan, and carrying it on Neda's rear rack all the way to Whitby. And I'm right in the middle in Scarberia.

Not looking forward to spending all that time on the 401 in the middle of the day. FML.

From Scarberia to Vaughan to Whitby on the 401 can be tolerable if you do it all between 10-2pm and choose your express vs collector lanes wisely. I have the rest of the week off if I can help in any way.

Stupid question.
Can it be balanced at a BMW car shop?

I'll contact my muddy who is a master mechanic at BMW.

Last edited:

Just a heads up, i've got the trail max missions on my AT and they are not wearing as well as i thought they would

Just a heads up, i've got the trail max missions on my AT and they are not wearing as well as i thought they would

I'm running them right now, currently got 15,000 kms on the rear. 🤷‍♂️

I'm happy with them.

Though they don't clear mud as good as when there was tread on them...

20240909_133824%20-%20Copy-X4.jpg

Was going through mud bogs sideways, relying more on momentum than grip!

I'm running them right now, currently got 15,000 kms on the rear. 🤷‍♂️

I'm happy with them.

Though they don't clear mud as good as when there was tread on them...

20240909_133824%20-%20Copy-X4.jpg

Was going through mud bogs sideways, relying more on momentum than grip!
What pressures are you running?

@Lightcycle
Before heading out why not make a call to Barrie powersports. They are a BMW dealer and they should be less busy and for you in.

Pick up the bike at GP, run over to Vaughan and then a little further to Barrie to get it mounted.

@Lightcycle
Before heading out why not make a call to Barrie powersports. They are a BMW dealer and they should be less busy and for you in.

Pick up the bike at GP, run over to Vaughan and then a little further to Barrie to get it mounted.

Thx, I'll give them a call tomorrow morning to see if they have a slot open for me.

Stupid question.
Can it be balanced at a BMW car shop?

I'll contact my muddy who is a master mechanic at BMW.
No it can't. He also doesn't have any contacts at any BMW service shops.

Thx, I'll give them a call tomorrow morning to see if they have a slot open for me.

Better yet, try Maranello BMW. They are in Vaughan.
Their website says they service Motorrad.

Contact
55 Auto Park Circle
L4L 8R1 Woodbridge
416 213 5699
Send Mail
Contact form
Visit Website
Opening Times
Monday - Thursday
9:00 o'clock AM - 6:00 o'clock PM
Friday
9:00 o'clock AM - 5:00 o'clock PM
Saturday
9:00 o'clock AM - 4:00 o'clock PM
Opening hours may vary on public holidays.

K. Fingers crossed.

Thx for all the help!
I may not be Uber but I am happy to courier you or tires or the bike around the city if needed.

Back
Top Bottom