Wtf | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wtf

Answer the question. Pressure the oil companies to do what?

We already see a lot of stations doing pre-pay at night. If it becomes a legitimate problem it'll be pre-pay all the time. As with most retail business there is a portion of profit set aside to offset theft. It's possible that as prices increase there will be more theft. What we'll see in return is more precautions to prevent theft.
I understand that eventually they will take measures to stop gas theft, but it's the hope before that happens, someone will realize that people will only take being ripped off so much before doing something about it.

Hahha i know BS - My gas station I always go to, family run, say I dont like you at all because your only buying $7 for gas. Lolololololol
Been going there for 2 yrs now.

Gas stations make 2.5 cents a litre no matter what the price so don't you think he'd like it lower to sell more? Stealing gas from the station is stupid plain and simple ou had a chance during election to make it a priority and no one did that.
Everyone complains but no one goes after the real people that do this to us and they are the PC's right now and it was every party before them no one takes it up with them.
I hate it but then i just choose to drive less and not tell them see they pay it keep going up. When its lower i buy more and drive more.

wez-faceoff.jpg

Stop buying made in china, india etc... Their economies slow down and they have less demand for oil = lower prices.

Other than that, have a revolution, take over the oil fields in alberta and sell gas at cost price.

I wonder if they can make a car that'll run on piss. Everytime you need to fill up just open the zipper. Would be awkward for the girls to fill up...

The price of gas will never ever go down. It's a non-renewable resource. The only chance of it ever going down is if we found a better and more efficient type of energy to run our machinery, which will NEVER happen. Automobiles use something like 15% of the worlds oil, everything else that makes " our " world run uses the other 85%. Even if we found a type of resource to take place of oil, every single machine engine in every refinery and factory would have to be redesigned from the ground up to accommodate it, fat chance of that happening anytime soon.

i bet the oil company execs would lower prices if people started taking shots at them

No they won't they'll just retire with their millions. If your gonna take a shot at anyone shoot the shareholder's. They're the ones who the execs are trying to please.;)

But at the end of the day we as a society are the only ones to blame. It's simple demand and supply. You want oil prices to go down start doing your part to lower the the demand for it. That's really the only way.

No they won't they'll just retire with their millions. If your gonna take a shot at anyone shoot the shareholder's. They're the ones who the execs are trying to please.;)

But at the end of the day we as a society are the only ones to blame. It's simple demand and supply. You want oil prices to go down start doing your part to lower the the demand for it. That's really the only way.

If you have a pension plan or mutual funds, chances are you are a shareholder in energy. That's a lot of people to shoot.

As for oil demand, even if we curb our use, the appetite for oil in emerging markets is on the rise, so I don't think it will make much of a difference. A seismic shift will have to occur to make a difference, such as: nationalizing and closing the energy market in Canada, or discover a cheaper energy source.

i bet the oil company execs would lower prices if people started taking shots at them

The execs do what certain shareholders tell'em to do.. Those shareholders generally don't reside in countries where people they screw over can get at'em.. Lesson learned from the Great Depression :cool:

Yup..people can whine all they want, have their little temper tantrums..but the reality is gas is on an upward trend. They can try to justify your lifestyle all they want..nobody cares..if you can't afford the gas you will have to find some other way to function. Hello nuclear power..

If you have a pension plan or mutual funds, chances are you are a shareholder in energy. That's a lot of people to shoot.

As for oil demand, even if we curb our use, the appetite for oil in emerging markets is on the rise, so I don't think it will make much of a difference. A seismic shift will have to occur to make a difference, such as: nationalizing and closing the energy market in Canada, or discover a cheaper energy source.

First part of my post wasn't to be taken literally, just putting it in perspective for those who are so quick to jump on the execs.

As for the demand thing...Agreed...We're screwed lol Even if we lower our demand, emerging markets (India, China) will send oil consumption and prices to the rev limiter. But on a micro level, if you don't want to pay the inevitably higher prices for oil the individual can do a lot to lessen his/her dependency on oil.

Back
Top Bottom