Wtf | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wtf

oilycreek

Banned
Last week oil drops approx. $15 a barrel, and gas goes down 6 cent, today oil goes up $6 a barrel and gas goes up 6 cents. It's time for more people to fill up and run, that's the only way the oil companies will get the message.

Last week oil drops approx. $15 a barrel, and gas goes down 6 cent, today oil goes up $6 a barrel and gas goes up 6 cents. It's time for more people to fill up and run, that's the only way the oil companies will get the message.

I was just ranting about this yesterday, today, and the day before, :protest: Let's block the Trans Canada Highway!
My Dad is totally ****** off, he calls everyone criminals now. :lol:

I was just ranting about this yesterday, today, and the day before, :protest: Let's block the Trans Canada Highway!

The only way they get the message is to dip into their profits by stealing their gas. It's unbelievable that they are allowed to get away with this BS.

Thread title is a waste of time! -10

What I can't stand is that when the price of oil goes up, gas goes up the same day. With the time it takes to process you know full well that the gas in the underground tanks was processed and purchased at the rate with the cheaper oil. Mutha ****ers!

What I can't stand is that when the price of oil goes up, gas goes up the same day. With the time it takes to process you know full well that the gas in the underground tanks was processed and purchased at the rate with the cheaper oil. Mutha ****ers!

Now that the **** sucker Harper got his majority, it will only get worse. Can't wait for the recession to start again.

Now that the **** sucker Harper got his majority, it will only get worse. Can't wait for the recession to start again.

Oh no.. The GDP per capita will rise, the economy will start looking good and unemployment will go down.. Poverty rate will stay the same or go up and the deficit will go EVEN MORE out of control.. That's my prediction for our economy :cool:

Stealing gas from a gas station doesn't stick it to the oil companies at all. All that does is screw over the owner of the gas station who is one of your neighbours. Just a regular guy working 60 hours a week to make it fly. You want to steal from him?

Stealing would only work if you could break into the fuel rack and steal it directly from from the refinery. Good luck with that.

I bought a scooter that gets over 100mpg. If you want to limit how much money they make off you, either drive less or buy something that is much more fuel efficient.

Stealing gas from a gas station doesn't stick it to the oil companies at all. All that does is screw over the owner of the gas station who is one of your neighbours. Just a regular guy working 60 hours a week to make it fly. You want to steal from him?

Stealing would only work if you could break into the fuel rack and steal it directly from from the refinery. Good luck with that.

I bought a scooter that gets over 100mpg. If you want to limit how much money they make off you, either drive less or buy something that is much more fuel efficient.

Guys let's stay on topic here, you're all over the place.

So drilling and tapping a 1/2" hole in the pipeline is a bad idea you think? I was just getting ready to leave with my cordless drill. :D

Stealing gas from a gas station doesn't stick it to the oil companies at all. All that does is screw over the owner of the gas station who is one of your neighbours.

And in response that station will have to raise the price of gasoline even more to cover the losses due to non-paying drive-aways, and that sticks it to the rest of your neighbours who buy gasoline there. Yes, that's quite the plan, isn't it?

And in response that station will have to raise the price of gasoline even more to cover the losses due to non-paying drive-aways, and that sticks it to the rest of your neighbours who buy gasoline there. Yes, that's quite the plan, isn't it?
It does affect the oil companies. They also make a profit from gas sold at stations. If the owners of gas stations are losing money because of theft, they will put pressure on their companies. If the gas theft became out of control, you'd see prices come more in line with reality.

Breaking news on CP24,

"A crimal ring has been broken and 16 barrels of siphoned premium petrol has been recovered. The ring has been operating through condominiums in the GTA and has been reported to have been previously behind automobile and motorcycle theft but has moved on to more lucrative prospects.

Other rings reportedly still at large have been targetting low capacity scooters and smart cars, leaving the traditional muscle cars, European exotica and super sports motorcycles."

You'll be reading that in the papers in 5 years. Hehehe

Talking about ridiculous gas prices? I think I'm very on-topic.. thanks tho.

Sar casm

Original topic = WTF (rather nebulus no?) hence the saaaaaarcaaaaaasm. Any topic is on topic.

I'll update later with a diagram.

It does affect the oil companies. They also make a profit from gas sold at stations. If the owners of gas stations are losing money because of theft, they will put pressure on their companies. If the gas theft became out of control, you'd see prices come more in line with reality.

Pressure on the oil companies to do what?

Owners buy the gas from the oil companies, then re-sell it to us. Regardless of whether or not we pay the gas station for fuel, the owner still has to pay the oil companies for fuel. Does stealing beer from a bar affect Bud or Labbatt at all? No, the bar already paid for that beer.

Pressure on the oil companies to do what?

Owners buy the gas from the oil companies, then re-sell it to us. Regardless of whether or not we pay the gas station for fuel, the owner still has to pay the oil companies for fuel. Does stealing beer from a bar affect Bud or Labbatt at all? No, the bar already paid for that beer.
If owners are losing money, how long will they continue to be owners? then the oil companies will have to figure that out

If owners are losing money, how long will they continue to be owners? then the oil companies will have to figure that out

Answer the question. Pressure the oil companies to do what?

We already see a lot of stations doing pre-pay at night. If it becomes a legitimate problem it'll be pre-pay all the time. As with most retail business there is a portion of profit set aside to offset theft. It's possible that as prices increase there will be more theft. What we'll see in return is more precautions to prevent theft.

Eventually gas prices will reach a point where it's unaffordable to most ppl. it doesn't affect me as much as people on fixed incomes. I am lucky. I have a job where I can work an extra couple hrs a day and make an extra 750- 1000 a week, but most people don't have that luxury. To me it's principle. Someone needs to step in and stop the BS.

Back
Top Bottom