Wrecked hard on Tuesday | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wrecked hard on Tuesday

Oh, I hear ya 100%!!

I'll have to remember to not assume someone will stop at a red light or a stop sign unless I can make eye contact or I know I can get through the intersection before he gets there anyways.

Same with making a right turn onto a road where someone has their signal on to turn right onto the road I'm coming from ... almost got taken out once or twice there where they kept going straight instead. :mad:

We all learn from our experiences and, thanks to forums like this, from others as well.
Moderation isn't in the mindset of an aggressive driver.

If you've got a red light or stop sign ahead take your foot/hand of the throttle and slow down. It saves brake wear and makes your intentions more obvious.

Instead, aggressive drivers blast right to the stop sign or parking lot exit making the road users guess whether they're going to stop or not and where. Stop six feet out into the roadway?

Of course if the person riding with the legal right of way slows to mitigate risks he/she risks getting rear ended.

Welcome to reality.

There’s a good old saying ‘the cemetery is full of those that had the right of way’.

When I ride in stupidly vigilant, to a fault I guess, where I’m hyper aware of the cars at intersections / stop signs / roundabouts and just assume they’re going to pull out in front of me…and am happy when they don’t.

I too have been in your position....Life changing injuries.
7 years until settlement....no court
Get a good lawyer....They end up taking 30% at least...no matter what they say
they do indeed. Lawyer I've chosen, informed me that in Ontario, loser pays(sorta) legal. So they'd have to cover disbursements plus add 15% of the total.

Just had the first surgery to repair my shoulder, today. Due my physically demanding career, if I cant do my job like I used to, we will also be seeking college money.

Back
Top Bottom