Worst Motorcycle Related Purchase? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Worst Motorcycle Related Purchase?

Thanks Shane! Bruised ego and disappointment more than anything.
Just need a cheap decent bike for the next couple of years. SV prices are right up there. FZ6 is the only one that could be cheap on insurance. Didn't check the insurance for FZ1 though. I'm talking about FZ6 and not the FZ6r which is the slower one. But even then I know they're not a desirable bike but I'm trying not to pay unreasonable prices.

On the other hand insurance is now asking for incident history for last 10 years. Used to be 6 years before. Desjardins to be specific.
Had an 06 FZ6. Rode it up the JBR. Good bike (seat is a brick though) does everything you want but has no character. Also I got tired of spooling it up past 8 or 9K just to get to the good stuff.

fz6 ergos are basically adv

are SV prices bad? Usually they're pretty good... 🤷‍♂️
4.5 - 5K on avg with no useful mods. If I buy one, I'll have to do the suspensions which is more $$. Personally, I don't like FZ6. It's too heavy and more of a tourer, but even '15-16 RC390s are going for 4.5gs which is a bit hard to digest for me.

Does @N3WMAN still have his SV for sale?
Someone put a deposit 2 days before I was planning to check it out, someone he knew. Unfortunate :(

Sorry OP for sidetracking this thread.

4.5 - 5K on avg with no useful mods. If I buy one, I'll have to do the suspensions which is more $$. Personally, I don't like FZ6. It's too heavy and more of a tourer, but even '15-16 RC390s are going for 4.5gs which is a bit hard to digest for me.
whats your budget like?

Get one of these, the suspension and brakes wont suck, it will have character and be hella fun too, plus you will be one of the cool boys with an orange bike:

Hey, lets get back to what the post is all about.
Bad choices we have made!

Someone put a deposit 2 days before I was planning to check it out, someone he knew. Unfortunate :(

Sorry OP for sidetracking this thread.
Crazy I paid 6 for a new SV650s abs around 09 they just wanted them gone.

Sent from the future

Thanks Shane! Bruised ego and disappointment more than anything.
Just need a cheap decent bike for the next couple of years. SV prices are right up there. FZ6 is the only one that could be cheap on insurance. Didn't check the insurance for FZ1 though. I'm talking about FZ6 and not the FZ6r which is the slower one. But even then I know they're not a desirable bike but I'm trying not to pay unreasonable prices.

On the other hand insurance is now asking for incident history for last 10 years. Used to be 6 years before. Desjardins to be specific.

FWIW, I loved my FZ6, probably my best motorcycle related purchase ever. It is not a sport bike though if that is what you are after.

Found this bit by Scharrard on fb.

IF YOU OWN ONE OF THESE, PLEASE see a suspension shop, they are dangerously under sprung and under damped. Perhaps the worst calibrated motorcycle I have ever seen. The front fork damping is ok, but the fork spring, (yes only one on one side) is too light for most adults. The rear shock however, is crap.

We did the math and it is sprung for a 6’1”, 20-40 pound rider. YES 20 - 40 POUND RIDER!!! Have you ever seen a human that meets that criteria? It has almost no preload adjustability, has NO damping adjustability, has the wrong spring for any human and is calibrated poorly.

We can get full competition shocks with reservoirs, compression and rebound, but this little K-Tech is SUPER reasonable and looks stock if you are worried about theft. Easily the BEST upgrade you can do to this otherwise amazing little Honda. Contact us for your options. 705-657-9490

MV Agusta F4 1000.

Looked so beautiful in the pictures, but what a fuggin' pig. Outdated tech. The minute I took it out for a ride I knew I made a terrible mistake. Better suited for the living room than on the street or track. :cry:

mv.jpg

IF YOU OWN ONE OF THESE, PLEASE see a suspension shop, they are dangerously under sprung and under damped. Perhaps the worst calibrated motorcycle I have ever seen. The front fork damping is ok, but the fork spring, (yes only one on one side) is too light for most adults. The rear shock however, is crap.

We did the math and it is sprung for a 6’1”, 20-40 pound rider. YES 20 - 40 POUND RIDER!!! Have you ever seen a human that meets that criteria? It has almost no preload adjustability, has NO damping adjustability, has the wrong spring for any human and is calibrated poorly.

We can get full competition shocks with reservoirs, compression and rebound, but this little K-Tech is SUPER reasonable and looks stock if you are worried about theft. Easily the BEST upgrade you can do to this otherwise amazing little Honda. Contact us for your options. 705-657-9490
Which bike was he talking about? The one you had?

Honda CRF250/300s, BTW.

Random Harley boots on sale for $100. Barely wore them since they were thin materials, shorter/slimmer toe (looks good) despite being described as a riding boot. They make good boots for a sport bike tho. I ride in Allen Edmonds boots now.

whats your budget like?

Get one of these, the suspension and brakes wont suck, it will have character and be hella fun too, plus you will be one of the cool boys with an orange bike:

I would have bought that!

Back
Top Bottom