Worst Motorcycle Related Purchase? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Worst Motorcycle Related Purchase?

I would say my BMW F800R. I had an R3 before and felt that I needed something "bigger". At that time, I used to commute daily on my bike,
but me being young, naive and stupid didn't take into consideration three obvious things before making the move.

1) The bigger the CCs the bigger the fuel consumption. I was spending almost twice on gas compared to before.
2) Usually, more CCs mean a heavier bike. In Mexico, you can lane split and filter; maneuvering between cars became quite more difficult.
3)Back in my home country, most of the "premium" car/motorcycle products are first owned by people who can afford to buy and maintain them. Then down the road, when they get bored, they sell these vehicles to people that want the status quo but can barely afford to purchase them; thus, the maintenance gets neglected because they have no money to pay the "premium" brand prices.
After that, Paco comes into the picture, he buys a motorcycle/car that was neglected and spends an absurd amount of money to take it back to a decent status where it's safe to use it.

Last edited:
Lol, I'm looking at one right now. Might even consider buying it. The ones with character are too expensive, some for no reason at all.
bro, dont do it, just keep the sv, MUCH better than the fz6.

I had to lay her down aka crashed it.
Sorry to hear this:(
Not sure what bikes you are considering or what your criteria entails, but the 1st gen FZ1 is a pretty fun bike which often comes up at low price points. Probably more upgright than the SV and similar to FZ6.

The only bmw I ever owned.

Sorry to hear this:(
Not sure what bikes you are considering or what your criteria entails, but the 1st gen FZ1 is a pretty fun bike which often comes up at low price points. Probably more upgright than the SV and similar to FZ6.
Thanks Shane! Bruised ego and disappointment more than anything.
Just need a cheap decent bike for the next couple of years. SV prices are right up there. FZ6 is the only one that could be cheap on insurance. Didn't check the insurance for FZ1 though. I'm talking about FZ6 and not the FZ6r which is the slower one. But even then I know they're not a desirable bike but I'm trying not to pay unreasonable prices.

On the other hand insurance is now asking for incident history for last 10 years. Used to be 6 years before. Desjardins to be specific.

Just need a cheap decent bike for the next couple of years. SV prices are right up there. FZ6 is the only one that could be cheap on insurance. Didn't check the insurance for FZ1 though. I'm talking about FZ6 and not the FZ6r which is the slower one. But even then I know they're not a desirable bike but I'm trying not to pay unreasonable prices.

On the other hand insurance is now asking for incident history for last 10 years. Used to be 6 years before. Desjardins to be specific.
Since you’re looking for adv ergos, why not a versus 650 or the venerable v strom?

Since you’re looking for adv ergos, why not a versus 650 or the venerable v strom?
He's not. He's looking for a "sportbike" without sportbike insurance.

He'd be best with another sv, but prices are stupid...

His crashed '09 sv was well sorted, and he bought it for a good price... can't find that deal again, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

He's not. He's looking for a "sportbike" without sportbike insurance.

He'd be best with another sv, but prices are stupid...

His crashed '09 sv was well sorted, and he bought it for a good price... can't find that deal again, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
fz6 ergos are basically adv

are SV prices bad? Usually they're pretty good... 🤷‍♂️

Does @N3WMAN still have his SV for sale?

Back
Top Bottom