Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya...my bike's battery is 100% dead after multiple attempts to get it fired up.

Time to buy a new one. But no rush as the season is over anyway. Only thing I didn't get done is get the fuel stabilizer into the system.

Poured into the tank, and couldn't get the bike started.

my bike's battery is 100% dead after multiple attempts

IMO.. Modern bikes should come with an extension that you attach a shaft to and build a kickstart. I understand the ignition switch and all, but the good old kickstart can get the battery running from dead just enough to see you home.

IMO.. Modern bikes should come with an extension that you attach a shaft to and build a kickstart. I understand the ignition switch and all, but the good old kickstart can get the battery running from dead just enough to see you home.
Not that simple. Need enough power for computers (and injection pump). Bump starting a bike is a useful skill and not that hard on most bikes. With a modern bike and completely dead battery, you need angry pixies to fire it up not physical effort. With a big enough hill, ypu may be able to drive the engine long enough to get some power in the system. It would be hard to push it enough to build power.

A couple of years ago my wife couldn't get her car started, so I got the old Cdn Tire lead acid 200lb (so it seemed) booster battery (fully charged)and it barely turned over but not started. Then I remembered I had one of those lithium boosters in the back of my car (not charged for a year) only had one LED out of 5 not lit and the thing got her car started. So last Christmas I gave everyone in our family one for their car.
So carry one of these when your battery gets sketchy or over 5 years old on the bike. This booster is very light, of course my bike had paniers.
something like this but wait for it to go on sale (who buys stuff at full price at Cdn Tire?):

Once I find my voltmeter I'll check the status of my battery. How low is too low and time to scrap it?

I may pick up one of those small boosters just in case. They're usually on sale anyway.

Once I find my voltmeter I'll check the status of my battery. How low is too low and time to scrap it?

I may pick up one of those small boosters just in case. They're usually on sale anyway.
wasnt there a similar issue with your cb500x? Are you attaching a bunch of electrical accessories or something?

wasnt there a similar issue with your cb500x? Are you attaching a bunch of electrical accessories or something?
The CB500X developed the issue when I added the USB charger. I replaced the battery as it was a 2018 bike, on the same battery in 2022.

The Scrambler as a few items on it also, but yet again...2019 bike on what I'm assuming is original battery in 2023.

I bump started the X, and had no issue until winter. I replaced that one BEFORE it left me stranded.

I bump started the Scrambler, and it died after 1 month of just sitting there in the garage. But it was already having trouble starting on a few rides when cold.

A battery can have voltage but still fail to crank the motor.

The CB500X developed the issue when I added the USB charger. I replaced the battery as it was a 2018 bike, on the same battery in 2022.

The Scrambler as a few items on it also, but yet again...2019 bike on what I'm assuming is original battery in 2023.

I bump started the X, and had no issue until winter. I replaced that one BEFORE it left me stranded.

I bump started the Scrambler, and it died after 1 month of just sitting there in the garage. But it was already having trouble starting on a few rides when cold.
It died because you don't like it, it just gave up :LOL:

Was hoping to get out today before the rain hit to test ride after setting up my suspension but rain came early at 8am and turned to snow the rest of the day. Rest of the week looks trash but that could change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom