Where do you guys go for new tires? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you guys go for new tires?

concur. Ted has changed rims on 3 of my bikes, always available last minute and no scratches. think the last one cost me $50 front and rear all in.
Depends on what kind of bike you have. You should see what he did to the nut of a ducati multistrada rear axle (single sided swingarm). Probably was a pipe wrench on the narrow nut slipping off a dozen times.

Then again, when I noticed the damage, I asked the owner of the bike why in god's name would he take that specific bike that needs specialty tools there.

Depends on what kind of bike you have. You should see what he did to the nut of a ducati multistrada rear axle (single sided swingarm). Probably was a pipe wrench on the narrow nut slipping off a dozen times.

Then again, when I noticed the damage, I asked the owner of the bike why in god's name would he take that specific bike that needs specialty tools there.
Well yes. There's always room for some 'common' sense. 😁

:rolleyes: If you're the same Pegassus from like a decade ago, are you crazy?

As for Ted, he's semi-retired and wants to pick and choose what jobs he does and doesn't care to do in his last few years working. Nothing wrong with that.

He's never scratched any of my rims. At worst, he asks my girl to take her shirt off when he sees her. Nothing wrong with that either! Her tits are fantastic, I ask her the same thing at home like 12 times a day.

She declines, and then they talk about hiking, mountains, and other hippy stuff together. I think it's kinda cute to be honest. Ted's a good dude. If he's ever truly scratched your rims it was probably on purpose lol
Buddy, there's an old saying that goes..... either take a dump or get off the toilet, there's NO such thing as being semi-retired. Ted Bundy now only wants to change oil and not do the hard, intricate stuff. Last time I took my bike to him with a tranny problem and he said to me; "It's not worth fixing it you idiot, it's as worn and wobbly as your wife". He then tried to sell me used tires. I told him; "Ted if you are useless just let me know man, I'll bring an ambulance and have it on standby outside your shop".

Like I said, you guys have to learn to change tires yourselves, go see Youtube videos, it's a perfect winter project on a snowy Sunday.

Like I said, you guys have to learn to change tires yourselves, go see Youtube videos, it's a perfect winter project on a snowy Sunday.

Buddy, there's an old saying that goes..... either take a dump or get off the toilet, there's NO such thing as being semi-retired. Ted Bundy now only wants to change oil and not do the hard, intricate stuff. Last time I took my bike to him with a tranny problem and he said to me; "It's not worth fixing it you idiot, it's as worn and wobbly as your wife". He then tried to sell me used tires. I told him; "Ted if you are useless just let me know man, I'll bring an ambulance and have it on standby outside your shop".

Just out of curiosity, what was the bike and how long ago was this

Not sure how valid this is but ones told that the business next to Ted is taking over his business.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Not sure how valid this is but ones told that the business next to Ted is taking over his business.🤷‍♂️
this is how rumors get started!! (again) 😁

Edited

Will you please explain, once again, how to properly grease the axel sticks?

Timeless.

The laughingstock of the forum for well over a decade.

"There's NO such thing as being semi-retired" - what world does this clown come from?

For context for those who may not have been around: This guy joined in like twenty years ago, and somehow never learned much since. During this time, especially for the first decade, he often confidently posted self-contradicting stuff from one month to the next. Our astonishment at his lack of self-awareness was only outdone by our amazement at how long and how often he could keep this up.

For all we know, some really smart admin or moderator just made up a ridiculous character to entertain themselves and drive engagement, and they have been trolling us and playing with us this whole time... which would be hilarious.

Or, he really, truly, is like this... which would also be hilarious.

Last edited:
For all we know, some really smart admin or moderator just made up a ridiculous character to entertain themselves and drive engagement, and they have been trolling us and playing with us this whole time... which would be hilarious.
@Wingboy he's onto you!

I would be hard pressed to call a 37mm socket or wrench "specialized tools"

37? More like 55. I could get a 46 from Princess Auto, but not a 55. And even then, it's not perfect - ideally you want a flat edge instead of a chamfer to avoid slipping. Best case you slip and damage the nut, worse case the wheel.

When you roll into a shop needing a rear tire and the shop can't remove the wheel, for all intents and purposes it's a specialized tool.

Last edited:
I would be hard pressed to call a 37mm socket or wrench "specialized tools"
Man, must not have noticed this in my mastercraft beginner mechanic's set. Let me check it again, maybe its tucked away next to the 22mm

Even better is when you check the torque specs required. 320ft lbs on that thin nut.

When you roll into a shop needing a rear tire and the shop can't remove the wheel, for all intents and purposes it's a specialized tool.

Even better is when they don't decline the work then hand it back without telling you they gouged the crap out of the nut and chipped the paint off the wheel.

Last edited:
Man, must not have noticed this in my mastercraft beginner mechanic's set.
I am kinda hoping that anyone representing themselves as professional motorcycle technician, would have a better set of tools than a mastercraft beginner's set. Actually, MOST of the professional vehicle technicians I know have a tool fetish, and have a stupid amount of money wrapped up in their tools, and have realistically spent WAY too much money on tools and have tools they will never need/use. You have a flashy, late model bike, techs have toolboxes. I know several guys that have the value of a sizeable home downpayment wrapped up in tools. I know a guy that has about $100,000 in just boxes, not including the tools in them. A decent SnapOn box starts around $10,000 now... just the box, NOICE ones have a stereo, WIFI, groovy flashing lights and a refrigerator... you know... for your "in shop" discos
37? More like 55.
Sorry, I got "old" Ducs and they have smaller lugs. (37mm = 1 1/2"... you're right, it's probably bigger... what ever it is, I got a wrench for it... and if I didn't have one, I'd GET one and I am FAR from a professional tech)
My point was/is: Ted is a HACK. I've known him since he apprenticed for a buddy of mine, in the '80s... and my buddy fired him... for being a hack. He can do the work, but he does stuff like take the big nut off the rear wheel of a Ducati... with a pipe wrench. Job's done... BUT....

My tool collection is modest, but i know what the correct tool looks like. And it's not a tool shaped metal object from PA.
17266805384434454098912347525558.jpg

I really want to defend Ted, but I don't want to turn this into another thread about him. Ted never wronged me, but other "better" & more expensive mechanics have. I'll leave it at that

Back
Top Bottom