Where do you guys go for new tires? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you guys go for new tires?

You have to admire Pete's Superbike for being a full Canadian "bricks and mortar" retail store, yet able to sell at prices that rival online-only stores. Goes to show that just because you have physical presence overhead, it doesn't mean you need to have inflated prices. And that's just their regular prices. During the Montreal bike show, a 120/180 Dunlop Roadsport 2 set was only $150 - half of the lowest price I could find in Ontario. The additional $40 rebate just made it ridiculous.

You have to admire Pete's Superbike for being a full Canadian "bricks and mortar" retail store, yet able to sell at prices that rival online-only stores. Goes to show that just because you have physical presence overhead, it doesn't mean you need to have inflated prices. And that's just their regular prices. During the Montreal bike show, a 120/180 Dunlop Roadsport 2 set was only $150 - half of the lowest price I could find in Ontario. The additional $40 rebate just made it ridiculous.
I always found Pete’s to be very competitive. Did you have to get this deal in person at the Montreal show?

I always found Pete’s to be very competitive. Did you have to get this deal in person at the Montreal show?
Nope. They originally quoted me $175 for the pair plus shipping when added to my cart, and while I was debating whether to try them, the following weekend (which was the weekend of the show) the cart was showing $150.

There's no secret. I don't have any connections. I simply ask.

TripleClamp Moto is another good, local vendor who may bend on price. Give 'em a call.
Figured I would try my luck again.

This time the the person I spoke with budged and offered the same pricing as Pete's. No additional $20 flat fee or anything.

Only caveat is I need to pick them up as they would tack on another $30 for shipping, same as Pete's.
I'm fine with that, gives me a chance to spend more money and I really wanted to use up my Gift Card to GP.

Not a bad deal. A set of 705's for $274 tax in.

Now I'm thinking if I should just add another rear to the order as these are known not to last very long. I'm expecting 1-2 seasons.

Figured I would try my luck again.

This time the the person I spoke with budged and offered the same pricing as Pete's. No additional $20 flat fee or anything.

Only caveat is I need to pick them up as they would tack on another $30 for shipping, same as Pete's.
I'm fine with that, gives me a chance to spend more money and I really wanted to use up my Gift Card to GP.

Not a bad deal. A set of 705's for $274 tax in.

Now I'm thinking if I should just add another rear to the order as these are known not to last very long. I'm expecting 1-2 seasons.
2 years back I had a delayed shipping experience with REVCO. The REVCO website provided a non-trackable shipment number with the status that the tires were fulfilled. A week later the tracking number changed, I contacted the carrier who said they have just picked up the package -- more than a week after REVCO market is 'fulfilled' and "Left origin warehouse".

I was able to track the new number to Dicom who confirmed the package was picked up more than a week after REVCO's website info. I reached out to the owner who assured me this was an isolated incident, and they would never mark items shipped unless they had left with a carrier for delivery.

I Rec'd a promo email from REVCO and decided to order another set of tires. Price was good, with the 15% promo discount it cost me $161 for a set of Shinko 705's, shipping included. That's the good news.

The bad news is the same shenanigans with the shipping info. The front tire arrived in 2 days, the rear had a non trackable number (459478-166D74C5CDC8C5) that changed to a Dicom number last night -- the tire is still not here.

1725973067421.png

Looks like its time for new tires. Any suggestions for west GTA?

Do you guys buy them online and take them to Rosey Toes, if he's still there? Or do you buy them at the dealership and not them handle it?

I hate my life everytime I change my bicycle tire. I'm not inclined to do this one myself but youtube sure does make it look easy.

Without knowing exactly what bike you have (but you did say ninja 300 in a previous post), I can only make the following recommendations from a sportbike perspective. The variables are Wheels on or off, and tires bought from or customer supplied.

If you do not know how to take the rims off the bike, then Ace Moto Tech in Milton I recommend wholeheartedly. Service charges and tire prices are reasonable considering the full service needs. Wide range of tire options as well. If all you know about tires is that you need them, then Ace is where to go for an honest, trustworthy experience.

Pro6cycle is also good in terms service and availability. They recently mounted a tire for me in a last minute kind of situation (wheel off, I supplied tire). I was skeptical about the lack of wheel weights so I double checked them. They were bang on perfect. They are a Dunlop exclusive dealer and their prices are not bad at all. Located right by Sherway Gardens. They did so many tire changes trackside that you can be confident that many of the tire guys can do it blindfolded. If you know which Dunlop tires you want, and you may or may not know how to take the wheels off, then Pro6 is a great west end option.

If you absolutely want lowest cost and you can take the wheels off, there's MikeyMoto Services | mikeymotosMIKEYMOTO RACING in Brampton. Ordering online with Pete's Superbike + taking it to Mikey is probably the cheapest option and I hear lots of good things about him.

If you have a cruiser, then take it to the dealership cause nobody wants to do those for cheap.

Last edited:
As I'm most likely keeping the trailer, once the current Pirelli Angel GTs get worn down, I'm going back to Shinko 705 but reverting to the original cast wheels as I like them better.

I'm probably going to go the route @Aens recommends as I don't have the skills, tools, or knowhow to remove, install, and balance new tires on rims.

As I'm most likely keeping the trailer, once the current Pirelli Angel GTs get worn down, I'm going back to Shinko 705 but reverting to the original cast wheels as I like them better.

I'm probably going to go the route @Aens recommends as I don't have the skills, tools, or knowhow to remove, install, and balance new tires on rims.
Those are fancy trailer tires

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Those are fancy trailer tires

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
The Shinkos? Had them on the 500X and loved them. They served me well on that bike.

Hell I wouldn't even know what else to get. Had Heidenau tires on the CB500F and those were good too.

No rush as the Angel GTs right now are basically brand new still with less than 4k on them.

Looks like its time for new tires. Any suggestions for west GTA?

Do you guys buy them online and take them to Rosey Toes, if he's still there? Or do you buy them at the dealership and not them handle it?

I hate my life everytime I change my bicycle tire. I'm not inclined to do this one myself but youtube sure does make it look easy.
Are you crazy? I wouldn't let Ted touch my bike to change tires, and that's all he wants to do now, change tires and change oil, something I can do myself, he won't touch your bike if you want him to actually be a mechanic, like tranny or engine problems. You can go if you want if you want scratched rims.

Are you crazy? I wouldn't let Ted touch my bike to change tires, and that's all he wants to do now, change tires and change oil, something I can do myself, he won't touch your bike if you want him to actually be a mechanic, like tranny or engine problems. You can go if you want if you want scratched rims.
:rolleyes: If you're the same Pegassus from like a decade ago, are you crazy?

As for Ted, he's semi-retired and wants to pick and choose what jobs he does and doesn't care to do in his last few years working. Nothing wrong with that.

He's never scratched any of my rims. At worst, he asks my girl to take her shirt off when he sees her. Nothing wrong with that either! Her tits are fantastic, I ask her the same thing at home like 12 times a day.

She declines, and then they talk about hiking, mountains, and other hippy stuff together. I think it's kinda cute to be honest. Ted's a good dude. If he's ever truly scratched your rims it was probably on purpose lol

As for Ted, he's semi-retired and wants to pick and choose what jobs he does and doesn't care to do in his last few years working. Nothing wrong with that.

He's never scratched any of my rims. At worst, he asks my girl to take her shirt off when he sees her. Nothing wrong with that either! Her tits are fantastic, I ask her the same thing at home like 12 times a day.

She declines, and then they talk about hiking, mountains, and other hippy stuff together. I think it's kinda cute to be honest. Ted's a good dude. If he's ever truly scratched your rims it was probably on purpose lol

I'll have to remember this the next time I drop by (your place).

concur. Ted has changed rims on 3 of my bikes, always available last minute and no scratches. think the last one cost me $50 front and rear all in.

Back
Top Bottom