WHAT IS HIGH KM FOR A 600cc bike | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

WHAT IS HIGH KM FOR A 600cc bike

Motorcycles like mentioned in all the previous posts before me can last till 100,000+ with good maintenance. I personally agree that valve checks should be done. Some mechanics suggest every 15000km while some manuals and other sources suggest 25000km +. Depending on what brand bike you ride will have different valve clearance settings in terms of being tight or loose. In terms of high mileage, when I buy a bike used I try to stay under 10k km because id rather put the mileage on myself and sell the bike down the road getting decent resale value rather then getting next to nothing.

80,000 kms isn't very high mileage but is getting up there. If you buy that bike used for half of new and take it to 160,000 kms you're paying the same for the last half of it's life as the original owner paid for the brand new half. Which half do you want?

80,000 kms isn't very high mileage but is getting up there. If you buy that bike used for half of new and take it to 160,000 kms you're paying the same for the last half of it's life as the original owner paid for the brand new half. Which half do you want?

Who's paying 1/2 the sticker price on a bike with 80,000km's?

At that point it's basically worth its weight in metal.

Who's paying 1/2 the sticker price on a bike with 80,000km's?

At that point it's basically worth its weight in metal.

I guess I didn't think this thru. N/m.

I thought the formula was $1/cc and then only if the bike fired up (or could be parted out). Unless you're a good customer, the scrap yards will give you bottom dollar/kg.

Im all for checking the valves. I check mine every 20k kms or so. I just dont believe in automatically doing an adjustment at exactly what kms the manufacturer recommends. Obviously if you check the valves and its way off you should do an adjustment.
Its tricky because with valves often you wont know they are off until something happens, but I believe if I check them enough you can tell when an adjustment is needed.

Ill admit my first post was worded poorly. I kinda threw that last part in as an after thought, didnt read it over.

Last edited:
Haha I thought so! I was going to say something but then I thought, no...this guy has 9000 posts and im new to the forum, best not to butt heads just yet haha

I was trying to be polite :p
and most post were deleted a few years ago.

It looked like you never lubed it tbh, I hate rust :lmao: I thought I might of had to replace the sprockets too but i scrubbed the crap out of everything with a chain cleaner and brush. It'll be fine for the season.

I'm glad you're happy with the CBR tho, It's a hell of a bike :thumbup:
oh and no I lubed it LOL when I seen the chain on cbr it was so clean but now its all messed up and dirty I don't why . the roads where I live are soooo dirty

hey guys what is high km on a 600cc sport bike I have a 2002 CBR 600 F4I with 36,000km and how long do you thing it could go for with out major problems and when do stuff tend to go I already know about the valve adjustment at 43,000km but my shop says if it runs fine don't do a valve adjustment till 60,000km

any way I see all these bike online like a 2004 r6 with 47,000 km for $ 5500 and to me that bike is already almost outta life even though its mint shape you think in another 15,000km that bikes at 62,000km like LOL that's a lot any way what is your thoughts

I have heard though bikes get wrecked even before they see higher miles

CHECK MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL MOTOVLOGGING THIS YEAR and much more https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSk0jUEpUXYOYph3sLHOqw

1. F4i Valve Check interval is at 24K, so if you are at 36K - you are well overdue. So the 'shop' you are going to is giving you bad info.

2. "but my shop says if it runs fine don't do a valve adjustment till 60,000km " --> If you wait, you might have way bigger issues by then. Might result to a bigger bill :)... again the 'shop' you are going to is giving you bad info.

3. Valve out of adjust will take a long time to give you issues, if they are too tight - it will cause starting issues. Too loose - you don't really want to think about that one...

4. if you aren't getting your valves checked at correct intervals - what other maintenance are you skipping out on ?

4. A 2004 R6 is a very desirable chassis / platform, it is still one of the premier handling chassis out there. And for people who've been around - they love that little R6. It is also eligible for the 'lost era' class - so it makes it even more valuable of a bike.

5. "almost outta life even though" I take care of quite a few forum members bikes, been taking care of them since they were almost new. Some of them are well ever 60-80k + now. And those owners will run circles around other bikes in their class and track them, tour with them etc. So they are hardly out of life. I personally have a 03/04 zx6r. Had 3k when i bought it - rode that bike for 2 seasons. and now she has 65K - ran like a top. Ex-GF had a 05/06 636 - sold that bike at 50K - the owner prob is still loving that bike.

I would not think twice about buying any of those bikes. They will run like tops. But i've seen plenty of bikes under 20K that are iffy to say to least.

6. "CHECK MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL MOTOVLOGGING THIS YEAR" <<--- Are you here to ask a question or self promote ?

One of the biggest issues is previous owners not maintain their bikes and abusing them....here is a video from your 'VLOG" that is a good example of what you don't need to do. Burns out are hard on drive system and clutches, not to mention the motor. Wheelies are hard on head bearings and fork seals.
[video]https://youtu.be/jgaXs7b5-z0[/video]

Last edited:
oh and no I lubed it LOL when I seen the chain on cbr it was so clean but now its all messed up and dirty I don't why . the roads where I live are soooo dirty

Yeah the salt and sand they put on the roads sure does make a mess of everything. I took the FZ for a 15 minute ride today and had to wash it immediately when i got home. It was a really nice day tho so i couldn't pass it up.

What's up with the log in the burnout video? That really messes you up on the rollout.lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Yeah the salt and sand they put on the roads sure does make a mess of everything. I took the FZ for a 15 minute ride today and had to wash it immediately when i got home. It was a really nice day tho so i couldn't pass it up.
yeh I know what you mean I rode the cbr for like 4 hours today and she is just caked in mud lol

1. F4i Valve Check interval is at 24K, so if you are at 36K - you are well overdue. So the 'shop' you are going to is giving you bad info.

2. "but my shop says if it runs fine don't do a valve adjustment till 60,000km " --> If you wait, you might have way bigger issues by then. Might result to a bigger bill :)... again the 'shop' you are going to is giving you bad info.

3. Valve out of adjust will take a long time to give you issues, if they are too tight - it will cause starting issues. Too loose - you don't really want to think about that one...

4. if you aren't getting your valves checked at correct intervals - what other maintenance are you skipping out on ?

4. A 2004 R6 is a very desirable chassis / platform, it is still one of the premier handling chassis out there. And for people who've been around - they love that little R6. It is also eligible for the 'lost era' class - so it makes it even more valuable of a bike.

5. "almost outta life even though" I take care of quite a few forum members bikes, been taking care of them since they were almost new. Some of them are well ever 60-80k + now. And those owners will run circles around other bikes in their class and track them, tour with them etc. So they are hardly out of life. I personally have a 03/04 zx6r. Had 3k when i bought it - rode that bike for 2 seasons. and now she has 65K - ran like a top. Ex-GF had a 05/06 636 - sold that bike at 50K - the owner prob is still loving that bike.

I would not think twice about buying any of those bikes. They will run like tops. But i've seen plenty of bikes under 20K that are iffy to say to least.

6. "CHECK MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL MOTOVLOGGING THIS YEAR" <<--- Are you here to ask a question or self promote ?

One of the biggest issues is previous owners not maintain their bikes and abusing them....here is a video from your 'VLOG" that is a good example of what you don't need to do. Burns out are hard on drive system and clutches, not to mention the motor. Wheelies are hard on head bearings and fork seals.
[video]https://youtu.be/jgaXs7b5-z0[/video]
thanks for the info and check my utube channel is to self promote lol

Dude, multi-quote feature works well instead of making 300 separate replies.

[video=youtube;4AvuiVyJs0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AvuiVyJs0w[/video]

Once in a while when there is a surge of useless posts and dumb people, the site purges most of it and starts fresh...... It's about to happen again.

:)

Back
Top Bottom