what do you wear in summer? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

what do you wear in summer?

I ride a GSX-R so naturally I ride squid in the summer...

Lol! ^, I wear my gear all the time. I learnt this by going down on my dirtbike in shorts, my fat FMF exhuast landed on my leg and burnt me. If I had my riding pants, would have defiantly stopped that from happening.

Helmet, leather jacket, and leather gloves. My leather jacket is the Dainese Nikita Pelle (see below) - was ok riding today at 28 degrees as long as not too much stopping (lol). I recently ordered an A*'s Stella NYC that is a perforated leather jacket. Hopefully I'll wear that when it gets hotter. I also have a A* Stella GP Plus textile jacket for... I don't know...

nikita_pelle_lady_2.jpg

Try a mesh jacket if you get too hot. Feels like you aren't wearing anything but you still have the padding on some parts and the skin protection.
You can also try wearing something like Climacool underneath.

When it's REALLY hot, mesh jacket, pants, and t-shirt underneath. Just pour water down your neck and the shirt will feel super cool. Not recommended for commuting.

mesh gear with protective armour inside, normal jeans, and riding boots, of course gloves and helmet

First real test with mesh jacket today. Works as advertised. Suffered all those years for nothing.

Enough is enough. This will be my first summer with a proper "air" jacket. Just picked up Alpinestars Verona Air. Did a back to back comparison. Around the block in my Alpinestars Verona WaterProof (liner out). Toasty. Then I switch to the Verona Air. Huge difference in ventilation. Could not have ridden comfortably with it today. Too cold.

The Alpinestars Verona Air would have been too cold yesterday but with todays extra temps. it worked great.

Whatever makes you feel comfortable both physically and MENTALLY.

I'm mentally fine going in a t-shirt on days like this but I'll still have boots, gloves, and pants on lol

The Alpinestars Verona Air would have been too cold yesterday but with todays extra temps. it worked great.

Oh, I thought you meant you went down with the jacket on. I wear a perforated leather jacket right now.. not sure if I trust the mesh jackets or not in case of a crash.

A*s GP Pro jacket, SMX boots, SP-1 gloves, Dainese Kevlar jeans, and of course, a bicycle helmet.

not sure if I trust the mesh jackets or not in case of a crash.

In over 45 yrs. riding and going down on pavement a handful of times I've never suffered any real road rash to speak of. Never been down at high speed tho. The armoured textile I now wear is the most protected I've ever been. I feel it's sufficient. That's just one angle, take it fwiw.

Perforated leather full gear, ideally. If it's not perforated it's going to be damn hot.

Same stuff I wear in the colder weather minus all the Under Armour coldgear and thermal liner...

Here is my gear year round, only take out the insulated liner in my jacket....

Helmet - Bell RS1
Jacket - White Icon Overlord Prime Leather
Gloves - Icon Overlord Gauntlets
Boots - TCX SportTours
Knee/Shin - a* armour pads
***** - Knox CE Shorts
Pants - Draggin Jeans or regular jeans when laundry is backed up. LOL

I was die'n this weekend but I just stayed out of the city. Now if I commuted in T.O. I would likely wear a lighter jacket.

Shorts and tshirt with an icon vest to hide my manboobs....

But in seriousness, if i'm just cruising around the city I chose to just be comfortable and enjoy myself rather than be sweaty and miserable. I understand the risk. Wearing gear doesn't make the roads any safer.

My gf has the Joe Rocket Alter Ego 10.0 jacket. I'm super jealous.
It's just as protective as my joe rocket leather jacket (and the padding is better than my alpinestars t-stunt jacket). Has a really awesome warm/waterproof full liner. The jacket goes form basically a nice looking full textile to a jacket that is full mesh torso and under arm up to the wrists while still leaving the protection on the outer portion of the arms and shoulders.
Basically she has a jacket better than both of mine combined.

[h=1]REV'IT! Ignition 2 Jacket[/h]
FJL049_1010MF_300RGB08_detail.jpg

[h=1]Icon Overlord Prime Leather Pants[/h]
2011-Icon-Overlord-Prime-Leather-Pants-Black_detail.jpg

or my Velocity Riding Jeans

Along with shorty gloves and proper boots

I do sweat a bit if I wear the leather pants it all depends on where and when I am riding.

Back
Top Bottom