What are you reading? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are you reading?

The best series I've ever "read" was Jack Reacher. I actually listened to that one, and what made it so good was the narrator, Dick Hill. His voice was perfect for Reacher, although a male voice is strange when reading female lines if you aren't used to it. He did such a great job that my wife would listen with me after overhearing it. That was the unfortunate part; it became "our" book, and I had to find something else to listen to when commuting and she wasn't present.

Another I recommend is the Zombie Fallout series by Mark Tuffo. It's a slightly humourous, or sarcastic, zombie apocalypse story following a family. It has a darker spin-off that follows from a mutant zombie-clown perspective, and a very good spin-off that follows a teen girl with her baby brother (literally, a baby), the family cat, and the family dog, a pitbull. That one is written from the perspective of the dog. The cat-dog relationship is quite funny.

Reacher, Fallout and LOTR are my top three, in that order.
There was a long period where movies dubbed into Polish were all done by a single male voice actor. It was weird to hear different voices for different characters recently.

As for Reacher…fun books to listen to (and yes I like that voice actor) but the books are all the same. After 4-5 books the storyline is exactly the same, with a different location and different love interest.

There was a long period where movies dubbed into Polish were all done by a single male voice actor. It was weird to hear different voices for different characters recently.

As for Reacher…fun books to listen to (and yes I like that voice actor) but the books are all the same. After 4-5 books the storyline is exactly the same, with a different location and different love interest.
Sounds like Tarzan, John Carter of Mars et al.
Just listened to a podcast. Are they ok here or separate?

Back
Top Bottom