Weekly BurgeRR & BBQ Meetup - Wednesday’s | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weekly BurgeRR & BBQ Meetup - Wednesday’s

This week is Whitby? Sounds like a good day to do the GP/Royal/Princess/ReGear loop.
Save your drive to Regear, not open Wednesdays. The guy is 65 and not wearing a mask 5 days a week. They are only open Thurs Fri and Sat since Covid started. You still have GP/Royal/Princess and don't forget Durham Harley formerly Mackie's.

"905_Polak just doesn’t have the same ring to it"

How about Sauga_Polak?
(no offence intended)
None taken. I think Mississauga has (or had) the highest % of Polaks outside of Poland. Right after Chicago.

I don’t even know if I can change my name here…and I’m not going back to zero on the GTAM ‘karma’.

None taken. I think Mississauga has (or had) the highest % of Polaks outside of Poland. Right after Chicago.

I don’t even know if I can change my name here…and I’m not going back to zero on the GTAM ‘karma’.
Growing up in Mississauga I hated it with a passion. Always referred to it as Mississausage or Miserysauga.
Mississausage_Polak has a certain ring to it...

Growing up in Mississauga I hated it with a passion. Always referred to it as Mississausage or Miserysauga.
Interesting perspective. I had a coworker from Scarborough that also referred to it as Miserysauga, but I never understood that. I've lived here since I was 3 and loved it. I've never even considered living anywhere else in the GTA.

Mississausage_Polak has a certain ring to it...
Being here has its advantages but only work-related. If I'm in a crusty mood I think of it as a sensory deprivation tank.
Edit: I do admit getting around on the roads is pretty good compared to most other areas of the GTA.

Last edited:
Interesting perspective. I had a coworker from Scarborough that also referred to it as Miserysauga, but I never understood that. I've lived here since I was 3 and loved it. I've never even considered living anywhere else in the GTA.
I think it was just my immature perspective and thinking that Toronto was where all the action and fun was. I left Mississuaga and moved downtown for 20 years - worked and partied like crazy and swore I would never move back to Mississauga. Then I moved back in 2013 so I could have a garage, basement and backyard after having my fill of living in Toronto and wanting a less busy life. And I love living here now!

I love it here. When we lived at Dundas / Kirwin I hated it…but it helped us build equity to ‘house-up’ from a townhouse to a house. So while it sucked…the place we are now I absolutely love.

Weathers looking good, cya there!
hm.. I guess you are using a different weather app.. my app shows rain around 6pm and 7pm now (damn, it was 11-12 yesterday).

I'm actually already driving a car today.. so, I guess I will see you next time

Back
Top Bottom